Why are there so many people at the gym with big bellies?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I’d say at least 90% of guys at the gym have a belly, even the ones that look ripped from the waste up. Huge arms, pecs and shoulders yet all that hard work is offset by their fat stomachs. I know abs are hard to build and maintain because diet is a factor, but I’d rather be lean and ripped like Ryan Reynolds than be bulky like The Rock with a belly looking like you’re pregnant. Do guys not care about abs? I’m not even talking about a six pack, just having a flat stomach.

If you have a big back and big shoulders you can get away with a big belly.

In order to get stacked, you need fuel. Lots of it. Hence larger bellies.

People are too obsessed with this chiselled physique and aesthetics, though everyone’s genetics are different. Some just can’t achieve this look.

I’d prefer to be a mass monster (which I am) rather than a skinny guy.

Why are you staring at men's bellies?

Why are you staring at men's bellies?
Autocorrect. He meant to say dicks.

But really very few people over the age of 30 have the time or desire to really put in a ton of time at the gym. I now have a kid which makes gym time a luxury.

Could also be HGH.

I briefly had a gym membership at a high end gym. I only could afford it as where I was under 18, the child memberships was considerably cheaper than adult ones.
Id see the same thing each time, middle age men with giant beer bellies stroll up. No warm up, no cardio, just start lifting heavy weights with no idea what they were doing.

Simple, because everyone can exercise but most people can't eat properly. Which to me is a sign of laziness and lack of commitment.

Ripped guys with bellies: Steroids

Fat guys with bellies: They decided to finally get off their ass and this is their beginning.

Because abs are made in the kitchen you judgmental piece of crap.

ff_1511.jpg

Lazy fucking cunts who can't diet....

The older you get the less you give a shit about a belly.
It's not a good attitude to have though, the more fat in the belly and waist, the more prone you are to heart disease.

Eating a lot and lifting heavy shit comes naturally to a man. Dieting does not.

Back