Why are people getting mad about other dudes "ego lifting"/

Mr Mojo Lane

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm seeing this a lot on social media. I'm sure that people don't like the way I lift then. I use a full range of motion, but, yeah, I'm not squeezing the muscle. I have always gotten good results from training to failure which I do from time to time. I've done 5/3/1 for a few years also. Is this why a couple of dudes were mean mugging me when I was putting up some decent squat weight a couple of years ago? I use full range of motion. I'm not doing some of the crazy things I see. It's getting to the point where, if you are not training like a bodybuilder, you'll get a lunk alarm at non PF gyms.

Anyways, what is your definition of ego lifting?

Last edited:
I'm not doing this crazy shit, btw

Marc Steubing is the epitome of ego lifting. And now he’s cut 90lbs in 2 months and thinks he’s a diet guru but he really just lost all his muscle mass and is still skinny fat

Hey listen up your protein and quit complaining. Hit those weights bud.

I'm seeing this a lot on social media. I'm sure that people don't like the way I lift then. I use a full range of motion, but, yeah, I'm not squeezing the muscle. I have always gotten good results from training to failure which I do from time to time. I've done 5/3/1 for a few years also. Is this why a couple of dudes were mean mugging me when I was putting up some decent squat weight a couple of years ago? I use full range of motion. I'm not doing some of the crazy things I see. It's getting to the point where, if you are not training like a bodybuilder, you'll get a lunk alarm at non PF gyms.

Anyways, what is your definition of ego lifting?
nobody cares about someone else ego lifting except on the internet. Just don't break the equipment or hurt anyone else.

Ego lifters are lapping everyone on the couch

Whatever happened to lifting your own damn weight and not worrying about what other people are doing?

I think powerlifters need their own type of gym. I can see people getting angry with me when I did 5, 3 ,1 but it is more of they want to use the weights or they want to use the rack. I think I took a lot of time between sets and people just get annoyed. I get annoyed too because they can do their bullshit squats or lunges with the smaller barbells that go up to 120 lbs.

I think powerlifters need their own type of gym. I can see people getting angry with me when I did 5, 3 ,1 but it is more of they want to use the weights or they want to use the rack. I think I took a lot of time between sets and people just get annoyed. I get annoyed too because they can do their bullshit squats or lunges with the smaller barbells that go up to 120 lbs.
A lot of gyms now have multiple power cages.
CF-Solace-4.jpg

This is at a fancy gym in midtown Manhattan. The chain gyms are catching on too. The Retro Fitness that opened up by me has rows of squat racks with Eleiko power bars and Rogue bumper plates. It's not even powerlifters demanding this but general fitness people. Millennial lifters learned on Youtube and know the importance of a barbell based strength routine.

This isn't aimed at you personally, but I fucking hate 5/3/1. Whenever I see a skinny fuck who can't squat his own bodyweight taking up 30 minutes in the squat rack, there's about a 90% chance he's running 5/3/1 BBB.

This isn't aimed at you personally, but I fucking hate 5/3/1. Whenever I see a skinny fuck who can't squat his own bodyweight taking up 30 minutes in the squat rack, there's about a 90% chance he's running 5/3/1 BBB.
I feel the same way. Everyone deserves to use the rack since we all pay the amount. I stopped going to peak hours since I know I need to warmup and I run squat and DL on the same day. I get annoyed because there are legitimate folks who use the rack to curl or do lunges with 10 lbs on each side. They have these fixed bars with weight on them but nobody uses them. I also try to tell them they can still use the rack when I am using the platform outside for DL. They rather just wait and stare at me until I am done.

I feel the same way. Everyone deserves to use the rack since we all pay the amount. I stopped going to peak hours since I know I need to warmup and I run squat and DL on the same day. I get annoyed because there are legitimate folks who use the rack to curl or do lunges with 10 lbs on each side. They have these fixed bars with weight on them but nobody uses them. I also try to tell them they can still use the rack when I am using the platform outside for DL. They rather just wait and stare at me until I am done.
How many minutes do you 5/3/1 guys rest? Like the full 5 minutes each time?

Let me put on my Plus 5 hat of weapon smithing, work on skilling up my crafting, and let's talk about this...

Let me put on my Plus 5 hat of weapon smithing, work on skilling up my crafting, and let's talk about this...
Now now, coath had to sell his reloader for rent money. It’s the +5 hat of speech craft now, lovingly called the +5 hat of autism to eek out a few extra seconds to put the video over 10 minutes.

I think powerlifters should get their own gym so that they can hug and worship each other with self deprecating, blatantly logical yet somewhat motivational, but not too motivational so to be lumped in with those hippie dippy faux influence types, holier than thou, "i was here when it wasn't cool!" attitudes, then chirp behind each others back. Yeah that kind of place...

A lot of gyms now have multiple power cages.
CF-Solace-4.jpg

This is at a fancy gym in midtown Manhattan. The chain gyms are catching on too. The Retro Fitness that opened up by me has rows of squat racks with Eleiko power bars and Rogue bumper plates. It's not even powerlifters demanding this but general fitness people. Millennial lifters learned on Youtube and know the importance of a barbell based strength routine.
That gym needs more bands. According to every other Insta post, band work is hot right now.

That gym needs more bands. According to every other Insta post, band work is hot right now.
Bands are for people who want to say they’re squatting 600lbs without actually squatting 600lbs. “Here’s 405lbs with 200lbs of band tension!”

I think powerlifters should get their own gym so that they can hug and worship each other with self deprecating, blatantly logical yet somewhat motivational, but not too motivational so to be lumped in with those hippie dippy faux influence types, holier than thou, "i was here when it wasn't cool!" attitudes, then chirp behind each others back. Yeah that kind of place...
Will there be atlas stones and a reverse hyper?

WTF is ego lifting?

Is that where you load up the bar and then move it an inch?

Back