Why are people acting like DC got destroyed/DC broke?

BigGucci

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When neither happened? Jon Jones clearly won a close fight, I had it 3 rounds to 2 but could understand 4-1. DC said that he didn't care if Jon took him down, he'd just get back up, which he did. DC was gassed but was still throwing punches at the end of the fight, he never broke or stopped fighting.

DC gave Jones the hardest fight he's ever had besides Gus, and it's not no shame coming up short to the MMA Goat and p4p #1 who could beat any man in any division right now.

dc broke down in the 3th. Gassed or gave up.

DC was talking about meeting his equal finally. Then he met one. And then he cried.

A lot.

DC never broke down or gave up in the 3rd, he just stopped winning. It's because Jones is a great fighter, not because he gave up.

No one actually is stupid enough to think less of DC because he cried, right?

he was crying- that's DC broken because of Jones

I don't see it either. I guess for most people a win just isn't enough. Jon broke Rashad. He destroyed Machida and Vitor. His last three fights he won, but nothing special.

He lost pretty decidedly.

Not "destroyed" though.

People like a narrative. In reality, it was a very close fight through 3 and Jones' stamina stood up a little better over the final two rounds where very little meaningful offense occurred from either fighter. Jones deserves a lot of credit for digging deep and being in better condition than Cormier, but it was a close fight that was edged by Jones' better stamina and not a whole lot more.

he was crying- that's DC broken because of Jones

No, that's DC being disappointed he lost. If he never got in the octagon again he'd be broken. Chris Leben was broken. DC was not.

DC never broke down or gave up in the 3rd, he just stopped winning. It's because Jones is a great fighter, not because he gave up.

No one actually is stupid enough to think less of DC because he cried, right?

Son, is that you?

DC definitely broke, but not destroyed. Jon beat him at his own game and that says a lot.

As DC himself pointed out, he doesnt have any fans. just Jones haters.

For a guy who said he would take Jones down at will and then struggled to barely get one takedown while eating 5 takedowns himself I'd say he was broken.

For a guy who said he would take Jones down at will and then struggled to barely get one takedown while eating 5 takedowns himself I'd say he was broken.

thats not what that means though

DC lost symbolically much more than he lost physically, you could see it in his eyes.

DC realized Jones was at a different level and he isn't at at point in his life where he can catch up.

Dc was in the fight until jones double legged him. After that he was clearly gassed but it's not like jones beat him up after that. Just really controlled him. Funny I thought jones actually did most his damage to dc in the first 3 rounds but had Cormier winning after 3.

This is sherdog dude...

DC looked great. The fact that he got that slam in the last minute says something about his will to win

First three round were close; DC was bringing it and won at least one, possibly two out of three.

Fourth round, he got chumped. He had moments, sure, but given his and Jon's respective backgrounds, the take-downs looked bad.

He didn't perform badly in the fifth. Jones wasn't dominant; the slam was cool. However, the tone of the bout had changed from "it's a dogfight; DC pouring on the pressure!" to "Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier desperate for the take-down; Jones constantly frustrating him!"

With better lateral movement and much better conditioning (DC could be carrying a lot less fat and a lot more lean mucle; the cut to 205 lbs with his current body composition is hurting him), I think he could take a W from Jones. He's shown that much.

But, as things stand, the loss was competitive but decisive, and he's getting further and further from his athletic prime with every passing month.

When neither happened? Jon Jones clearly won a close fight, I had it 3 rounds to 2 but could understand 4-1. DC said that he didn't care if Jon took him down, he'd just get back up, which he did. DC was gassed but was still throwing punches at the end of the fight, he never broke or stopped fighting.

DC gave Jones the hardest fight he's ever had besides Gus, and it's not no shame coming up short to the MMA Goat and p4p #1 who could beat any man in any division right now.
DC wasn't really destroyed, but you are delusional if you don't think he was broken especially mentally.

People like a narrative. In reality, it was a very close fight through 3 and Jones' stamina stood up a little better over the final two rounds where very little meaningful offense occurred from either fighter. Jones deserves a lot of credit for digging deep and being in better condition than Cormier, but it was a close fight that was edged by Jones' better stamina and not a whole lot more.

I mostly agree, however, I don't feel the body work Jones was doing to damage Cormier's gas tank is getting it's proper dues.

Jon made DC carry him in the clinch and repeatedly went to the body to sap him.

Back