Why are so many writing off McGregor against Poirier in trilogy fight?

Because Conor doesn't care enough about this sport to last past Round 1 with cardio.

Porier is always ready to go a hard 5.

I don't get it either. As much fun as I've been having watching Conor try to save face with the media, I don't let outside events blind me to what happens in that cage.

Conrat was catching Dustin hard and clean before Dustin started to mix it up. There were a few shots Dustin ate where he was visibly hurt and sort of just visibly froze for a moment. Conor had an obvious speed advantage and Dustin had a hard time navigating it, which is exactly why he went for the TD and the legs. He got Conor thinking and his hands started to land in turn. All credit to Dustin, he made that happen, but it's ridiculous to think Conor can't spark Dustin if he's not on his toes.

Yep, he looked ridiculously basic. Poirier was better at every facet of the game, and was a step ahead the whole fight.

It's mindboggling to me how someone could watch that fight and come away thinking Conor got the better of the striking, let alone "dominated".

I'm guessing it's confirmation bias or something. Conor is simply nowhere near as good as the nuthuggers thought he was, and their mind is playing tricks on them, convincing themselves he did much better than he did.

He got flat out dismantled and demolished by Poirier.
Not at all a striking advantage, Dustin was obviously more versatile, but Conor has that speed that can always be an equalizer. I'm not counting on it and am completely on team Porier, I'm just surprised so many people act like Conrat just got walked over in a historically Pro-Conrat forum, crazy fickle place.

I definitely agree with the over arching point though. Conor has not improved and is actually regressing. His style is completely dependent on his physical gifts, which will fail him sooner than most with the lifestyle he lives.

Last edited:
Well, what support do you have for your obvious opinion outside of gassing in one fight in a new weight class?

Maybe fact he’s been blowing out of his arse every time he’s gone past 10 minutes in a fight.

Conor has proved what an asshole he is. Not following through with his promise of donating to Dustin charity is out of order. Dustin to win via TKO or will submit this coward.

"Look, if he makes the changes in time for this fight to beat Dustin then he will have the momentum behind him if he continues on the same trajectory to reclaim the LW title.'

<Dany07>
Good joke!

.....Conor will NEVER have a UFC belt again. Sorry to break up the fanboy circle-jerk.
I'm not saying that's the possible outcome.

Read between the lines.

What I'm saying are that the changes to his game he needs to make are so big that he'd be on a totally different trajectory and that trajectory if the momentum is consistent leads him to a title shot that he very well could win.

Despite the Eddie fight he has looked very average at fights above fw, and don’t bring up the cowboy fight where it was clear cowboy took a dive in that.

Cowboy didn't take a dive, he is known to start slow and fold to pressure. He was tailor made to get blown out by Conor in the first round. There was a reason they made that fight for his comeback, even though it didn't make sense. They needed an easy fight for him to set up a rematch with Khabib.

Poirier took McGregor's best punches and didn't go down. McGregor also didn't take the punches very well when he himself started to get hit. I don't think Conor has a good 5 rounds in him anymore so unless he can put something good on Poirier and finish him early, I see this fight as going the same way as what we saw in January.
This logic has always been very stupid to me. “He took Conors best punches” Forst of all, no he got rocked by a right hand, Conor didn’t land a clean powerful left. Second of all, even if Dustin did take Conors best punches, does that mean he can take 2 or 3 more? People act like if a fighter doesn’t get hurt by their opponents best punch, that other punches won’t hurt them.... sure they might eat their best shot, but one or two more of those shots could easily put them down... such a stupid way to think

Where’s the lie???

Dustin was breaking Conor down in the stand up from the get-go. Only the dumb casuals think that Conor was smashing Dustin, and all because he landed a few reaching punches lol.

This wasn't like against Nate where he actually was dominating until the momentum swung.

The dumb that think Conor was dominating Dustin in the stand up are the same sort of dumb that thought he was dominating Floyd early hahaha.

Don't understand the overwhelming number of folks out there who seem to think McGregor doesn't stand a chance. Do people forget how elite his striking is? I get it if you hate the guy, I don't like him either, he's bad for the sport, but you gotta give credit where it's due. Mcgregors striking is the best in the division, the way he outboxed Diaz, Eddie Alvarez, all the fights at FW, even the rematch against Poirier. He was dominating on the standup until Poirier compromised his leg completely. If not for the leg kicks, McGregor had the advantage especially since Poirier couldn't keep him down either.

It seems he was looking past Poirier, thinking he could easily outbox him and it showed.. He was flat footed, and very heavy on the feet, completely unlike how his previous fights were. Sure his gas tank is not the best, but unless you are taking him down, the chances of surviving on the feet for 5 rounds is tough unless your a zombie like Nate Diaz. It seems as though he has to just fix the issue with the leg kicks and he will be good. Poirier ain't the toughest matchup for him, he just can't take him lightly though and it doesn't seem like he is.

Toughest matchup is probably Michael Chandler, but think McGregor gets past him as well due to his size advantage, expect something similar to Mendes fight. Honestly don't hate me for saying this, but with Khabib gone, I can see McGregor being champ by end of 2021 if he gets past Poirier. Picking Conor against Poirier, only has to address a few small things, not like a Khabib fight.

You just watch how they change their tune after the fight and say Poirier was never that good.

People will never make logical predictions when its Conor. He is too divisive. One of the reason why he attracts so much attention.
I picked Dustin to win the rematch. How was that not logical considering how the fight ended? Just look at his record at anything other than FW. And then take into account who his opponents were. Then consider all of his out of the cage issues. And the fact he’s not very active. He also is known for not really having heart, and having relatively bad cardio.

You must have a different definition of the word logical than I do.

I picked Dustin to win the rematch. How was that not logical considering how the fight ended? Just look at his record at anything other than FW. And then take into account who his opponents were. Then consider all of his out of the cage issues. And the fact he’s not very active. He also is known for not really having heart, and having relatively bad cardio.

You must have a different definition of the word logical than I do.
Most people go with their emotions rather than logic when it's Conor. That was my point. I might not have worded it great.

Mcgregor is DONE SON!!
Get on your favourite betting site and get that easy money!!!

I gamble for a living, bro, and I ain't touching that one, just like I didn't touch it last time.

He’s 1 - 1 at welterweight and 1 - 2 at lightweight
In the ufc. Without the size advantage his style is questionable. He hits hard and comes forward but he’s also Hittable. His takedown defense is actually top tier but his cardio is an F. Stopping takedowns is draining on the body.

he will absolutely out strike Dustin at the start of the fight but if he doesn’t dominate at the start he slows down and breathes heavy. He’s also a quitter.

I gamble for a living, bro, and I ain't touching that one, just like I didn't touch it last time.
I’m kicking myself for not putting money on Dustin, I felt so good about it, and turned out to be right, I also picked Nate to win the first time and never bet that one either. Fuck that, time to make some money! Any advice? This is your only job??

Back