Why are people acting like DC got destroyed/DC broke?

90% of the people on these forums have never competed athletically, so you got to take a grain salt with there opinions. I use the term opinion loosely, as more often than not it's thinly veiled hate directed towards warriors who are actually in the cage.

this. bunch of douchebag kids, this mma community is a piece of shit.

DC never broke down or gave up in the 3rd, he just stopped winning. It's because Jones is a great fighter, not because he gave up.

No one actually is stupid enough to think less of DC because he cried, right?

DC looked broken between the 4th and 5th rounds, like those takedowns Jones scored really messed with him. I was impressed when he came out swinging to start the fifth. I kinda thought he was just done at that point.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think any less of Cormier by saying he broke. And him crying has nothing to do with it either. Cormier broke in that Jones took away his will to win. Cormier stopped trying to win the belt and became more focused on not losing the wrestling match...
Yeah that last take down attempt was a waste of energy and time. Too much pride from DC

It was a good fight, DC fought well and keep coming forward. Jones is just really good.

I think he was gassed and took 4 off in order to save up energy for the 5th. In the 5th, I think he expended way too much energy just searching for the takedown (on the advice of his corner) instead of trying to strike more with Jon. What people seem to be forgetting is that Jones was also gassed for the duration of the 5th round and neither fighter generated much of anything in the way of offense in said round. Cormier didn't give up at any point, his gas tank ran low so he took the 4th off trying to conserve energy and he was too worried about pursuing takedowns in the 5th instead of hustling rounds. Had Cormier actually "broken", surely a fighter who hurts just about everyone and dominates in the 5th round in all of his fights wouldn't have been relegated to doing just about nothing in that 5th round other than wrestling to a stalemate.

The Judah and Ortiz comparison are rather forced, as well. He has just about nothing in common with either of them and Cormier/Jones has just about nothing in common with any of their fights.

I just used those fights as an example of people breaking. Since it seems like most people think that breaking and getting destroyed are one and the same. Cormier breaking was nothing like those examples (especially quitter Ortiz), but in my opinion he did break.

Trying to win a morale victory, which is what I believe he was doing, as oppose to winning the whole fight, is breaking. Cormier knew he needed a stoppage to win the match and instead went for a takedown.

after the 3rd i could tell dc was a bit gassed. that was when his performance started to falter.

Destroyed no but mentally broken, yeah is say so

Now DC will be in a career tailspin, he will win some fights but not 10 in a row, he will lose some and he will have lots of questions regarding his abilities and career

90% of the people on these forums have never competed athletically, so you got to take a grain salt with there opinions. I use the term opinion loosely, as more often than not it's thinly veiled hate directed towards warriors who are actually in the cage.

I'll agree with this.

DC didn't get destroyed, I do think he broke a little bit. Obviously body shots had a lot to do with him slowing down, but he became entirely focused on getting a takedown instead of pursing the finish despite his corner telling him that he needed to KO him in order to win. Honestly think he was looking for a small moral victory when he needed to be going all out for the KO

For a guy who said he would take Jones down at will and then struggled to barely get one takedown while eating 5 takedowns himself I'd say he was broken.

Where do you come up with 5?? Jones got 2 takedowns against the cage and 1 trip after he caught a kick.

Anyone who thinks he was broken is wrong. His worse round was 4 but he made the 5th close and pressured more and slammed Jones...he was pushing late for another taken down and trying to win the last round.

He got beat and lost the fight, that's it. That's the way I see it....and I wanted Jones to win more, I don't even like Cormier.

I just used those fights as an example of people breaking. Since it seems like most people think that breaking and getting destroyed are one and the same. Cormier breaking was nothing like those examples (especially quitter Ortiz), but in my opinion he did break.

Trying to win a morale victory, which is what I believe he was doing, as oppose to winning the whole fight, is breaking. Cormier knew he needed a stoppage to win the match and instead went for a takedown.

To be fair, his corner told him to take Jones down and finish him from what I recall. I think it was poor advice.

I dont know

I think there is way too much emphasis on these takedowns in quick succession that resulted in nothing. Making a big deal out of it because DC was never taken down before. Well Jones was never lifted up and thrown like that before either. No domination here, eeked more like.

don't you think he would have been finished by jones if he was broken?

To be fair, his corner told him to take Jones down and finish him from what I recall. I think it was poor advice.

It was God awful advice, for sure, But Cormier should have realized, based on how the previous 4 rounds went, that that strategy would get him nowhere. Yet even with 5 seconds left in the fight he was still wrapped around Jones's legs trying to win a wrestling match.

A lot of people in this section aren't really versed with the technical stuff, or really fully understand what they are watching (probably due to lack of actual training or experience). It is the same in other sports forums; you will have sections of fans like that who want to generalize an entire fight, match, series, etc. in much simpler terms than they were.

I take it you didn't see that broken little man sitting to the left of Dana at the post-fight presser?

there is no middle ground with sherdog... only the extremes

There is no middle ground in this one. Both fighters talked shit to each other and threatened violence on national television. The fans also made huge claims about how DC was going to establish himself as one of the greatest fighters of all time.

There is no middle ground. Bones made DC and all his supporters eat crow by beating DC where he was his strongest.

CF5o2j7.gif

oh yeah.....dc cried after

Threw him on his ass then pushed his head like a big brother would. Bones is on another level. DC went 15-0 and lost how many rounds in his career coming into this fight? Bones beat him at his own game, convincingly. DC crying is just the icing on this delicious cake.

Jones did what no other opponent of DC did. Jones defeated an undefeated Olympic wrestler. Jones took down an Olympic wrestler who's never been taken down before. Just admit it.

Back