Why are Hendricks fans so mad about him facing The Ellen Burger?

Its like giving someone 1000 bucks coming out of jail, thats how I feel about Nick getting title match. At least have a fight before title match I dont care if its a gimmie or not. Edgar fought close matches just like Nick with Condit but follow the rules of UFC or who ever does the drug test. Plus Nick already had the chance to fight GSP before and we all know why that fight didnt happen. So why keep giving someone a chance after he screwed up twice in your company to a guy who work hard, follow the rules and does not bail out in press conference .

I think everyone and his dog knows Diaz is the #1 contender. Yes he'll get beaten by GSP but so will everyone else who is lining up. Diaz is still the biggest fight.

not because hendricks is fighting ellenberger.
it is bec diaz was chosen to be no. 1 contender rather than hendricks, who a lot feel is more deserving

I'm not much of a Hendricks fan, but he earned the shot. The UFC marketed the hell out of Hendricks vs. Kampmann as a no. 1 contender fight only to show it was all bullshit. I agree that if Hendricks can't beat Ellenberger he'd have no chance against GSP - but the same could be said for matching Diaz against Ellenberger or Koscheck while Hendricks gets the title shot he earned. The difference is that Hendricks isn't coming off a loss and a year-long layoff.

All that said, I'm going to watch the hell out of GSP vs. Diaz. So maybe I'm part of the problem.

I think everyone and his dog knows Diaz is the #1 contender. Yes he'll get beaten by GSP but so will everyone else who is lining up. Diaz is still the biggest fight.

everyone and his dog knows that Johny has done 10 times more to earn the title shot.

Diaz beat...Paul Daley lol and a washed up BJ

and then he loses and gets a shot

but oh ya hes the clear cut #1 contender bruh

Stupid really,Johny is the number one contender and deserves the shot, saying that he should be able to beat everyone below him is irrelevant, Diaz wouldn't beat everyone below him and I don't think Condit would have either.

When people earn a shot they should get it.

everyone and his dog knows that Johny has done 10 times more to earn the title shot.

Diaz beat...Paul Daley lol and a washed up BJ

and then he loses and gets a shot

but oh ya hes the clear cut #1 contender bruh

lol. So why does GSP think Diaz is the biggest fight? You think this guy is a moron? He knows what people want.

Either way, Hendricks or Diaz, isn't going to beat GSP. So who really gives a F*ck.

Hendricks has a very good shot to beat GSP...

Diaz doesnt have a chance

thats why GSP took this fight

Everyone and his dog = Diaz fans

lol. So why does GSP think Diaz is the biggest fight? You think this guy is a moron? He knows what people want.

Either way, Hendricks or Diaz, isn't going to beat GSP. So who really gives a F*ck.

The "biggest fight" isn't the same thing as the no. 1 contender. It's the WWE mindset that is giving Sonnen a shot at Jones. That's why I give a fuck - because stuff like this makes the sport look like a joke.

Again, though, I'm going to watch Diaz/GSP. And I'm planning on going to Jones/Sonnen live. I haven't seen anyone saying they don't want to see Diaz/GSP, just that from a legitimate sporting standpoint, Hendricks is getting dicked over. That's all. No more, no less.

It would be stupid if winning was a major factor. The sane reason being that GSP wouldn't have been able to reclaim his title immediately, BJ penn couldn't revenge the shocking decision, etc.

A decision loss where both fighters hardly touch each other mostly due to Condit is hardly a loss one should consider that important.

There is a HUGE difference between a champion losing his belt via a close decision or robbery - and a contender losing a number one contender match.

Diaz has never beaten a top five WW in his career. EVER. Hendricks has beaten three. In a row.

The "biggest fight" isn't the same thing as the no. 1 contender. It's the WWE mindset that is giving Sonnen a shot at Jones. That's why I give a fuck - because stuff like this makes the sport look like a joke.

Again, though, I'm going to watch Diaz/GSP. And I'm planning on going to Jones/Sonnen live. I haven't seen anyone saying they don't want to see Diaz/GSP, just that from a legitimate sporting standpoint, Hendricks is getting dicked over. That's all. No more, no less.

