Why are millenials/Gen Xers in favour of immigration, no borders?

Gen Xer checking in and I'm anti illegal immigration, anti globalism, anti far left, anti far right, anti BLM, anti Hillary, anti Ted Cruz, anti marijuana laws, anti taxes, anti welfare enabling, anti popular vote, anti banning gay marriage, anti gun laws, anti Micheal Moore, anti Sean Hannity, anti forcing me to buy a Prius, anti big government, anti raping women....

And I think baby boomers are the worst generation. In general, they are are extremely narcissistic and selfish.

Last edited:
It's the truth. My first two years I spent in a college with a large percentage of dumb and lazy people from my country. They were terrible to work with. However, the foreign students typically worked very hard. Once I transferred to university everyone works hard and is intelligent. If it wasn't for the foreign student money, the university would have looked more like the college with some motivated and a lot of unmotivated domestics...and the college probably wouldn't even exist. The facilities would be shit as well.

The truth is I grew up in a pretty white-washed community, as I got older I started realizes that lots of my friends parents were immigrants. Some from Turkey, Croatia, Serbia...etc. Their kids were so Canadianized I never imagined their parents were from other countries. Some of them come here and work their fucking asses off and break the standard. They wind up running their own company's and adding to the Canadian economy.

Like I said, I understand controlling immigration. You don't want it to happen so fast that those arriving don't adopt local norms and values. But my country is massive, there is room for many more. I know four guys who have Indian parents. I swear they are as white as any of us. They love sports, the gym and having a beer with friends.

That's why a lot of people in Canada don't view immigration as this terrible evil like you do in the United States. We also don't have a massive porous border in our south. If I was in the US I would want that thing locked down as well. It's ridiculous.

Wow that must mean every Canadian is dumb and lazy. Yes we need to replace them with immigrants as quickly as possible.

I don't think you realize what is happening around the world. We shouldn't have to be brainwashed into thinking that multiculturalism and "diversity" is good. Why be a pawn in this global scheme? You don't have to hate people to recognize global subversion.

Whats worse is that we let all these immigrants in that come to our country then bitch and moan about how our country sucks. Its like "WHY DID YOU COME HERE THEN!???"

I can't speak for all GenX'ers but I support the Democratic party of yesteryear, the one that understood that supply and demand of labor is driven by immigration policy both legal and illegal, and trade policy.

See you can blame the Dems some for illegal immigration. At the very least for supporting it with rhetoric, but what about our legal immigration problem, where the job creators, AKA chamber of commerce, AKA RNC, lobby for work visas for fields where their is labor demand, and wages should be rising, but instead flood the market with lets say programmers from India.

Bernie was a classic Democrat. He was on the record for many years saying immigration depresses wages. His tune only changed when forced to toe the party line, to run as a Democrat.

He still called open borders a Koch conspiracy. Something that probably blew the minds of his supporters.

I think it's terrible idea to settle newcomers en masse in one location. I also don't see the benefit of concentrating on one particular religious group. Once upon a time the focus of immigration policies was to bring in the best people possible. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore, and I don't support the emphasis on this muslims first policy that the article seems to suggest. Clash of cultures, and all that.

Besides, refugees are a different deal all together. Other than their obvious motivation of getting to a safe place, we don't know their long term goals. And in a strictly ROI sense they're a gamble. Yeah, yeah, bleading hearts, and all that. But I believe that charity begins at home.

Edit - or were you asking in the "royal we" sense? Lol

I see a lot of memes and youtube videos of young people complaining about baby boomers.

Bitter stuff like:

grid-cell-28965-1406902061-10.jpg

old-economy-steve2_0.jpg

I'm a Gen X'er... And these memes are spot fucking on.

I'm also a strong borders guy.

Just curious about the first meme with started 3 wars. By the age of those people they look like baby boomers. So Iraq, maybe Afghanistan, and?

people want to force texas to not use schoolbooks that teach creationism

you teach in the exception. you should see schools in california (where i live) and other heavy blue states

i dont think they have secret meetings but leftists will only hire leftists and consider anyone else to be unfit to teach children

True, it's probably different in Texas and other southern states. But, maybe it leans left because most academics lean left, and they're the ones who write the curriculum?

Wow that must mean every Canadian is dumb and lazy. Yes we need to replace them with immigrants as quickly as possible.

I don't think you realize what is happening around the world. We shouldn't have to be brainwashed into thinking that multiculturalism and "diversity" is good. Why be a pawn in this global scheme? You don't have to hate people to recognize global subversion.

I am 26 and I have been to 36 countries. I have lived with families in Asia and throughout South America. I worked hard in trades so I could make money and go overseas and have those experiences. I'm not going to hate on you for being opposed to immigration. But I wish you had the opportunities I had. You would see that people are more alike than different regardless of where you go in the world.

I even hung out with a group of Syrian refugees in Turkey as they awaited their smuggling boat. I listened to their stories. If you went through that experience you might start opening up to the idea of immigration.

I am 26 and I have been to 36 countries. I have lived with families in Asia and throughout South America. I worked hard in trades so I could make money and go overseas and have those experiences. I'm not going to hate on you for being opposed to immigration. But I wish you had the opportunities I had. You would see that people are more alike than different regardless of where you go in the world.

