Why are MMA fans so deluded these days?

Anon Von Ymous

Say something stupid and I will ridicule you
@Green
Reaction score
I remember when people (rightfully) mocked at the idea of James Toney thinking he could come across to the UFC and clean house but Randy, realistically admitted he'd likely get knocked out inside of one round if he took a boxing match with him.

Now everyone seems convinced that McGregor will KO Mayweather in a boxing match and that a "street" fight would be so one sided, despite the most of the fight videos you see involve someone just getting laid out. It's not helped by this myth of "90% of fights end up on the ground" either that was coined by one of the Gracies, surprise surprise.

It's bordering on Aikido level delusion.

AboveTheLaw-12-sg.gif

Aikido is legit you goof

I have no idea. Conor is a good Mixed Martial Artist, but there is no way, in any year, under any circumstances, does Conor McGregor beat Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. Conor wouldn't even get any clean shots off, Floyd would pick his body to little pieces, and Conor would end getting frustraded and break out a spinning heel kick or some shit. It wouldn't be close, or even fair tbh.

Hardly anyone thinks conor can KO floyd in boxing what the fook are you talking about

Hardly anyone thinks conor can KO floyd in boxing what the fook are you talking about
Believe me I'd love to think that as well, but going through this forum and having to listen to the sudden autistic tsunami of casuals that McGregor has brought with him has physically hurt my brain. Honestly you'd be surprised.

Even more think that "Conor would go to a decision with Mayweather but beat most top 10 boxers".
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Even more think that "Conor would go to a decision with Mayweather

I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility. Conor has a pretty solid chin and Mayweather isn't exactly a ko artist..

Definitely think Mayweather would put a one-sided beat down on Conor though..

I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility. Conor has a pretty solid chin and Mayweather isn't exactly a ko artist..

Definitely think Mayweather would put a one-sided beat down on Conor though..
Conor got dinged up and dazed by an out of shape Nate Diaz inside of 2 rounds on 2 separate occasions, and he looks like he's moving in slow motion compared to Mayweather.

I honestly don't see McGregor lasting more than 5 rounds with Mayweather, 7 tops.

Was with you until you started shitting on Aikido. Here is a video to educate you. Sensei Seagal is completely clowning a top 10 LHW Feijao here. Look at the speed of his striking. I had to slow it down to take it all in.

So do you believe every word nuthuggers and trolls said?

<mma4>

Conor got dinged up and dazed by an out of shape Nate Diaz inside of 2 rounds on 2 separate occasions, and he looks like he's moving in slow motion compared to Mayweather.

I honestly don't see McGregor lasting more than 5 rounds with Mayweather, 7 tops.
You could be right. We need a crystal ball..

Was with you until you started shitting on Aikido. Here is a video to educate you. Sensei Seagal is completely clowning a top 10 LHW Feijao here. Look at the speed of his striking. I had to slow it down to take it all in.

Damn, imagine that beast with a full camp

MMA fans are so delusional. WWE is totally real and is the most competitive sport for men and women

I remember when people (rightfully) mocked at the idea of James Toney thinking he could come across to the UFC and clean house but Randy, realistically admitted he'd likely get knocked out inside of one round if he took a boxing match with him.

Now everyone seems convinced that McGregor will KO Mayweather in a boxing match and that a "street" fight would be so one sided, despite the most of the fight videos you see involve someone just getting laid out. It's not helped by this myth of "90% of fights end up on the ground" either that was coined by one of the Gracies, surprise surprise.

AboveTheLaw-12-sg.gif

The consensus among the MMA community is that Conor would get mauled. Dunno what you are saying.

I want to see Usain Bolt vs Michael Phelps race in a pool with 1 foot of water.

Damn, imagine that beast with a full camp

Feijao actually beat Yoel Romero around that time. Seagal is a fountain of knowledge and a weapon of danger.

AboveTheLaw-12-sg.gif

Bas Rutten has said the first MMA fighter to realize you can use your entire arm to clothesline your opponent, is more effective than just punching will be the forever champ.

The consensus among the MMA community is that Conor would get mauled. Dunno what you are saying.
Okay I may have generalised a little but there is quite a large minority of "fans" who genuinely think he'd do well at the top level of boxing.

Most people knew Toney would do shit in MMA but the point is that everyone (MMA fans) at the time was pretty realistic in seeing that MMA fighters would lose at boxing as well - most of the boxing community simply didn't give a shit or just didn't like MMA.

All of a sudden there are these nut-hugging basement dwellers comparing McGregor (and even Rousey for a little while) to Mayweather and it's just ridiculous.

The other part I was talking about, is the even larger proportion who think that MMA is now the be-all and end-all of fighting, saying that MMA guys would hands down win every single street-fight on earth. When fact is, most genuine fights just end with someone getting socked in the mouth.

Back