Why are people saying they want Shogun to retire already?

Most mma fans or uneducated mma fans........believe a figther is only as good as his last fight. They dont seem to get that guys like SHogun fight to make a living and will continue to do so. Just cause a guy loses here and there and isnt top 5 or 10 ( not in the case of Shogun) he should retire. There are so many cases of fighters like Shogun that have similar careers and yet no one calls for them to retire.

Also, SHogun is one of the most popular fighters in mma, so everything he does is under a microscope and gets criticized.

I agree with you to an extent. Most top level fighters carry on a few more years than they probably should, but it's true that this is how he earns a living, so it's easy for all of us to simply say that he should retire.

Having said that, from a long term health point of view, I personally think it would be good for him to fight a couple more times and really think about retiring. Again, easy for me to say, I realize that.

Watch his fights, he takes loads of punishment and his nagging injuries just add to it. Look at his brother, it wouldn't surprise me if Ninja has brain damage right now. This may be a safer sport than say boxing but it's still two human beings throwing bones at each other with ill intent. Shogun should consider retirement soon for the sake of his own health regardless if he's still a great fighter or not.

Dude you're the worst poster on Sherdog, seriously.

Anytime you want to prove the shit you talk come to my gym in Delaware or Maryland. I've tried to ignore you but you've always have something to say. So if interested in fighting me with gloves, seriously, PM me. If not cool, I admit I'm bias to my favorite fighters but in no way do I deserve the disrespect you've shown mr.

I don't know man, that 'JDS beat himself' thread was pretty shameful.

I just want him to check his ego, get in great shape, eat well, and train with some guys that will push him to his maximum ability. He has a lot of fight left in him, but he needs to train and diet like the rest of his peers are.

I don't know man, that 'JDS beat himself' thread was pretty shameful.

You're the 2nd worst.

Granted I was pissed off due to the money I lost that month but I stand by it. Cigano destroyed everyone in his path then did nothing against Cain. If Cain beats/destroys him in the rubber match ill take away/apologize for everything I've said.

You're the 2nd worst.

Granted I was pissed off due to the money I lost that month but I stand by it. Cigano destroyed everyone in his path then did nothing against Cain. If Cain beats/destroys him in the rubber match ill take away/apologize for everything I've said.

I'm the second worst poster because of that absurd thread you made? I'm ready to let it go, no more trolling you about it, but you have to admit now that the dust has settled that it probably wasn't the best idea in the world.

I just want him to check his ego, get in great shape, eat well, and train with some guys that will push him to his maximum ability. He has a lot of fight left in him, but he needs to train and diet like the rest of his peers are.

Yep, has the potential imo if he just trains his cardio a lot more and go to a better camp

Shogun has looked awful since the JBJ fight. At his age he's been through many wars that have taken their toll on him. He has lost 3 of his last 4 and taken considerable damage in all of them especiallyin the JBJ and Hendo fights. I don't see how he gets back in the title picture at LHW he seems to lack cardio and explosiveness he once had. i rather see him retire than continue this downward trend he's been and will continue to go on.

I'm the second worst poster because of that absurd thread you made? I'm ready to let it go, no more trolling you about it, but you have to admit now that the dust has settled that it probably wasn't the best idea in the world.

I said what I said, I stand by it.

When you lose $300 on Shogun, $150 on Penn, $150 on Diaz and $500 on Cigano, yeah you're worth a butt hurt thread or 2. Decemember was a tough month for me. January however is a new beginning.

When you start betting on MMA, you too will know my pain.

These topics disgust me..... If this old lion if you will believes he has the fight still in him why even question it?? Please understand this is his legacy not yours he takes himself into the gym and trains. He has a huge MMA record/experience under him he is still a game opponent for anyone besides a few tier elites, he still surely wants to make money out of this career he has cultivated....

Back