Why are so many people Obsessed with Size >>>> Skill???

Why are so many people Obsessed with Size >>>> Skill???

Well its just that people look at your differently if your really big
I have always tried to develop my skill, sensitivity and technique but no matter how good I get, no matter how experienced and no matter how many times i am told really am fucking incredible, i just cant shake the feeling that another inch or so would make me even better.

sorry, someone had too :rolleyes:

Because size does matters. That's why they have weight class.

I think the new thing is smell.

I rolled with a guy in the gym last week and I tapped out every time I entered into his 3 metre smell radius. Seriously, nothing has ever broke me mentally so fast.

Been there, he is in every gym world wide, it can be really horrific. Seen guys about to start rolling with him and they get that wild eyed look and start staring at the gym door and i can almost hear then thinking if they can excuse themselves a second time in 5 minutes.

Size over your opponent gives you a wider margin for error thus is advantageous. Unless you are a fat fuck.

He wasn't past his prime. That is a dumb cop out.

He was just finally figured out. Besides, he had Hendo beat, but got careless and Hendo pulled off a College wrestling roll up on Fedor which lead to the TKO.

I didn't say it was just because of that, but I do think it was a factor as to why he lost that way. Even a prime Fedor wouldn't have have an easy fight with Henderson, so I don't wanna discredit him.

By the way keep up the good posts.

Lol, Henderson has been fighting just as long as Fedor and is almost a decade older. Tired of that excuse.

It's a factor as to why he lost like that, we've seen great fighters decline and lose to others we thought they wouldn't lose to.

I don't get how so many people do not understand why there are weight classes

Skill is greater than Size but when the two fighters are equally skilled the bigger fighter will almost always win

I swear to go you have to be brain dead to not understand that.

not if the bigger guy has bad cardio which is sometimes the case bc of weight cut :eek:

People are morons. Muscles actually hurt cardio because of the extra oxygen required. If you look at HW's with the best cardio, for example Cain or Fedor, they have fairly high body fat. Even Roy Nelson, with very high body fat, has good cardio compared to heavyweights with huge muscle mass like Overeem. When I saw that famous pic of buff JDS with enormous arm, unlike most people here, I knew it was probably a bad thing. Of course there are exceptions to this, but in general, muscle mass is bad for cardio.

LOL that has to be one of the stupidest sentences I read here for weeks.

So according to you PEDs ( Performance Enhancing Drugs ) are named Performance Enhancing Drugs because we have no proof they help fighter's performance ??

TRT certainly helps Dan's to, recover faster, train harder and be stronger.

you say that like those things would help someone in a fight.

lol?

It's because they are WWE fans. They see the Big Show shrug off punches and chair shots from smaller guys and think it's real. They then watch MMA and think anyone LW or below can't KO someone.

When 2 guys are similar in skill level, then the bigger guy will usually win. That is just a fact of mma/life.

Aldo would get his salad tossed at light weight. Henderson, Edgar, Diaz, Cerrone, Petis and some others would do the job.
Bendo gets decimated at ww.
There is a reason why weight classes exist. Unless you are Anderson Silva though.

Well youre naming fighters one weight class apart to discredit size. What about Aldo vs Pat Barry? Size matters. The best FW in the world is a worse fighter than a very low tier HW.

IMO, GSP matches up best with wrestlers. It's like Aldo against wrestlers as well, notice Aldo has had most trouble against BJJ guys and he's destroyed pretty much every wrestler he's faced? same with GSP, he's had more trouble against Condit who is a BJJ guy, unlike Koscheck and Hughes and such.

Americans will always obsess over two things: Size and Gender.

When I went to America I ordered a "small" portion at vender-restaurants, and what I was given would pass as large here in CR. When it comes to sporting, Americans are better than most at allowing women to be involved.... but they still continually complain about how men are better.

That's just what I see, and in my opinion.

Aldo would get his salad tossed at light weight. Henderson, Edgar, Diaz, Cerrone, Petis and some others would do the job.
Bendo gets decimated at ww.
There is a reason why weight classes exist. Unless you are Anderson Silva though.

That is just silly.

Aldo is much more skilled than all of those guys, and you think 10 lbs would cancel that out? He's also the superiour athlete.

Also, Frankie could make BW.

Bendo would do fine at WW, he'd get destroyed by GSP though. A big size AND skill difference there. GSP is good enough to clear out MW, and I think he'd beat everyone in LHW but Jones.

Back