Why are people excited for Fedor?

TS is clearly not a Fedor fan. HW is complete crap and Fedor is the goat. What's not to get excited about.

I have to be honest. The guy is 38. I'm a huge fan. But I'm not excited to see his old ass trying to compete with a bunch of young, juiced up guys who are twice his size. If he were younger, sure.

I have to be honest. The guy is 38. I'm a huge fan. But I'm not excited to see his old ass trying to compete with a bunch of young, juiced up guys who are twice his size. If he were younger, sure.

Cain Velasquez
Junior Dos Santos
Stipe Miocic
Andrei Arlovski
Travis Browne
Ben Rothwell
Mark Hunt
Josh Barnett
Alistair Overeem
Frank Mir
Antonio Silva
Roy Nelson
Matt Mitrione
Stefan Struve
Alexey Oliynyk

Too many young, juiced up beasts!!!!!! Bah God!:rolleyes:

He got knocked out by Dan fuckin Henderson.

He's a small HW with a glass chin these days.

He gets smashed by any top ten HW.

I'm a fan but real recognizes real.

He didnt get knocked out Herb blind ass Dean was the ref. How many fights has Herb fucked up the man doesnt even deserve to be reffing fights.

early bs stoppage v Hendo

top 10 heavyweights are nothing special

633.gif

Whoooooooooooooooooooo that was a good one.
TY for the good laugh.

I get the excitement, always nice to see a legend return, although I do agree that he gets beat if he's given a legit fighter.

mma fans cant let go of the past, these are the fighters who were big when most fans got into mma 10 years ago.

Hard for fans to let them go and move on to new fighters like Jones, McGregor, Ronda etc.

Really, because I JUST watched the fight again, twice. Dan was winning the standup. Then Dan pinned him against the cage and was kneeing Fedor's legs, all the while holding double-unders so Fedor was off balance and there was a threat of the TD. Once the separated Fedor got Dan with a good shot and Dan went down. Dan was down for 6 seconds, but in that time he sat into Fedor to avoid further damage. At that point he escaped, had Fedor's back (no hooks, just a quick ride) and landed the punch that put Fedor away.

What you call "getting beaten up badly" lasted all of 6 seconds. Dan is much more durable than you think.

It is only laughable if you don't train or fight. When you train, you put yourself in bad situations so you learn to survive. It isn't like this is the first time Dan had to survive a quick flurry.

The fight was not very long, I don't see how you can say Hendo was winning the stand up when he got dropped and was being pummeled right before he got the reversal and landed the fight ending punch. Hendo was losing, props to him for surviving, getting the reversal and landing that bomb but you don't need to pretend like he was winning the fight before that.

The fight was not very long, I don't see how you can say Hendo was winning the stand up when he got dropped and was being pummeled right before he got the reversal and landed the fight ending punch. Hendo was losing, props to him for surviving, getting the reversal and landing that bomb but you don't need to pretend like he was winning the fight before that.

The fight was 4:12 long, which is plenty of time to determine that Hendo was winning despite having gotten dropped. Look at the numbers, and it easy to see that regardless of the 6 seconds of trouble, Hendo was winning. Keep in mind that these numbers don't even mention that Hendo had Fedor on his heals for the first 3 seconds, and then controlled him against the cage for the next 2:25. That put the fight at the 3 minute mark. The fight was mostly uneventful with Hendo throwing kicks while Fedor threw the occasional punch until Dan went down at exactly the 4 minute mark.

The fight was called over 12 seconds later.

So basically, Hendo was winning the first 3 minutes. Then there was one minutes of not much of anything. Then Fedor was winning 6 seconds, and then Hendo finished it in the last 6 seconds.

Fedor landed 16 of 36 (44%) total strikes and 7 of 25 significant strikes (28%)
Hendo landed 40 of 55 (72%) total strikes and 22 of 37 significant strikes (59%)

Hendo; that pillow fisted son of a bitch :icon_chee

the one time he was KO'd he got caught clean by a perfect punch on the chin he didn't see at all; so that makes him glass chinned. do you know anything about striking?

Yea, Dan Henderson.

One of the hardest punchers in the history of MMA.

Cain just his face smashed in by Werdum's mediocre striking.

I can't say that I'm worried about Fedor's stand up game. If anything, I'd be worried about him getting wrestlefucked as opposed to being KO'd.

I just don't see many heavyweights who think standing with Fedor is a good idea.

JDS is about the only HW with standup that concerns me.

Mark Hunt? Not worried.

Arlovski? Fedor already put him to sleep.

Cain? LOLOLOLOL

Werdum? Will get KO'd if he tries to outbox Fedor.

Starting a Fedor thread proves your excitement. Stop hating.

The fight was 4:12 long, which is plenty of time to determine that Hendo was winning despite having gotten dropped. Look at the numbers, and it easy to see that regardless of the 6 seconds of trouble, Hendo was winning. Keep in mind that these numbers don't even mention that Hendo had Fedor on his heals for the first 3 seconds, and then controlled him against the cage for the next 2:25. That put the fight at the 3 minute mark. The fight was mostly uneventful with Hendo throwing kicks while Fedor threw the occasional punch until Dan went down at exactly the 4 minute mark.

The fight was called over 12 seconds later.

So basically, Hendo was winning the first 3 minutes. Then there was one minutes of not much of anything. Then Fedor was winning 6 seconds, and then Hendo finished it in the last 6 seconds.

Fedor landed 16 of 36 (44%) total strikes and 7 of 25 significant strikes (28%)
Hendo landed 40 of 55 (72%) total strikes and 22 of 37 significant strikes (59%)

There's your problem, I don't judge fights like that especially when Hendo didn't do shit in the few minutes he had some control, then he got dropped and almost finished. Are you really telling me that if Hendo didn't get the reversal and the round ended with Fedor hitting him after dropping him that you would have Hendo winning that round?

Its all about speculation, toying with the ''what if''. What makes it all different now is that Werdum, Arlovski and Mur are showing that you can still have it in your late 30's. Jds and Cain were considered the two best hws by a landslide and look how bad they looked lately. Fedor's run in the ufc could be a massive failure, as anything can happen in life, but it also can be one of the best comebacks in the history of the sport.

Back