Why are the forums tolerating fairly regular bashing/unsubstantiated steroid accusations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShreddinMMA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Honest question to the mods.

Sherdog has always been a punchy place, at least in my 10+ years here. That said, Sherdog has traditionally enforced tight policies around fighter bashing, especially around unsubstantiated steroid accusations.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-user-rules-and-contact-info-all-new-members-read.3130889/

Per your forum rules:

• No Fighter Bashing - Criticism is fine, but flaming is not. Please note that an unsubstantiated accusation of steroids and PEDs is fighter bashing. In regards to female fighters, posting inappropriate, sexual or graphic comments is considered trolling and fighter Bashing. This applies to their relatives and loved ones as well.

What you define as fighter bashing is happening daily on the UFC discussions. Since the era of Conor/rampant trash talking, the UFC discussion has seemed to mirror the way fighters talk about each other. In nearly every thread, you see fighters who have clean USADA records getting accused and discredited of PEDs. More than ever, entire threads are being derailed from quality (albeit, vulgar) discussion to basically a cluster fuck of PED accusations and straight flaming.

I'm genuinely curious why this has changed so drastically? I'm from the era of Ubereem, when this forum defended Ubereem and his clean record (at the time), as well as many others who were suspect but who had yet to fail. Double yellows and bans were common as hell for even slight insinuations. And users were almost insta-duble yellowed when they created idiotic and insulting posts about fighters without any substance to them.

So, why has this changed?

Keep in mind that we have a multitude of different sub forums with posts and threads being made constantly in each section, while only having a few active Mods.

With the amount of threads constantly being made and large variety of sub forums, if a post isn't reported then it most likely won't be seen by a Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back