Why are people acting like DC got destroyed/DC broke?

People like a narrative. In reality, it was a very close fight through 3 and Jones' stamina stood up a little better over the final two rounds where very little meaningful offense occurred from either fighter. Jones deserves a lot of credit for digging deep and being in better condition than Cormier, but it was a close fight that was edged by Jones' better stamina and not a whole lot more.

This right hurr.

5 rounds
One kick caught
2 takedowns
No knockdowns
No submission attempts
Judges decision no finish

GSP was right, don't blink. Like me you will miss all the breaking and destroying.

DC got broke down like your grandads old watch. His corner knew it, he knew it, Jon knew it. DC got into his own head let this hype train his own words and Sherdog nut hugging derail him. That adrenaline dump is bitch and you gotta dig deep on your own reserves, as the older man DC acted more like the upcoming kid, now crying because he got humbled like one.

He wasn't destroyed, but he did break. It is possible to be competitive and break... Hell it's possible to be winning the fight and break.

Victor Ortiz is a perfect example of a guy who breaks. He was winning the fights with Maidana and Callazo and pretty much gave up because he couldn't take anymore.

Mike Tyson was winning against McBride and asked his corner to stop the fight.

Zab Judah gave Mayweather fits in the first couple of rounds in their fight, but when he realized Floyd wasn't going anywhere he pretty much tried to start a brawl between the corners in order to stop the fight.

After the 4th round I genuinely believe that Cormier gave up on trying to win. He seemed only concerned with getting that one takedown so that Jones wouldn't have the satisfaction of shutting him down completely in the wrestling aspect of the fight.

Anyone who thinks less of DC or thinks he was broken because he cried, has never competed in anything. Losing really sucks. Especially in an individual sport where you can only blame yourself.

DC did break and it was evident after the fight. But you're right, people make it seem like he got dominated. 48-47 Jones, he was really tested again. Shame that DC gassed out after the third round.

He wasn't destroyed, but he did break. It is possible to be competitive and break... Hell it's possible to be winning the fight and break.

Victor Ortiz is a perfect example of a guy who breaks. He was winning the fights with Maidana and Callazo and pretty much gave up because he couldn't take anymore.

Zab Judah gave Mayweather fits in the first couple of rounds in their fight, but when he realized Floyd wasn't going anywhere he pretty much tried to start a brawl between the corners in order to stop the fight.

After the 4th round I genuinely believe that Cormier gave up on trying to win. He seemed only concerned with getting that one takedown so that Jones wouldn't have the satisfaction of shutting him down completely in the wrestling aspect of the fight.

He said in the post fight presser that he took the 4th round off. That's not breaking. Gassing, but not breaking.

People like a narrative. In reality, it was a very close fight through 3 and Jones' stamina stood up a little better over the final two rounds where very little meaningful offense occurred from either fighter. Jones deserves a lot of credit for digging deep and being in better condition than Cormier, but it was a close fight that was edged by Jones' better stamina and not a whole lot more.

For those looking for the correct answer, here it is one more time.

I don't see it either. I guess for most people a win just isn't enough. Jon broke Rashad. He destroyed Machida and Vitor. His last three fights he won, but nothing special.

This. The fight was actually really close the first 3 rounds. It was round 4 that Jones dominated and round 5 they just sort of hugged each other for 5 minutes. So Jones did dominate round 4 but it was from takedowns and control more than any real damage.

If I was Gus, seeing Cormier being able to run in and land those shots on Jones, I would be really looking forward to the rematch to use his reach.

He lost a title fight. GSP lost one to Hughes. Cain lost one to Junior. Robbie lost one to Hendricks.

He'll bounce back.

For a guy who said he would take Jones down at will and then struggled to barely get one takedown while eating 5 takedowns himself I'd say he was broken.

That's right, he finally has to stfu and so do all the Jones haters that ran their mouths around here for the last 2 weeks about how DC was going to crush the GOAT LHW. Incessant babbling about how Bones was going to get tossed if DC gets within 50 feet of him. Watching it unfold though, watching Bones put DC on his ass, repeatedly, it is one of the most satisfying wins I have had the pleasure of seeing in MMA and I've been watching for a long time.

Anyone who thinks less of DC or thinks he was broken because he cried, has never competed in anything. Losing really sucks. Especially in an individual sport where you can only blame yourself.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think any less of Cormier by saying he broke. And him crying has nothing to do with it either. Cormier broke in that Jones took away his will to win. Cormier stopped trying to win the belt and became more focused on not losing the wrestling match...

I think he was gassed and took 4 off in order to save up energy for the 5th. In the 5th, I think he expended way too much energy just searching for the takedown (on the advice of his corner) instead of trying to strike more with Jon. What people seem to be forgetting is that Jones was also gassed for the duration of the 5th round and neither fighter generated much of anything in the way of offense in said round. Cormier didn't give up at any point, his gas tank ran low so he took the 4th off trying to conserve energy and he was too worried about pursuing takedowns in the 5th instead of hustling rounds. Had Cormier actually "broken", surely a fighter who hurts just about everyone and dominates in the 5th round in all of his fights wouldn't have been relegated to doing just about nothing in that 5th round other than wrestling to a stalemate.

The Judah and Ortiz comparison are rather forced, as well. He has just about nothing in common with either of them and Cormier/Jones has just about nothing in common with any of their fights.

I don't think he broke. He clearly gassed and lost the fight, but I never saw him "break" in the fight.

This is sherdog dude...

DC looked great. The fact that he got that slam in the last minute says something about his will to win

No it doesn't, he indicates his fight intelligence was flawed. He needed a finish to win that fight and he wasted his time and energy with that take down instead of trying to punch Bones' lights out. His ego was bruised from Jones clinching up with him and taking him down 4 or 5 times.

DC never broke down or gave up in the 3rd, he just stopped winning. It's because Jones is a great fighter, not because he gave up.

No one actually is stupid enough to think less of DC because he cried, right?

This is precisely right....DC was still going hard towards the end and even slammed Jones in the 5th. He just ran out of gas and stopped fighting effectively. It happens....Jones was better.

DC wasn't really destroyed, but you are delusional if you don't think he was broken especially mentally.

Heh, he lost the biggest fight of his life 4 rounds to 1 while getting embarrassed in the wrestling dept. and then cried about it. Bones broke him down.

Back