Why are people excited for Fedor?

mma fans cant let go of the past, these are the fighters who were big when most fans got into mma 10 years ago.

Hard for fans to let them go and move on to new fighters like Jones, McGregor, Ronda etc.

This is really stupid shit you are posting. Fedor was an exciting fighter in a division that could really use more bodies. There are also a lot of "past" greats who are still doing really well AA, Werdum, Hunt, Country. Pretty much most of the division was fighting when Fedor was.

How can an mma fan NOT be excited when we get a new HW with a great record much less a Fedor.

If he comes to the UFC and doesnt do well,, there will be plenty of threads about "Prime Fedor" would have won..

Really dont want to see the excuse threads,, really want to see him keep him MMA record with just a few losses..

There's your problem, I don't judge fights like that especially when Hendo didn't do shit in the few minutes he had some control, then he got dropped and almost finished. Are you really telling me that if Hendo didn't get the reversal and the round ended with Fedor hitting him after dropping him that you would have Hendo winning that round?

You don't judge fights like that, but this was StrikeForce, and the judges do. His controlling Fedor while throwing knees, and winning the striking exchanges is winning the fight. Getting dropped but immediately recovering, defending, and finishing Fedor is proof that your style of judging makes zero sense.

As for who I would have given the round to, that depends. If Hendo got the reversal like he did, and just pounded Fedor for the last 54 seconds (that is how long he would have left from the time he reversed) without the KO, then I would absolutely give him the round.

You don't judge fights like that, but this was StrikeForce, and the judges do. His controlling Fedor while throwing knees, and winning the striking exchanges is winning the fight. Getting dropped but immediately recovering, defending, and finishing Fedor is proof that your style of judging makes zero sense.

As for who I would have given the round to, that depends. If Hendo got the reversal like he did, and just pounded Fedor for the last 54 seconds (that is how long he would have left from the time he reversed) without the KO, then I would absolutely give him the round.

I'm sorry but 2.5 minutes of practically nothing happening but a clinch is not greater than dropping your opponent and almost finishing him, if you think so then you are bad at judging fights. Just look at Jones vs Gus round 4, Gus was winning that round much more so then you think Hendo was winning against Fedor yet he ended up losing that round cause he got dropped and almost finished just like Hendo.

2.5 minutes of kind of sort of winning is not better than dropping and almost finishing your opponent, it just isn't.

As a Fedor fan I don't want to see him fight again. Yes, he could beat some guys at heavyweight. But they aren't going to have him fight "some guys." They're going to throw him in with the best and he's gonna get wrecked. I personally don't want to see that.

And if he drops two, Zuffa is just going to cut him. Like they did before. Him coming back does nothing for his legacy unless he won the belt, which I give next to no chance of happening.

Arlovski was thought to be done....hes back....hunt was thought to be done....he came back and did well..

Werdum...he was takin Ls back in the day, and people nevwr even thought about him....now hes HW champ.

So why cant the best HW of all times make a comeback?

I'm sorry but 2.5 minutes of practically nothing happening but a clinch is not greater than dropping your opponent and almost finishing him, if you think so then you are bad at judging fights. Just look at Jones vs Gus round 4, Gus was winning that round much more so then you think Hendo was winning against Fedor yet he ended up losing that round cause he got dropped and almost finished just like Hendo.

2.5 minutes of kind of sort of winning is not better than dropping and almost finishing your opponent, it just isn't.

Here is my issue with your logic. He dropped him, and flurried during which he only landed 1 solid shot because Dan hugged him so the rest where just sliding off. All of that took about 6 seconds. In the next 6 seconds, Dan used his wrestling to reverse, and then KO'd Fedor, which you somehow discredit as luck. Keep in mind that at no point when Dan was dropped did he even go limp or even stop fighting. You are confusing being dropped and almost being finished. You are obviously not a fighter. You are a fanboy.

This is huge for any Fedor fan, everyone should be excited

He got knocked out by Dan fuckin Henderson.

A lot of people get knocked out by Dan Henderson. Why is Hen do treated like some can instead of the most decorated fighter in mma history? I don't get it .

He rocked Fedor with a left before he ever got dropped. He then bounced right back up and KO'd him.

Why are we talking about judges?

He rocked Fedor with a left before he ever got dropped. He then bounced right back up and KO'd him.

Why are we talking about judges?

Exactly. He was winning the standup before it ever went to the ground. If you want Hendo go down, he never even stopped fighting. He immediately shot his right hand through the legs, got to his right hip, and stepped over with his left foot while clinching with his left arm to defend and take the back. There was no hesitation at all. He has never even close to being finished.

Here is my issue with your logic. He dropped him, and flurried during which he only landed 1 solid shot because Dan hugged him so the rest where just sliding off. All of that took about 6 seconds. In the next 6 seconds, Dan used his wrestling to reverse, and then KO'd Fedor, which you somehow discredit as luck. Keep in mind that at no point when Dan was dropped did he even go limp or even stop fighting. You are confusing being dropped and almost being finished. You are obviously not a fighter. You are a fanboy.

I don't know where you got this notion from, I never said it was luck, I think you're just out on a personal attack against me for some reason, otherwise I don't know why you are making stuff up. Very little happened in the first 2 or so minutes of that fight which is when you said Hendo was winning, I really didn't have either guy ahead by much till people started getting dropped. When Fedor dropped Hendo he was ahead.

No, getting dropped is almost getting finished, he fell to the floor and temporarily lost consciousness cause of his opponent, that's called a near finish in any combat sport involving strikes.

I don't get it.

I'm a Fedor fan but I have no desire to see him get smashed in the UFC.

I'm impressed with what he accomplished as an undersized HW but he should stay retired.

You mean the incredible UFC HW division where Arlovski and Mir are now contenders?

I believe in Fedor (I dont beleive training in Starry Oskol).

I don't know where you got this notion from, I never said it was luck, I think you're just out on a personal attack against me for some reason, otherwise I don't know why you are making stuff up. Very little happened in the first 2 or so minutes of that fight which is when you said Hendo was winning, I really didn't have either guy ahead by much till people started getting dropped. When Fedor dropped Hendo he was ahead.

No, getting dropped is almost getting finished, he fell to the floor and temporarily lost consciousness cause of his opponent, that's called a near finish in any combat sport involving strikes.

Temporarily lost consciousness? He didn't go limp anything like Fedor did. How do you know he lost consciousness?

Get smashed? 90% of UFC HW fighters run out of cardio past first round. The only ones he MIGHT get smashed against are champs or past champs, which really is no big deal. We all wanted to see how he would do against the best anyways. Plus maybe taking some time off and healing himself might have done a lot of good. And hopefully he has started weight training again and relying more on himself than God to achieve victories.

I don't think you have seen the fight recently. He never lost consciousness. He was well aware the whole time. Watch the slow motion after the fight when they interview Fedor.

You are right, you didn't say it was luck, what you said was "Dan was also getting his ass kicked before he miraculously came back and won the fight", which I guess for some odd reason I took to mean more or less the same thing.

I don't get it.

I'm a Fedor fan but I have no desire to see him get smashed in the UFC.

I'm impressed with what he accomplished as an undersized HW but he should stay retired.

you are not a Fedor fan. I dont think you are even an MMA fan :rolleyes:
what are you doing here?

He got knocked out by Dan fuckin Henderson.

He's a small HW with a glass chin these days.

He gets smashed by any top ten HW.

I'm a fan but real recognizes real.

oh I see you are also not smart :redface: nothing to see here, move on

Back