Why are people acting like DC got destroyed/DC broke?

Rounds 1,2,3 and 5 were competitive. DC landed A LOT of punches on Jones. He didn't fight the gameplan, that I felt he should have. He abandoned his wrestling and rested with his back against the cage too much. I would have liked to seen Cain vs. JDS type of gameplan. Sure, Jones would have stuffed takedowns, but pressure pressure pressure. DC would back Jones up, and then just stop. I think he gassed in the 4th, and you cant take rounds off in a championship fight. DC is the man, valiant effort! I don't feel he was broken.. he lost a tough fight.

90% of the people on these forums have never competed athletically, so you got to take a grain salt with there opinions. I use the term opinion loosely, as more often than not it's thinly veiled hate directed towards warriors who are actually in the cage.

It's a shame that peoples hate for Jones makes them blind to how good he really is. DC put on a hell of an effort, Jones is just that damn good. People at least wanted Jones to have some superficial injuries so they can claim "robbery" like the Gus fight.

He got out worked by a younger, bigger, and most importantly, fitter man.

Sherdoggers like to make competitive decision wins out to be a 'brutalising domination'.

An olympic wrestler who got taken down multiple times by a junior college wrestler. He was walked and bullied up against the cage over and over again. He was a broken man.

He got out worked by a younger, bigger, and most importantly, fitter man.

Sherdoggers like to make competitive decision wins out to be a 'brutalising domination'.

This... Lombard/Burkman was more of a destruction than Jones/DC

there is no middle ground with sherdog... only the extremes

When neither happened? Jon Jones clearly won a close fight, I had it 3 rounds to 2 but could understand 4-1. DC said that he didn't care if Jon took him down, he'd just get back up, which he did. DC was gassed but was still throwing punches at the end of the fight, he never broke or stopped fighting.

DC gave Jones the hardest fight he's ever had besides Gus, and it's not no shame coming up short to the MMA Goat and p4p #1 who could beat any man in any division right now.

I had it 3-2 as well. I agree - let's not pretend it was a domination. It was a close fight. I would like to see a rematch in the future.

The break bones shirts seemed to have russled bones jimmies.... Not a good idea

DC should have gone into hiding after this. He's grieving far too openly, and people are recreating the fight in their heads as a result.

People are acting this way mainly because the much things DC said before the fight, it made it look worse than it was.

"Close fight"

Cmon man. It was not close. I honestly had it 4-1 for jones.

Because this is how it is on Sherdog. If you lose a fight, you got destroyed, or you've always been overrated or some other stupid bullshit. Trust me when I say this, all these motherfuckers riding Jones after his wins, when he finally loses, and he will because they all fucking lose, they will come out saying that he's been an overrated chump who lucked his way into however many fucking title defenses he has by then.

It's the nature of this website, either you're goat or you fucking suck and should find a new career.

'People' are the worst...all the talk back and forth aside, both guys went out and had a good fight, Jones is an absolute monster, there is no denying that (not that most could before hand).

However once anyone loses, Sherdog shits all over them...and acts like they were destroyed.

The key to being on this forum is not caring what the mutts think, because they all think the same thing like one big stupid brain of emotional connection to something they have nothing to do with.

'People' dont enjoy fights here, they enjoy someone winning and enjoy shit talking the guy who lost, how it happen, why it happen, and how good the fight was is pretty much all forgotten as soon as its over...then its just about who sucks and who doesnt. It's an elevated group.

CF5o2j7.gif

oh yeah.....dc cried after

Because only weaklings cry after going 5 hard rounds with Jon Jones as their third fight in the LHW division. Sherdog has looked into DC's performance and we are not impressed.

Back