I even hung out with a group of Syrian refugees in Turkey as they awaited their smuggling boat. I listened to their stories. If you went through that experience you might start opening up to the idea of immigration.

No f**king way.

Osama Bin Laden was an Arsenal fan. I'm sure me and him could have talked for hours about a few subjects, sit back and watch the game together.

That doesn't mean I want millions of Islamic terrorists pouring into my country.

I've travelled and have a big dick, too. Doesn't mean I don't have a brain and can't see the dangers of mass migration.

It's not simple. You've completely ignored the changes the economy has undergone in the last fifty years, and you've also ignored the fact that immigrants help growth by increasing productivity. Sure, you can contest each of these claims, but the point is that you're original argument is both poorly informed and overly simplistic.

In general, I think the answer to your question is that millennials have grown up in a digital age that valued cosmopolitanism. There are other reasons, but this one strikes me as noteworthy.

I'm not talking about economic growth, I'm talking about peoples' livelihoods.

I'm sure mass migration does increase the profit margins of the top 1%. That doesn't mean it makes any of the lives of first time home buyers, students wanting a part time job any better.

you do realize that borders arent in place to keep strangers away? otherwise there would be 0 tourism in the world today (among other things)

I live between walls mostly to be safe from the weather conditions
I lock the doors because I live in one of the bigger cities (I didnt lock doors when I lived on the countryside) - I would proceed to lock my doors even if there were exactly 0 immigrants in the country I live in

well good luck with your attitude of distrusting everyone - that mentality will keep you alive for much longer.. /s

I will trust the people in my tribe. In the event of an apocolpyse, the last place you would find me would be helping people out at a mosque.

Judging an entire generation or 2 based on YT vids and internet memes. Thats some sound research there.

So, in general, millennials are resentful to baby boomers for having better wages, affordable housing and in general, millennials vote leftist "pro immigration" parties, despite the fact that more people = more expensive house prices and smaller salaries.

This is the contradiction I'm talking about.

I can post the facts/stats if you want?

Last edited:
I see a lot of memes and youtube videos of young people complaining about baby boomers.

Bitter stuff like:

grid-cell-28965-1406902061-10.jpg

old-economy-steve2_0.jpg

It's like, look, if the population of the country is smaller, you will have AFFORDABLE HOUSING and BIGGER WAGES ... Constantly having mass immigration into your countries and cities, pushes salaries down and house prices up. It's simple supply and demand.

Baby Boomers didn't have to compete with immigrants that would do their jobs for 10% of the salary. They didn't have to compete on the housing market by trying to buy houses with huge inflated prices due to more people. The more people you have come in from outside, the less resources you have for you. It's simple.

It's beggars belief why young people today, actively encourage mass migration and vote leftist parties. They long for the opporutinities of the baby boomers and yet vote against that ...

BTW, can we be honest about what this is?

This is a counter marketing ploy against the marketing ploy that calls millennials a bunch of losers who got trophies for losing.

The funny part is that I find more merit to the criticism of the baby boomers then that of millennials.

Not to say that getting trophies for losing is a good idea, but that babyboomers are the most entitled generation of Americans to ever live.

BTW, can we be honest about what this is?

This is a counter marketing ploy against the marketing ploy that calls millennials a bunch of losers who got trophies for losing.

The funny part is that I find more merit to the criticism of the baby boomers then that of millennials.

Not to say that getting trophies for losing is a good idea, but that babyboomers are the most entitled generation of Americans to ever live.

If millennials want the "baby boomer" lifestyle, then why are they so "pro-immigration"?

Less immigrants and less people = less competition for wages and houses.

If millennials want the "baby boomer" lifestyle, then why are they so "pro-immigration"?

Less immigrants and less people = less competition for wages and houses.

Its not millennials man. It is low info people of any political leaning.

I really think we all need to start working on a 'don't vote if you don't know shit' campaign.

I know way too many people that vote, and don't watch the news, or read a news paper. They were raised R or D, and they have been voting that way for X decades now.

Immigration has a net positive effect, economically and culturally.

Although I don't know of any liberals that are for "open borders," that's just a spin put on by the right. Liberals also believe there should be a process and people should enter legally, they just don't believe in wasting a ton of money to fix a minor problem, and they don't believe in destroying families that simply want to work hard make a better life for themselves.

So, in general, millennials are resentful to baby boomers for having better wages, affordable housing and in general, millennials vote leftist "pro immigration" parties, despite the fact that more people = more expensive house prices and smaller salaries.

This is the contradiction I'm talking about.

I can post the facts/stats if you want?
You seem to worry a lot about inconsequential shit.
Millennial s and gender neutral bathrooms seems to have gotten your vagina all sandy.
Try adressing real problems instead of childish shit no adult actually cares about.
In fact just stop crying and batching all the time, you will be much happier.

I'm not talking about economic growth, I'm talking about peoples' livelihoods.

I'm sure mass migration does increase the profit margins of the top 1%. That doesn't mean it makes any of the lives of first time home buyers, students wanting a part time job any better.

But it can and does. The labor, skilled and otherwise, that immigrants provide helps maintain the economy in general. If they disappear, the slump affects everyone.

Immigrants make money, spend money, start businesses, and provide jobs for non-immigrants. You will be able to find spots where they are a drain on the economy, but I think that saying immigration in itself hurts the economy is basically an impossible claim to make.

The topic was about young people, though.

Back