All what you said is BS. Diaz vs GSP is a much bigger fight than Hendricks vs GSP. Simply because there is bad blood between them.

GSP is going to dominate either Diaz or Hendricks, so the people complaining about Hendricks not getting a title shot I tend to believe are his family wanting him to make money.

absolutely nobody agrees w/ you...its not even a point of debate...its undeniable fact...there isnt a soul on the planet that thinks Diaz is the #1 contender including yourself...were just willing to accept the fight because its a fight we want to watch...nothing more then that...that was NEVER the arguement...theres no divided opinion on who the #1 contender is...100% of the people agree its Hendricks...the divide is over should a guy like Diaz get a title shot who lost his last fight, was suspended and "retired" get a title shot just because its a fight people want to see over a guy that actually eanred it by beating multiple top 10 contenders...some people dont care as long as they get to watch a fight theyre intrigued by...some people feel no matter what the #1 contender should always get the shot...thats the only issue here

absolutely nobody agrees w/ you...its not even a point of debate...its undeniable fact...there isnt a soul on the planet that thinks Diaz is the #1 contender including yourself...were just willing to accept the fight because its a fight we want to watch...nothing more then that...that was NEVER the arguement...theres no divided opinion on who the #1 contender is...100% of the people agree its Hendricks...the divide is over should a guy like Diaz get a title shot who lost his last fight, was suspended and "retired" get a title shot just because its a fight people want to see over a guy that actually eanred it by beating multiple top 10 contenders...some people dont care as long as they get to watch a fight theyre intrigued by...some people feel no matter what the #1 contender should always get the shot...thats the only issue here

Get lost troll, plenty of people agree with me.

I don't want Diaz/GSP. And it's not because Nick hasn't earned the shot (in my eyes - clearly from what GSP has said, Diaz is far and away the number one contender...). I just think that the fight will be five rounds of GSP taking down Diaz - passing to side control and inflicting damage. I don't think Diaz stands a chance. GSP UD.

All what you said is BS. Diaz vs GSP is a much bigger fight than Hendricks vs GSP. Simply because there is bad blood between them.

GSP is going to dominate either Diaz or Hendricks, so the people complaining about Hendricks not getting a title shot I tend to believe are his family wanting him to make money.

exactly...this is the ONLY reason this fight is happening...it was NEVER once an issue about being #1 contender...every single MMA fan in the galaxy unanimously agrees Hendricks is the true #1 contender but some of them are willing to set that aside in order to watch the "bigger" fight...UFC is a business so money talks and bullshit walks so Diaz gets the 1st crack...same reason Bones is fighting Sonnen...strictly about $$$...

There is a HUGE difference between a champion losing his belt via a close decision or robbery - and a contender losing a number one contender match.

Diaz has never beaten a top five WW in his career. EVER. Hendricks has beaten three. In a row.

GSP didn't even get an immediate rematch - he had to go through Koscheck and Hughes first.

Get lost troll, plenty of people agree with me.

your mom doesnt count...there isnt a soul on this planet that agreed with you...you dont even agree with you...youre just stirring the pot to get responses...like i said...im fine w/ GSP v. Diaz because its a fight ive wanted to see for a while now...still doesnt change the fact that Hendricks is unanimously considered the #1 contender by all...

How was any of what I said BS? I didn't even say that Diaz wasn't the "bigger" fight - I said that being the bigger fight and being the deserving fight aren't the same thing.

its the bigger fight because it will sell more PPVs (and because its also the far "easier" fight stylistically for GSP)...duhhhhhh...

your mom doesnt count...there isnt a soul on this planet that agreed with you...you dont even agree with you...youre just stirring the pot to get responses...like i said...im fine w/ GSP v. Diaz because its a fight ive wanted to see for a while now...still doesnt change the fact that Hendricks is unanimously considered the #1 contender by all...

By who? A minority on sherdog the troll central? Last I checked 240 people thought Hendricks deserved it, on a forum with over 50000 visitors a day. No one cares for Hendricks getting it besides a vocal minority on Sherdog.

The only people who think Hendricks deserves a title shot are those who only watched his last fight and didn't even know Hendricks until then.

Back