Why are men that pop for steroids in UFC still but cyborg...

stop being so naive.

Really? A manly fighter with all signs of steroid use who claims she will die if she loses 5 more pounds in 2 years. Meanwhile constantly calls out fighters in smaller divisions.

Now she's popped twice

For the exact same reason we can discuss WMMA, but the moment you make reference to a female fighting a male (even in jest) you wind up with a hundred pages of emasculated neckbeard hatred.

If nothing else Sherdog reinforces the notion that the majority of MMA fans are hyper insecure guys.

What is with the extreme vitriol towards Cyborg? People are saying her career is done. That the UFC should cut her.

What about the numerous men that have been popped? You don't see people screaming for Anderson Silva and overeem to be cut.

Why the double standard?

There is a double standard all right. On the other hand, how many of the men who have been popped are calling out smaller fighters and telling them to go up in weight to fight them? Doing PED's is bad enough, doing them and then demanding that smaller fighters go up in weight to fight you just makes it worse. I think it'd have been much less of an issue if she was fighting them at 135.

From my observation they don't like the way she looks. They think she is mannish, and they think that her comments on weight cutting are lies and that she could easily just lose muscle however, if you look at a lot of her body, she looks nearly skeletal when she goes to 140. People that make these comments are ignorant, since spot training is a lie. Just because she has biceps doesn't mean her internal organs wouldn't be damaged by cutting more. Muscle and internal organs are the last things to go when losing weight - her frame is huge, she has big bones.

Then there are the people that think she is a he, even though this would have been revealed in testing.

There is probably also still some stigma from beating the crap out of Gina.

I am a fan, personally.
Lol. You didn't mention steroids once in that long post.

Cyborg only failed the PED test once years ago. What she recently took is just a water pill to cut water weight.

Most people don't care about it, other than a few Rousey fans and UFC shills, who are paid to pretend to be fans to do their dirty work on the forum by trashing fighters and people the UFC don't like. I have followed this forums for years, way back in the early Strikeforce days, and these UFC shills are paid to trash the UFC's oppositions.
Lol. Yeah. Paid. To disagree with you. Haha.

Boo!

What is with the extreme vitriol towards Cyborg? People are saying her career is done. That the UFC should cut her.

What about the numerous men that have been popped? You don't see people screaming for Anderson Silva and overeem to be cut.

Why the double standard?

Just another example of the huge bias and double standards against Cyborg

Why the double standard?

She has a long history of cheating, refusing and failing to make weight, more cheating and beating up smaller fighters while calling smaller women cowards when they will not fight a bigger fighter known to cheat.

Go figure.

Is there some part of your brain injured ?

Check me if I'm wrong here, Sparky.

She popped before. Absolutely had roided. Yet she was in the UFC. So what the fuck are you talking about ?

Most people gave her the benefit of the doubt. She did the crime. She served her time. People gave her a second chance.

This would clearly be a second offence. And a breach of the trust that people gave her. Which part of that is above your understanding ?

You cheat once...Shame on you.
You cheat twice...Shame on me.

Add in the 6 lbs bikini. Once a cheater, always a cheater. You've already proven you're predisposed to lying, and cheating. Which is why alot of judges will treat a repeat offender tougher than a first bust, on a previously clean record. Some judges still fuck that shit up. But the public doesn't forget, or condone that shit.

You think Silva, Jones or any other male UFC fighter would be treated any differently if they were busted again ?

She will not, and could never expect to be forgiven. Don't be such an asshole.

Is there some part of your brain injured ?

Check me if I'm wrong here, Sparky.

She popped before. Absolutely had roided. Yet she was in the UFC. So what the fuck are you talking about ?

Most people gave her the benefit of the doubt. She did the crime. She served her time. People gave her a second chance.

This would clearly be a second offence. And a breach of the trust that people gave her. Which part of that is above your understanding ?

You cheat once...Shame on you.
You cheat twice...Shame on me.

Add in the 6 lbs bikini. Once a cheater, always a cheater. You've already proven you're predisposed to lying, and cheating. Which is why alot of judges will treat a repeat offender tougher than a first bust, on a previously clean record. Some judges still fuck that shit up. But the public doesn't forget, or condone that shit.

You think Silva, Jones or any other male UFC fighter would be treated any differently if they were busted again ?

She will not, and could never expect to be forgiven. Don't be such an asshole.

Chael P. Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, Josh Barnette. Ect.

Care to elaborate on this?

Everything I've always heard (Cyborg posts on the UG quite a bit) is that she is a very down to earth and cool person in real life.

Call outs to small fighters, drug cheating, lying, and tampering with scales equals a shitty person.

Chael P. Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, Josh Barnette. Ect.

All of whom have shit reputations.
This is sad. You need to come to terms with her being a mediocre fighter with no big wins who has resorted to cheating her whole career. You are only making yourself look dumb.

I wouldn't make it a gender issue, plenty of men get caught and get raked over the coals for it

Anderson, Jones, Romero, Machida, Lombard, Vitor haven't had anywhere near the hate I've seen for Cyborg in the last 24 hours.

Seems like you can just blame it on boner pill and all is forgiven.

Anderson, Jones, Romero, Machida, Lombard, Vitor haven't had anywhere near the hate I've seen for Cyborg in the last 24 hours.

Seems like you can just blame it on boner pill and all is forgiven.
How bout not crying victim and calling others scared when you're hiding behind steroids?

Back