Why are these athletes not getting arrested for drugs?!

Killer ofTrolls

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look, I don't give a shit what people do, nor do I want anyone to get arrested.
But how are these pro athletes not getting arrested after getting caught with Cocain or weed and such in public media surrounded medical tests, in contries where the substance is illegal...

Pretty hard to arrest someone for using drugs. He got caught with it in his system not in his possession.

I'm sure if they were caught with drugs on their person they would be arrested or charged. Can't arrest because you used or failed a drug test.

Because the drug war mostly affects poor people who can't defend themselves against selective enforcement.

funny-pictures-read-something-stupid-forest-whitaker-eye.jpg

In the US, and most of Europe, production, trafficking and posesion of drugs are crimes, while use is not - though I'll admit, it's hard to use if not in posession in the first place.

This kind of drug-related crime system is currently under heavy criticism from various associations and groups for not including drug-use related crimes.

Same reason regular people who volunterily go to rehab dont

Pretty hard to arrest someone for using drugs. He got caught with it in his system not in his possession.

Lol, this law is just retarded. I think it's simple to assume a guy had drugs in his possession before smoking it, derp.

In the US, and most of Europe, production, trafficking and posesion of drugs are crimes, while use is not - though I'll admit, it's hard to use if not in posession in the first place.

This kind of drug-related crime system is currently under heavy criticism from various associations and groups for not including drug-use related crimes.

I was walking around Greg Jackson's house. I tripped. And fell into a mountain of what I thought was flour. I now know this was cocaine. I am sorry.

-Jon Jones.

Killer of trolls.
I guess you should kill yourself too

Uncle Dana makes it go away.

Look, I don't give a shit what people do, nor do I want anyone to get arrested.
But how are these pro athletes not getting arrested after getting caught with Cocain or weed and such in public media surrounded medical tests, in contries where the substance is illegal...

In system is not possession.

Lol, this law is just retarded. I think it's simple to assume a guy had drugs in his possession before smoking it, derp.

You live in Iran?

The police arrests everybody coming out of rehab and they have gallows outside of drug treatment centers?

No, no - it's better this way. Who wants to get arrested for previously being in possession of ecstasy while being on ecstasy? It'll almost definitely ruin the roll!

Its common sense that people that use were in possession of the drug, meaning they should be arrested.

However, by not charging users for having used, they encourage people to get help.

Same as the laws in some countries (including mine) where they don't charge you if you give your illegal weapons to the authorities. No one would do this if they get arrested and there would be way more weapons in circulation.

Back