Why are there just 2 popular opinions of Conors skillset?

• Thread starter Deleted member 502383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 502383

A) Conor is indestructible

B) Conor is a one trick pony

Doesn't anybody not see a dynamic striker with remarkable footwork and top drawer precision who is an interesting match up for just about any lightweight ?

Doesn't anybody not see a dynamic striker with remarkable footwork and top drawer precision who is an interesting match up for just about any lightweight ?
I would add that he's tough as nails too. Him weathering the storm vs Mendes proved this.

INB4: Conor haters will try to discredit him with a Nate pic.

He is primarily a power puncher. He doesn't use a whole lot of other weapons.

He does have good movement for MMA, and great timing & accuracy.

No, TS. You’re the only one. Thank you for enlightening us.

He has been polarizing, partly his fault and partly the faults of fans/detractors.

like him or not but you have to admit that Conor is one of the best boxer/striker we've ever seen in MMA. his precision and timing is unmatchable

tumblr_inline_oc8tyw1heK1u9tx15_1280.jpg
WmE6nB

Last edited:
Conors a great but flawed striker. His ground game is good but not good enough to survive the top dogs of the division . Hes gassed in 3 of his last 4 fights (including floyd in there ) . Hes a dangerous fight for anyone but beatable ,he just doesnt A) fight enough or B ) Fight a big enough variety of quality opposition.

Text book definition of a polarizing figure.

His dickriders consider him the GOAT who can do no wrong. His haters consider him a fraud who only wins by lucky shots. Conor is so massively popular because you either worship him or you hate him with the soul of your very being. Almost no one is indifferent, that's why he's the GOAT and can do no wrong.

I think opinions tend to vary based on how much you like or dislike him.

Striking is his strength. His ground game is basic.

Anyone can be knocked out

So then you believe A. Got it. Great job at throwing out a neutral opinion.

021EB508-D3CE-4DA8-9DE7-27FDABDB0765.gif

Last edited:

Bit of a strawman there bro. Everyone here respects his striking and knows that he is extremely dangerous for about 8 minutes.

The difference of opinion arises on these main topics:

- his persona
- the effects of his cozy relationship with Dana
- his grappling ability
- his heart

He is primarily a power puncher. He doesn't use a whole lot of other weapons.

He does have good movement for MMA, and great timing & accuracy.

I've no doubt Conor hits very hard but I would guess a handful at 155 hit just as hard or perhaps even harder.

I think his results have come from hitting well more so than hitting hard.

Text book definition of a polarizing figure.
Absolutely. His shit talk is what sells the fights and for the vast majority of cases, he's backed it up. This rubs people the wrong way and him not defending the belt has (rightly) given his detractors ammunition in their criticism.

Overall as a fighter I would say Conor is overrated, but not by much. And he's proved me wrong too many times for me to keep picking against him.

How many opinions should there be?

I see him as an exceptional striker, with a better than average chin....with a robust and often under-rated grappling game, but with a suspect gas-tank (and possibly heart).

He has great reflexes, great movement, a brilliant mind for the business side of things, and a pretty god damn good fight IQ.

That all said, he gets unseen/unheard of preferential treatment from the UFC to do w/e the fuck he wants, and that dampens my views on his legacy. I'd like to see him run more of the gauntlet(there are HUNGRY dangerous fighters waiting in the wings), and I'd like even more to see him defend his title(if he wins it back) against some of those aforementioned fighters.

Most ppl are lazy sheep-mentality posters. It's allways way easier to hop on some simple judgmental train than to think for yourself.

Both opinions are hillariously simple minded.

Some are delusion on both sides
The majority on here could probably evaluate his skills correctly but they go to one of the extremes to banter the other side

That being said Conor is a god and Khabib doesn't stand a chance
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

... and him not defending the belt has (rightly) given his detractors ammunition in their criticism.

Him not defending shits on the value system of the belt and the traditionalists, aswell.

Back