Why are Hendricks fans so mad about him facing The Ellen Burger?

They still landed. 50 more than Diaz landed. Thats significant by any measure.

It's a significant *VOLUME* but they were not significant strikes the majority of them. Fight metric is rather stupid when it comes to ranking significant strikes, especially considering this fight.

How they can think 95% of those leg jabs were significant is beyond me. As to why some people like you think they are significant, ignorance I'm guessing, and the fact you love Condit or hate Diaz.

Again this sad Diaz fan TruckHunter making this idiotic threads .
I support Ellenberger but he does not deserve to fight Hendricks now , Hendricks should have gotten the title shot , he has done a lot more than Nick to deserve it .
Nick lost to Condit whether you like it or not , so did Nate against Ben.
Get over it .

Again this sad Diaz fan TruckHunter making this idiotic threads .
I support Ellenberger but he does not deserve to fight Hendricks now , Hendricks should have gotten the title shot , he has done a lot more than Nick to deserve it .
Nick lost to Condit whether you like it or not , so did Nate against Ben.
Get over it .

Yeah because if Ellenberger beats him, which is likely, there goes Hendricks pay day the whole reason his fans want this fight. Pretty hilarious.

It's a significant *VOLUME* but they were not significant strikes the majority of them. Fight metric is rather stupid when it comes to ranking significant strikes, especially considering this fight.

How they can think 95% of those leg jabs were significant is beyond me. As to why some people like you think they are significant, ignorance I'm guessing, and the fact you love Condit or hate Diaz.

Volume>nothing. Hard shots or not they still landed. This is pointless, Im a fan of both guys but you are obviously blinded by your nuthuggery of Diaz. Let it go, he's getting his shot anyway so that fight doesnt really matter.

Diaz beats BJ Penn at WW, then loses to Condit. Pretty sure no one on this thread is a judge, so he did in fact lose that fight, doesn't much matter how, then he get suspended for breaking a rule (again, it doesn't matter whether or not you agree with the rule, he agreed to fight under said rule) now he gets a shot over a guy with 3 top 10 wins in a row, you Diaz fans sure can refuse to see logic. There is no way Diaz deserves a shot before Hendricks. That being said it will be fun to see him lose and see the Hype go away. Too bad a clear cut deserving challenger has to wait for the circus show to be over before he gets his shot.

Diaz beats BJ Penn at WW, then loses to Condit. Pretty sure no one on this thread is a judge, so he did in fact lose that fight, doesn't much matter how, then he get suspended for breaking a rule (again, it doesn't matter whether or not you agree with the rule, he agreed to fight under said rule) now he gets a shot over a guy with 3 top 10 wins in a row, you Diaz fans sure can refuse to see logic. There is no way Diaz deserves a shot before Hendricks. That being said it will be fun to see him lose and see the Hype go away. Too bad a clear cut deserving challenger has to wait for the circus show to be over before he gets his shot.

Yeah you take away all of Diaz's wins in strikeforce and then compare him to Hendricks who many say lost to Koschecks in his _SECOND LAST_ fight.

I'd be willing to overcome the fact Hendricks lost to Koschecks if the same people got over the fact the Condit "win" meant anything. If you factor in that then Diaz still deserves the shot more due to his standing in MMA and win streak.

Yeah you take away all of Diaz's wins in strikeforce and then compare him to Hendricks who many say lost to Koschecks in his _SECOND LAST_ fight.

I'd be willing to overcome the fact Hendricks lost to Koschecks if the same people got over the fact the Condit "win" meant anything. If you factor in that then Diaz still deserves the shot more due to his standing in MMA and win streak.

Hendricks wins over Fitch and Kampmann mean more than Diaz's wins in strikeforce.

Hendricks wins over Fitch and Kampmann mean more than Diaz's wins in strikeforce.

I don't really count the Fitch fight knowing now he was injured going into it. Against Kampmann he looked impressive though and certainly shut him up real quick.

I like Hendricks but at this stage he has nothing for GSP, nothing. Even his big power is nothing for GSP who has faced it before and dominated. I wish Hendricks would get a bit more training and have a few more fights before attempting the impossible.

