Why are the French so rude?

SL1200

Oranje boven!
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm in France at the moment for a weekend at Disneyland and I've noticed that the French are not my kind of people..

First of all.. nobody speaks anything but French! Not a word of English! People look at me as if I'm asking for their first born child.

Second.. people don't say anything back when you greet them on the street. I was smoking a cigarette and enjoying my morning coffee in front of the bed&breakfast and nobody greeted back. I greeted them in French offcourse. Fucking rude.

So I was wondering if there were any Frenchies here who could shed some light on this behaviour. Why are you guys so hostile to tourists? You guys are famous for this behaviour in Europe.

So.. any Sherchiens here who could elaborate on the matter?

Merci beaucoup!
BGfB6-ACYAEkEKj.jpg_large.jpg

Them still angry bout giving up in WW2.

Everytime I've gone to France I've found them very polite whenever I converse with them in French

Last edited:
Just smile and be polite to them. I'm sure you'll come across some nice people eventually

Because they have baguettes up le cul.

I'm not French, but we Euros tend to be a lot more closed off than you Yanks. In my country, people would think you were an absolute weirdo if you started greeting them in the street. It's an unspoken accord that you behave efficiently like a robot when in public and do everything you can to avoid bothering other people.

I'm not French, but we Euros tend to be a lot more closed off than you Yanks. In my country, people would think you were an absolute weirdo if you started greeting them in the street. It's an unspoken accord that you behave efficiently like a robot when in public and do everything you can to avoid bothering other people.

TS is not a yank.

For some reason im imagening some random crazy guy nodding and saying hello to every single person walking by

This.

People smiling at each other etc is something most of the world is only used to seeing in American tv and movies.

When we see it in real life we think "why is this weird guy acting like he is in a movie?"...

Well I'm not a "yank". I'm from the Netherlands and in most countries I've visited people just say hello back like a normal person with manners. Where are you from?

It just seems like the bigger the city the less welcoming and more rude people are. That goes for here in the US and abroad. It doesn't mean they are all like that, just more on average.

It just seems like the bigger the city the less welcoming and more rude people are. That goes for here in the US and abroad. It doesn't mean they are all like that, just more on average.
I stayed the night in a little town just outside of Paris. But this has been my experience every time I've been to France. Like I said the French are known for this behaviour.

You would think drinking so much wine even for breakfast they would be a lil more loose and friend

Fun fact: French people actually dont have physical sex. They just take turns smelling their own farts beside one another. You should see the orgies

I never found them to be but I speak (Canadian) French. I found Paris to be very underwhelming though.

I worked with a summer student who was doing some school in Quebec but from France and he told me that he thought 1. Canadians were way more friendly and 2. People from Paris were kind of dicks compared to the type of people you’d meet pretty much everywhere else.

Not rude, misunderstood..much like New Yorkers..

I was in germany and many other european countries, they all were polite and spoke excellent english. Its just arrogance, the french think becaise they are bleeding africa they are still in the days of napoleon.

Back