Why are so many people Obsessed with Size >>>> Skill???

Fedor also took more punishment. He had fought giants like Bigfoot Silva, Arlovski, Sylvia, Cro Cop, and Big Nog exclusively, unlike Dan Henderson, who has fought at middleweight.

Of course, the TRT definitely helps. I wonder if using it (obviously within the legal T-amount with a doctor's prescription) would have allowed Fedor to last longer...

You got any proof TRT helps fighters performance? Fedor got KTFO by Dan it had nothing to do w/ TRT it has everything to do w/ Dan's fist.

Age has different effects on different people. Plus Hendo has the Testosterone levels of a 21 year old which allows him to compete at a such a high level

Exactly, some people seem to think there.s some exact date set when you hit your decline but fighter experience, style, damage taken all adds up, Fedors had hundreds of Sambo matches as well during his lifetime...and yeah Hendo's roiding so that helps him.

Well TS Fedor was past his prime against Henderson. Also skills matter too we know that.

He wasn't past his prime. That is a dumb cop out.

He was just finally figured out. Besides, he had Hendo beat, but got careless and Hendo pulled off a College wrestling roll up on Fedor which lead to the TKO.

Are you insane or stupid?

No. I am a realist who does not pull the "he was past his prime" when I see a favorite fighter get beat.

I am not a worshiper who sees a man as his God like you do.

I am not saying Fedor was the same as when he was in 2003. But before he is not past his prime where he is washed up.

Because size is tangible and you can see it.

Seeing skill requires nuance.

You got any proof TRT helps fighters performance? Fedor got KTFO by Dan it had nothing to do w/ TRT it has everything to do w/ Dan's fist.

LOL that has to be one of the stupidest sentences I read here for weeks.

So according to you PEDs ( Performance Enhancing Drugs ) are named Performance Enhancing Drugs because we have no proof they help fighter's performance ??

TRT certainly helps Dan's to, recover faster, train harder and be stronger.

Well TS Fedor was past his prime against Henderson. Also skills matter too we know that.

Lol, Henderson has been fighting just as long as Fedor and is almost a decade older. Tired of that excuse.

No question the top guys in each division could give middle of the road guys in the division up a serious run for their money, and Aldo, Bendo, GSP, Anderson, and Jones could likely beat most guys in the weight class above them. As to your question, while I'd love to see Anderson vs. Rampage/Shogun/Machida/Rasahad, or Hendo at 205 as I like Hendo's chances better there, I'd have Anderson as the betting favorite against all of them (not Jones).

Lol, Henderson has been fighting just as long as Fedor and is almost a decade older. Tired of that excuse.

Couture fought till 44...why cant everyone else? Why did Liddel retire at 40 or Tito at 36? Surely seeing as there must be a set age where people decline they should have retired at the same age right?

Every fighter is an individual with different style, fights, damage taken, number of fights, that adds up.

Fedors also fought in countless Sambo matches as well, that adds to it all.

I don't get how so many people do not understand why there are weight classes

Skill is greater than Size but when the two fighters are equally skilled the bigger fighter will almost always win

I swear to go you have to be brain dead to not understand that.

I came here to post this. TS doesn't seem to be very intelligent.

The whole reason mma got popular is skill over size. That's what all the press about Gracie was about. It's like David vs Goliath. I too have no idea why it seems to have flipped the other way. Maybe there's a lot of gym weight lifters into mma now.

Jon Jones would still be dominant even if he cuts height before the fight.

I came here to post this. TS doesn't seem to be very intelligent.

C'mon man, that's a low blow.
When you're a sherdogger, you automatically become an intellectual :)

Are you forgetting that Henderson is about ten years older than Fedor? Saying a guy ten years older only beat him because he was past his prime is ludicrous.

prime has nothing to do with age. :rolleyes:

I think the new thing is smell.

I rolled with a guy in the gym last week and I tapped out every time I entered into his 3 metre smell radius. Seriously, nothing has ever broke me mentally so fast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back