Why are some of you so confident in Maia against Askren?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
I get it, Ben lost so he's pretty much the biggest joke in the WW division because of it, but do you guys really believe that Demian won't gas himself out if the fight stays on the feet for too long? I mean, he had three minutes of gas against Colby on the feet, and he's definitely going to go (and fail) for takedowns like he's done against the last three strong wrestlers he faced.

Even if Demian goes full TJ with EPO, the fight will go the distance because it's still going to be two of the least athletically gifted fighters out of their comfort zone. Make no mistake about it, it will be an ugly fight for as long as it lasts. I still have Ben outworking him though.

Ben has great top control and postures up well. Also underrated BJJ.

Maia is world class on the ground.

Not sure how it will play out, but I will enjoy seeing these two beast grapplers chess match it out.

He has better striking
It's still robotic as hell and he can't sustain it though.

I think the clinch battle will be more prevalent here, can't see Ben just sitting back letting Maia tee off on him with 1-2s.

Not sure how it will play out, but I will enjoy seeing these two beast grapplers chess match it out.
No way this hits the ground, it has to play out as any other grappler vs wrestler fight and be settled on the feet and/or fence.

Maias striking is better he has good defense doesnt get hit a lot and if it would stay standing i would favor Maia. Askren will probably win by top control.

Who did Maia fail to takedown except woodley who is built like a brick shit house

I wouldn't be confident in either of them. I think it's going to be similar to Shields vs Maia.

This is the match i've been waiting for..

Maia is the better striker and if there is anyone alive that askren don't want to be on the ground with at ww that's maia..

Will be interesting!

At least Maia has faced the best in the world. Askren only cans in Asia.

Who did Maia fail to takedown except woodley who is built like a brick shit house

He took down Shields but he kept getting reversed. I think it will be Askren getting the takedowns in this one though and Maia will be the one trying to reverse position. I think it will be a competitive grappling match.

I get it, Ben lost so he's pretty much the biggest joke in the WW division because of it, but do you guys really believe that Demian won't gas himself out if the fight stays on the feet for too long? I mean, he had three minutes of gas against Colby on the feet, and he's definitely going to go (and fail) for takedowns like he's done against the last three strong wrestlers he faced.

Even if Demian goes full TJ with EPO, the fight will go the distance because it's still going to be two of the least athletically gifted fighters out of their comfort zone. Make no mistake about it, it will be an ugly fight for as long as it lasts. I still have Ben outworking him though.

It's a great great fight.

Because, Maia's better on the feet, better on the ground, ASkren has a suspicious takedown defense, and his scrambling style would be death of him I think if he tries that against Maia.

I think Askren beats colby and possibly usman. I think Maia is a terrible match up for Ben.

@BC

It's still robotic as hell and he can't sustain it though.

I think the clinch battle will be more prevalent here, can't see Ben just sitting back letting Maia tee off on him with 1-2s.

No way this hits the ground, it has to play out as any other grappler vs wrestler fight and be settled on the feet and/or fence.

Forgot about Maia vs Shields?

He took down Shields but he kept getting reversed. I think it will be Askren getting the takedowns in this one though and Maia will be the one trying to reverse position. I think it will be a competitive grappling match.
i don't even know if i saw shields vs maia is it worth watching?

Here is what I don't understand about the Askren hype... His wrestling gets hyped up to the point where people believe that he simply has to get his hands on his opponent and it's all over. This is despite the fact that we have seen him get tossed around by a guy in OneFC that nobody has heard of, and there are a number of other wrestlers in MMA with even better wrestling credentials that nobody seems to apply this God-status to. The rest of his game is so bad and neglected that I honestly see him getting beat up by Maia.

With that said, he is a great character and his first 2 UFC appearances really didn't answer any questions about his fighting ability.

I just want to see Ben get knocked out again from a different opponent. The way his Afro flops around when he is getting worked is hilarious. Boom roasted.

Askren will likely win. Maia is WELL past his prime and offensive submissions are nearly extinct at the highest level of mma. I could completely see Askren blanketing him from guard for 3 rounds.

That being said, a win over Maia in 2019 is not exactly a big deal so whoever is left of the Askren fanboys needs to relax if he gets this win because he will still have a ton to prove.

i don't even know if i saw shields vs maia is it worth watching?

Yes, I thought it was great, but only if you enjoy the ground game. It was like a modern version of Newton vs Sakuraba.

It's a great great fight.

Because, Maia's better on the feet, better on the ground, ASkren has a suspicious takedown defense, and his scrambling style would be death of him I think if he tries that against Maia.

I think Askren beats colby and possibly usman. I think Maia is a terrible match up for Ben.

There's no way in hell Askren beats Colby or Usman lmfao

interesting. but he did win his last 2 fights.
I just got around to watching Rocco bout last night. And I think he hugged Lyman into quitting before that

Back