Why are so many people complaining about what fighters get paid?

I don't see how guys that get 10k a fight that can only expect 3 fights a year can afford to pay coaches and train.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about fighter pay? The fighters know what the current pay scale is. The fighters know what they are going to make and how the business works. It's their choice.

It's like if I become a janitor (nothing wrong with it btw) I sign on for $50k but then I constantly complain that a huge corporation that makes millions of dollars won't pay me $500k per year. I knew the pay scale going in and I still chose that profession.

Not sure if you've noticed but this is sherdog. Sherdog is on the Internet and people on the Internet like to bitch about stuff anonymously. It beats paying for therapy.

so who exactly is going to ufc shows to see this guy, who gets paid way more than a former champ?

hi-res-91323d5a4d75cd64de2f8f0aca41e256_crop_north.jpg
e370559c0b0e2a1633eda990e25adc11891016358af762866ad49d75c5a80fbd.jpg

Lol hope this picture answers your question

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about fighter pay? The fighters know what the current pay scale is. The fighters know what they are going to make and how the business works. It's their choice.

It's like if I become a janitor (nothing wrong with it btw) I sign on for $50k but then I constantly complain that a huge corporation that makes millions of dollars won't pay me $500k per year. I knew the pay scale going in and I still chose that profession.

A tad bit different as more than likely cleaning the toilets won't contribute to the overall success of the company. Nobody say damn I'm gonna buy this product because the bathroom's sparklin'.

They do sign the contract but they should be compensated (better imo) for their work they do because they are such a big contributing factor to how much the UFC gets paid. As without the fighters, the Fertittas (at the time) and Dana have no product. With all the media obligations, self promtion, travel, etc. they have to do they should definitely make more than 100k a year.

I'll just say this, if the UFC doesn't change their pay scale, I don't find a problem at all with people calling out guys like McGregor, the Diazs, GSP, etc. so they can try to get these so called money fights.

Because the average fighter fights 3 times a year and the show and win money u see is doled out to different people such as trainers, facilities and agents and nutritionists(if u have one).They're slice of the pie when its all said and done might be making ends meet..If they have a family....probably not.Im talking the average fighter to msybe a bit below.

Back