Crime Why are mass shootings such a problem within the black community?

I really have no opinion since there are multiple different theories about it by people with a lot more knowledge than me. All I know is African Americans are putting up insane crime stats and the country needs to figure out a solution to resolve the problem
That's the thing, I didn't post theories, I posted direct cause and effect that has a major impact on what the thread is about. You have a lot of people in here just throwing out culture as the reason without actually looking at the similarities and differences of black and white cultures, or even acknowledging that black culture isn't some all encompassing monolith just like how white people aren't the same.

Violent subset culture that glorifies hooligan violent behaviors and appearing "hard" and what we locally refer to as "alpha".
Combined with relative poverty and horrible white people who ruin their lives by forcing them to make poor decisions, thusly holding them back as a race in fulfillment of the Grand Wizard's Plan

This thread is an absolute abomination from top to bottom.

Garbage.

I feel you. "White people"*** on the right too often talk about Democrats as "plantation" owners who get "black peoples'" support through the welfare state.

That is kind of insulting, inconsiderate, ridiculous, and prevents self reflection on why Republicans have (and do not wish to have) many things to help black culture, when in fact, they should because A. it is the right thing and B. the two cultures in the more Conservative side of things share much more than they know, such as faith and the importance of family.

Answer to *** - (I really dislike calling white, black, purple, or plaid people by colors, I would prefer some culture distinctions, to say at least black culture, white culture, ECT.)

Thank you for the last part. I hate that we seem to need to lump people into groups based on their skin tone. I hate hearing "white" person or "black" person.

Time to start judging the individual and not the group. Likewise, time to stop encouraging segregation and creating further animosity.

I really have no opinion since there are multiple different theories about it by people with a lot more knowledge than me. All I know is African Americans are putting up insane crime stats and the country needs to figure out a solution to resolve the problem
Like, a final solution? Or like an intermediate solution?

That's the thing, I didn't post theories, I posted direct cause and effect that has a major impact on what the thread is about. You have a lot of people in here just throwing out culture as the reason without actually looking at the similarities and differences of black and white cultures, or even acknowledging that black culture isn't some all encompassing monolith just like how white people aren't the same.
Stats are showing black crime is a problem worldwide though, even in places like London and Toronto. Why? And why were Asians able to maintain such a low crime rate throughout their history of poverty and racism? In the 1950's, Chinatown was the poorest part of San Francisco, had the worst housing, the most unemployment, so surely they must've had disproportionate crime stats?

Do we know for a fact "white flight" was due to racism, or the fact that the black crime rate was high even back then?

It's said black males have on AVERAGE higher testosterone and lower IQ than any other race, and in all societies, higher testosterone and lower IQ means more violent crime. Meanwhile, on average, Asians have the lowest testosterone and highest IQ while being the least likely race to commit crime.

There are so many more different points of view out there, not sure how the average person can be so confident about it.

Solve the mental health crisis for white ppl and you will solve the criminal crisis for blk folks. The problem is when people see problems as isolated points they can finger point at. A fear based response. Truth is to not get blinded by symptoms and to keep searching until the true cause is revealed.

Stats are showing black crime is a problem worldwide though, even in places like London and Toronto. Why? And why were Asians able to maintain such a low crime rate throughout their history of poverty and racism? In the 1950's, Chinatown was the poorest part of San Francisco, had the worst housing, the most unemployment, so surely they must've had disproportionate crime stats?

Do we know for a fact "white flight" was due to racism, or the fact that the black crime rate was high even back then?

It's said black males have on AVERAGE higher testosterone and lower IQ than any other race, and in all societies, higher testosterone and lower IQ means more violent crime. Meanwhile, on average, Asians have the lowest testosterone and highest IQ while being the least likely race to commit crime.

There are so many more different points of view out there, not sure how the average person can be so confident about it.
I disagree but at least you made an argument so I can respect that.

Why? Because their populations are much higher in African migrants. Africa is still dealing with the fallout of European colonialism as they invaded, realized they couldn't stay, took as many resoucres as they could, then abandoned these new states they created that had different races of people with different cultures, language, but a shared history of subjugation. It's the last place to really industrialize and there's geographical reasons for that as well as the political instability the Europeans seeded.

Another thing people don't consider with this whole race determining IQ thing is that a lot of African countries are hot as hell. This has an effect on the people because your brain goes in to survival mode and focuses on conserving and acquiring resources directly related to survival. The latitudes are just so low, the majority of farmland is in the higher latitudes and that allowed people to grow more food and specialize their time in to more productive things.

I mentioned other minorities having an advantage for a reason. They can build businesses that cater to their peers because of the shared unique language. Having a connection back in a home country opens up importing/exporting possibilities and an extra layer of support as well as a safety net for new business. Africans were limited in what they could do, not even being able to vote in their own interests until the 1960's. With no unique language, no base of wealth, no safety net, they had a slim to none chance of building a successful business that could compete with the established white business. It's also silly to compare Asian discrimination in the US to African Americans, though there was definitely discrimination for both groups so don't get me wrong.

I also explained that white flight wasn't purely driven by racism, it was a factor for a lot of people but it was more the racist practices in who could acquire loans in conjunction with which house they were allowed to buy. It's foolish to think the 1940's through the 1960's wasn't a time of widespread racism.

Solve the mental health crisis for white ppl and you will solve the criminal crisis for blk folks. The problem is when people see problems as isolated points they can finger point at. A fear based response. Truth is to not get blinded by symptoms and to keep searching until the true cause is revealed.
This is a good point and actually does relate to culture a bit more in terms of how it can be addressed. Black people are a lot less likely to seek help for mental illness due to a perceived weakness. They're not as prescription medicated and that's probably not necessarily good or bad but means it manifests in different ways. I believe a lot of these mass murderers are on prescription medicine and are way off in their heads due to the nature of the medicine the American healthcare system provides as a solution.

I should say that while the biggest issues African Americans face aren't soley due to culture, 400 years of slavery and disenfranchisement will affect the culture. It's going to leave some scars.

Back