Why are so many people complaining about what fighters get paid?

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's a reason the UFC is still alive while tons of big name organisations have gone bankrupt. It's called balancing the books

Just another reason to call Dana a liar.

:>

I believe that fighters should be paid more, but I also believe UFC should be larger than the NFL... and it never will be because the NFL is backed by 32 billionaires who own separate teams with only a few dozen players on each... And fewer people seem to be into watching people get their brains bashed in directly... not sure why... anyway UFC's pay is far better than any other org right now, and I hope the numbers continue to increase.. I hope to see champions making in the tens of millions per fight, and the contenders getting 1-2 million for their effots... I'd also like to see the new guys get more than 10 grand

Shill alert.

FbgPnoawcTa9y.gif

They sold the company for $4 billion but they can't afford to pay a former champ in Dillashaw six figures. Cowboy, a guy who has done many favors for the UFC, has admitted that he isn't worth shit to the company. Whatever you say Dana.

Supply and Demand yo. Bitches gotta edjumecate themselves on economics.

There's a reason the UFC is still alive while tons of big name organisations have gone bankrupt. It's called balancing the books

There's about 4 billion (minus 2 million) reasons that counter your balancing the books argument.

>0.02 cents have been deposited to your account via WME IMG

Nice try shill

Most MMA fans don't understand how to run a business. They only know how to complain because they aren't fighters and could never be fighters. They are nerds at home needing something to worship like a religion so they feel like they are on a "team" but in the end they are just pathetic. Then you have intelligent MMA fans that love the sport and enjoy all aspects. Those people will understand that the company has expenses and that boxing pays exactly the same as MMA and has been for years yet gets zero flack.

Most MMA fans also don't have a fucking clue what a PED does to the body. How much it improves a fighter, what they completely do. Even drug professionals know the biology of each drug but not what the effect they have on a strike or grappling exchange. Only takes educated guesses. MMA is so much in it's infant stages that almost every aspect can be improved on and will be and fans education has a long way to go too.

They sold the company for $4 billion but they can't afford to pay a former champ in Dillashaw six figures. Cowboy, a guy who has done many favors for the UFC, has admitted that he isn't worth shit to the company. Whatever you say Dana.
Your former champ Dillashaw unfortunately didn't draw a dime
Welcome to the real world lol

Honestly, I do agree that if you are fighting in the top organization, you should be paid well over 10k for a fight, even if you are the first fight on the prelims. However, I whole hardheartedly disagree with paying pro athletes millions of dollars. Most of the guys in the UFC making 50k plus per fight, are still probably making 100k per year, more than the average American (42k i think). If you are getting paid well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars per fight, plus making pay per view points, that is plenty if you ask me. Its crazy that some guys in other pro sports are getting hundreds of millions just to play a game, when teachers, police officers and other people get paid like shit. Yet they continue to bitch about not getting paid enough! its crazy. I think all pro sports should be salary capped at 5 million if you ask me. Put the rest back into the communities.

I agree the UFC should find a way to get these guys some sort of insurance/pension (not sure if they have it or not), but other than that, if you make 100k plus for one fight....holy shit, that's a dream come true salary for some people who work their ass off every day and wont even come close to it.

The fighters are actually overpaid if you understand business. NO one here does, though.

The fighters should give a portion of their purse back to dana, voluntarily, out of recognition that he's the only reason they have a job. Real Talk.

May be sage has already more charisma
And he's just 20... Crazy shit

I hate the fighter pay argument, they shouldn't be paid like A level athletes when they're not A level athletes.

Back