Why are the French so rude?

Whether salty folks like it or not, English is the international language.

When your country contributes to the world in a more significant manner than the US and England have, we'll all start speaking your language. Until then, get over it and accept the fact if you want to be a part of the international community, you should learn English.

i've been to the larger cities such as copenhagen, stockholm, and a somewhat large city in gothenburg. i stayed in the small coastal town of uddevalla in sweden, and the surrounding area. i unfortunately haven't seen rural denmark. not yet, anyway. but i'll get there soon!

yes, there is a clear difference between city and country folk. and people change over time as well. i know the older i get, the more i begin to hate cities haha. i'm already planning on moving to a less populated area. if people don't like rude people, they should generally avoid large cities in general.
Don't know if you've already set the dates but one thing that hasn't changed is, we're still at our best from May-September. Hope you have a pleasant trip here.

I said hello in French dipshit. Learn to read. And I didn't rant.. I asked a question..
Gets called out in his own thread.

Says hello in French.

Gets mad.

I'm in France at the moment for a weekend at Disneyland and I've noticed that the French are not my kind of people..

First of all.. nobody speaks anything but French! Not a word of English! People look at me as if I'm asking for their first born child.

Second.. people don't say anything back when you greet them on the street. I was smoking a cigarette and enjoying my morning coffee in front of the bed&breakfast and nobody greeted back. I greeted them in French offcourse. Fucking rude.

So I was wondering if there were any Frenchies here who could shed some light on this behaviour. Why are you guys so hostile to tourists? You guys are famous for this behaviour in Europe.

So.. any Sherchiens here who could elaborate on the matter?

Merci beaucoup!
View attachment 719895

The America's in general is a more gregarious place than Europe IMO.

Americans and Canadians are the friendliest people in the world.

Keep traveling around the world, your appreciation for America will deepen greatly.

As a born Parisian I have my own theory on why Parisians are legitimately viewed as assholes by other french- and by extension all the french by stupid tourists.
In addition to having a huge immigrant population - wich aren't always the most clean/polite people - it is the economical and cultural heart of the country and as so attracts careerists and wanabees from all over France, all happy to identify themselves as parisians as soon as they settle here and tend to be complete entitled assholes. Just my 2 cents.
I take for good your word

Fun thing i live in Milano, wich have same role if you get what i mean... all modernization pass here these days, wich make lot italians to see Milan a bit as the assholes place in same way as Paris there (and share lot of the traits you said)

But if we speak about tourists nobody seems to have that asshole first impression, idk where's the difference

Everyone everywhere can be rude. Yesterday in heavy traffic I dropped back to create space for a local to change lanes and no thanks wave or anything. He then made sudden low clearance lanes changes again and again. I wonder if he was on crystal meth.

I’ve been to France 3 times. I think it’s a combination of:

- They think they fancy and have a superiority complex
- Insecure
- Poor sense of humor
- Thin skinned

These are four bad traits that get exponentially worse when combined in one person.

BTW, I don’t mean all French people just the ones that are rude usually have these traits.

I'm not French, but we Euros tend to be a lot more closed off than you Yanks. In my country, people would think you were an absolute weirdo if you started greeting them in the street. It's an unspoken accord that you behave efficiently like a robot when in public and do everything you can to avoid bothering other people.
this is basically it. Europe is like that. Sometimes in the COUNTRY areas, country folk out on a walk might say "hi" or "bonjour" or something, but it's dfefinitely unusual. Built-up areas, yes, people just keep themselves to themselves.

Also...The French often speak some English but they like to pretend they don't. This is the way it is.

I think Germans are just as rude. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @Zer

But not @BroRogan , he is awesome and very cool. We love him a lot... remember when he made us those German Frankfurters and Germany beer... really nice yummy meaty sausage, had a crisp snap to it as we bit into it.

tumblr_ocpnum9eYK1ttrxmxo1_1280.jpg

I take for good your word

Fun thing i live in Milano, wich have same role if you get what i mean... all modernization pass here these days, wich make lot italians to see Milan a bit as the assholes place in same way as Paris there (and share lot of the traits you said)

But if we speak about tourists nobody seems to have that asshole first impression, idk where's the difference

I dont think Milano is the same as Paris ... It's indeed a megapole but I don't think it have the same central vortex thing that Paris have in France ... To my eyes and don't take it bad Italy have several big cities rivaling and hence no real center ... In France Paris smash all competition ; Marseilles, Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon are clear seconds, no competition. Enhance the massive supply of assholes.

Take a country that is prideful in its food and culture, and now add a bunch of loud tourists going,

"CAN I GET THIS WITHOUT CHEESE! LITTLE KYLER IS LACTOSE INTOLERANT! HEY! WHERE'S THE EIFFEL TOWER FROG BOY!? REMEMBER WE SAVED YOU IN WW2!! HON HON HON!"

And you can understand a slight standoffishness.

Similar to how Americans get annoyed when the Asian tourists barge through wearing facemasks and holding up ipad cameras everywhere.

I now hate French people after reading the first 10 posts of this thread.

Also, being tired of reading it : no, no french will hide his capacity to speak english for whatever reason.
You are just paranoids and fucking entitled. No shit some of the locals won't be able to talk your language while on a foreign trip... Get a grip.

Back