Why are Hendricks fans so mad about him facing The Ellen Burger?

its the bigger fight because it will sell more PPVs (and because its also the far "easier" fight stylistically for GSP)...duhhhhhh...

I don't even know that it will sell that many more PPVs. GSP's fights consistently sell between 700K to 800K. 129 was bigger, but that was the huge Toronto card that also had Aldo/Hominick and Machida/Couture. So regardless of whether he's fighting Hendricks/Diaz/someone else, GSP will sell between 700K and 800K. It's not like a Hendricks fight would sell 250K while Diaz would sell 1M.

By who? A minority on sherdog the troll central? Last I checked 240 people thought Hendricks deserved it, on a forum with over 50000 visitors a day. No one cares for Hendricks getting it besides a vocal minority on Sherdog.

The only people who think Hendricks deserves a title shot are those who only watched his last fight and didn't even know Hendricks until then.

every single person to comment has stated Hendricks is the #1 contender but theyre accepting of Diaz getting the shot because its an intriguing fight...vocal minority, vocal majority, every single person is in agreement w/ this...

All what you said is BS. Diaz vs GSP is a much bigger fight than Hendricks vs GSP. Simply because there is bad blood between them.

71jf.jpg

Please go back wwe and never do sex without condom

I don't even know that it will sell that many more PPVs. GSP's fights consistently sell between 700K to 800K. 129 was bigger, but that was the huge Toronto card that also had Aldo/Hominick and Machida/Couture. So regardless of whether he's fighting Hendricks/Diaz/someone else, GSP will sell between 700K and 800K. It's not like a Hendricks fight would sell 250K while Diaz would sell 1M.

This. I keep seeing this assumption that Diaz, through his personal appeal alone, would make the buys explode, along with the feud aspect, and yet I've never really seen much to support the idea of Diaz the mega-draw with super-casual mass appeal like people keep insisting.

its true, GSP sells no matter what but guaranteed GSP v. Diaz alone sells better then GSP v. Hendricks...i cant imagine it not...of course well have to consider the undercards because they may influence PPV buys as well...

Hendricks has a very good shot to beat GSP...

Diaz doesnt have a chance

thats why GSP took this fight

Now you're just coming off as illogical. Hendricks has a chance to beat GSP somewhere in the same region as Diaz. You could make an argument for either Diaz or Hendricks having a slightly better chance than the other, but it's totally subjective which one you ultimately favour.

Most would probably agree that neither has a chance much greater than the 25%-30% region if they were trying to assess objectively. Saying one has a good chance and the other has zero is just dumb.

This. I keep seeing this assumption that Diaz, through his personal appeal alone, would make the buys explode, along with the feud aspect, and yet I've never really seen much to support the idea of Diaz the mega-draw with super-casual mass appeal like people keep insisting.

137 - Diaz vs. Penn sold 280K
143 - Diaz vs. Condit sold 400K

its not about Diaz being a mega draw himself...Sonnen isnt a mega draw on his own but the "feud" is what sells the event...theres much more of a "feud" and storyline behing GSP v. Diaz then there is v. Hendricks...GSP will do big numbers no matter what but i think on its own, GSP v. Diaz is def. the bigger PPV sell...if the UFC didnt think so, this fight wouldnt be happening...

every single person to comment has stated Hendricks is the #1 contender but theyre accepting of Diaz getting the shot because its an intriguing fight...vocal minority, vocal majority, every single person is in agreement w/ this...

Which shows how shertarded you are as that hasn't been the case at all.

Ellenberger will beat Hendricks then all the whining will stop.

But but but Hendricks deserved his pay day! Didn't you listen to his family? His extended cousins, wife and brothers and sisters all think Hendricks deserves to get beaten by gSP!!!?

Hendricks deserves the shot more, no question.

Diaz is the fight that most people want to see.

As for Hendricks taking on Burger , Kudos to Hendricks for taking a dangerous fight with so much on the line, he is stepping up and as a MMA fan I apreciate his guts.

Either way I see GSP doing what GSP does,

"Deserve" is a word that has little meaning in combat sports. You promote the best fight available. The one that has the greatest interest and will make the most money. You can appeal to legitimacy by talking about what each guy has done, but the core is people wanting to see what happens when two guys step in the octagon.

Like it or not, Nick is the most compelling match up available. Diaz vs. GSP gets more interest than Hendricks vs. GSP. And I say that as someone who doesn't like Nick or his team.

They are mad because there is a chance he could lose and fall way down the ladder regarding a Title Fight.

Diaz lost his last fight. He has no business fighting for the title. That being said, I'm excited to see GSP rag-doll him. 50-45 GSP all day. An no, I'm not Canadian.

Back