Why are people acting like Wilder-Fury 3 is a forgone conclusion? Crazy...

Who did Deontay hire as his replacement trainer?

People thinking it's a foregone conclusion makes Wilder even more dangerous

All the pressure is on Fury, not just to beat a guy he already dominated but to secure that 9 figure AJ contract.

If he loses, then he's potentially cost himself hundreds of millions of dollars.

It's tough to get excited about a pure "puncher's chance" match-up. I mean, it's the heavyweight division, everybody has a puncher's chance. But if that's literally all you've got, it's not like a whole lot of people are going to tune in, just to see that 1% chance possibly being realized.

The only question really is whether Fury has the discipline to repeat his previous performance. It's possible that he'll be slacking and Wilder will find more openings, unless his confidence is just completely shot.

We've seen it at times when a guy has a "peak performance", then they're forced to fight another rematch instantly, and suddenly struggle with a guy they just dominated. Because it's impossible to maintain that same level of focus and preparation against a guy you already beat. Historically, Jersey Joe Walcott won the HW belt against Charles in their 3rd fight with a one punch KO, after already losing two fights pretty convincingly.

Except Wilder isnt just 'a puncher'. He has the highest KO ratio in HW boxing history and these are brutal, lights out KO's including the Fury KO with exception of miraculous recovery.

He knocked down Fury twice so sharing that much ring time he can adapt and be more dangerous.
He would have surely learned something from the 2nd bout.
People are hyped for the Fury Joshua bout so they are pretending this isn't a strong chance but I would say this is still 70-30 Fury which is far from decided.

Their going to keep making this fight until Wilder manages to win.

Because a fat retired guy embarrassed the American "a-level athlete" and they can't except it.

The analogy is so fitting. For Everton and Wilder!

To be honest it felt a bit harsh on second thought. Arsenal might've been a better comparison but i just that Wilder wasn't polished enough to warrant it. Maybe it's because i'm 40,but-- Arsenal still equals "class" in my mind. The big London club, Bergkamp, Pires, Henry, etc

Wilder is nothing more than a slugger and needs a certain range to be effective. Fury figured him out at the end of the first fight. Really, both fights showed Fury is the better overall boxer.

fighting Wilder on the outside like Fury did in the first fight is the wrong strategy because then Wilder can get full extension on his best punch, the right straight to the jaw

Fury didn’t do that in the second fight and won’t do that in the 3rd, but of course Wilder still has a puncher’s chance.

To be honest it felt a bit harsh on second thought. Arsenal might've been a better comparison but i just that Wilder wasn't polished enough to warrant it. Maybe it's because i'm 40,but-- Arsenal still equals "class" in my mind. The big London club, Bergkamp, Pires, Henry, etc

That’s a better analogy. Everton are probably hundreds-1 to win the title, id give David price Better odds than that
Are you an arsenal fan?

As a Leeds fan I still shudder at the thought of Henry. Ripped us apart every time.

That’s a better analogy. Everton are probably hundreds-1 to win the title, id give David price Better odds than that
Are you an arsenal fan?

No. I'm a casual Spurs fan, a plastic fan as y'all would say (or might not as there hasn't been much glory in it lol). I got into them in the mid-90s back when the blond bomber Jurgen Klinsmann was there. It's been a disappointing year considering their coming off Champions League final and poised to finish outside of the top 4 this year. Hard luck injuries, Kane, key players in bad form, Alli, to name a few.There's still hope for Europa League though.

You'd give Price better odds against whom? Mike Tyson? ;)

The only question is does fury have a mental breakdown leading up to the fight other then that, Fury owns him. Fury getting up in the first fight had more of an effect on Wilder then Fury getting knocked down had on Fury. Then in the second fight Fury walked right to him and Ko'd him, something no one thought would happen. Wilder fights scared that its going to happen again or fights to angry and wants to prove something, both bad for Wilder

Except Wilder isnt just 'a puncher'. He has the highest KO ratio in HW boxing history

And the worst record of any HW champ. THere is a slight relationship there to find. For years it was comical how Wilder avoided legit opponents. Thats why his record is that special. I dont expect non boxing people to see this but in an MA forum this should be common knowledge.

No. I'm a casual Spurs fan, a plastic fan as y'all would say (or might not as there hasn't been much glory in it lol). I got into them in the mid-90s back when the blond bomber Jurgen Klinsmann was there. It's been a disappointing year considering their coming off Champions League final and poised to finish outside of the top 4 this year. Hard luck injuries, Kane, key players in bad form, Alli, to name a few.There's still hope for Europa League though.

Spurs and arsenal were my local teams growing up but my step dad used to take next see West Ham instead. I blame him for supporting a shit team and years of heartache.
As for klinsmann I just wanted to hate him just as I generally dislike spurs (they are far from popular amongst other London fans!). The moment he started mocking himself and diving for his goal celebration, he was impossible to dislike. Great player with a great sense of humour as well.

3a12987a9e13c2dd574ec2677133f988.jpg

Last edited:

Fellow spurs fan.

We've struggled for the last few years because the board were refusing to pay for big or even middling players. They say it's not related to the £1billion+ they spent on the new grounds but that's a lie. The amazing, brilliant but also fortuitous champions league run really papered over the cracks of an awful season and a half under Poch.

Also the players tired of Pochettino's tactics and relentlessly repetitive training structure. He was great at setting up, but if his plan didnt work initially all too often no tactical changes would be made until it was far too late in the game.

Add in the constant injury issues and not having a home stadium and it makes a recipe for going slightly backwards, and with Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield and United all having a good season we better pray for 5th place and City to be banned from Europe next year if we wanna play in the CL.

Interesting time to be a Spurs fan for sure.

I don't believe its confirmed he changed anyone.
It's all so weird. Wilder is a fucking weirdo.

Unless he instated Jesus Pugilist Christ as his trainer I don't give him much chance against Fury in the 3rd. Even if he learns technically how to counter being walked down, I don't think he has the acumen to actually do it. Or Fury comes in with a completely new strategy to freak him out even more. It's Fury's to lose imo.

And the worst record of any HW champ. THere is a slight relationship there to find. For years it was comical how Wilder avoided legit opponents. Thats why his record is that special. I dont expect non boxing people to see this but in an MA forum this should be common knowledge.
You can say whatever you want about his record but many fighters have fought worse competition and never sniffed Wilder’s KO’s. And most of todays HWs resumes are pretty similar.

Same people who love to claim Wilder is such a bum and can crusher are also calling Fury an ATG for beating him.

Back