I even think Diaz has nothing for GSP, but in the lineup Diaz is certainly ahead of Hendricks. I think Diaz would beat Hendricks. There is pretty much no one at WW I can see beating GSP at this stage. I think GSP knows this and is going to move up to fight Anderson after beating Diaz.

I dont get why people bitch about Nick situation, but then forget about Edgar that is going to fight Aldo after 2 defeats...

that sherdog.

I dont get why people bitch about Nick situation, but then forget about Edgar that is going to fight Aldo after 2 defeats...

that sherdog.

For me its mostly because Nick coming off a suspension unlike Edgar who fought two championship fights.

UFC 143 the night both fighters "earned" a shot at GSP

and who are these ppl that think Johny needs to do more to secure a title shot?

All the reasons being thrown out here and elsewhere continually feel like after-the-fact justifications both inflating Diaz and deflating Hendrick with double standards.

Hendricks needs to truly clear out the division before he can be considered worth...But Diaz racking up wins in Strikeforce and a long faded BJ? That's the world's greatest resume, no need for UFC win streaks!

Hendricks had a close fight some people thought he didn't deserve to win, so lets throw it out completely or lift it as proof that he's not deserving at all...But Nick had a close fight that people thought he win even though he didn't, lets laud him and praise him like this 'win' means everything!

Hendricks shouldn't care about fighting another guy on his way to the title, because if he was REALLY deserving, he'd win anyways, and if he didn't, he's a proven loser...But Diaz needs this fight NOW, because he deserves it and god forbid he loses his shot again by actually losing to someone else in the interim.

For me its mostly because Nick coming off a suspension unlike Edgar who fought two championship fights.

so whats worse? you have Nick that lost a close decision ( not going to talk about it ) and got suspended because he smoked some epic PED weed joints, and then you have edgar that lost his belt, got an immediately rematch and lost it again ( close i know ).

We all know that UFC only thinks about superfights and money making cards, but i dont get why people are so butthurt with this situation they must be living the hater life.

I personally don't care because Hendricks will look like gsp vs kos 3.0 and Diaz will get dominated by GSP as well. Seriously the only chance Hendricks has is to Matt Serra GSP. Scratch both and do the super fight.

that sherdog.

People did bitch about it before, and lets not forget, Edgar was actually a replacement for Koch who got injured. It's still a stupid thing, but not a comparable situation.

People did bitch about it before, and lets not forget, Edgar was actually a replacement for Koch who got injured. It's still a stupid thing, but not a comparable situation.

Ill even bet you that Dana would replace Koch with Edgar even if koch was healthy

in a heartbeat

I personally don't care because Hendricks will look like gsp vs kos 3.0 and Diaz will get dominated by GSP as well. Seriously the only chance Hendricks has is to Matt Serra GSP. Scratch both and do the super fight.

Both fights WILL probably be GSP domination, like usual, and I'll admit that first up. I'm not sure Hendricks can break through against GSP...doesn't change the fact that he deserves his shot first up.

I believe Diaz won the condit fight too, but it's irrelevant if others thought he lost it. The reason why it's irrelevant is that it was a decision anyhow where both fighters left without much damage.

Regardless of Diaz though, many people think Hendricks lost the fight to Koschecks and at the very least showed everyone in the world that if he can't decisively beat Koschecks what hope does he have to beat GSP?

You know how stupid that last statement sounds? Diaz loss to Condit, even if you think it should have gone the other way it doesnt change it. So diaz couldnt even beat condit so what hopes does he have to beat gsp? See I could do same thing. You act like youre unbiased but youre clearly now

Yep. The "outrage" showed by a minority on sherdog is quite ironic.

so whats worse? you have Nick that lost a close decision ( not going to talk about it ) and got suspended because he smoked some epic PED weed joints, and then you have edgar that lost his belt, got an immediately rematch and lost it again ( close i know ).

We all know that UFC only thinks about superfights and money making cards, but i dont get why people are so butthurt with this situation they must be living the hater life.

Its like giving someone 1000 bucks coming out of jail, thats how I feel about Nick getting title match. At least have a fight before title match I dont care if its a gimmie or not. Edgar fought close matches just like Nick with Condit but follow the rules of UFC or who ever does the drug test. Plus Nick already had the chance to fight GSP before and we all know why that fight didnt happen. So why keep giving someone a chance after he screwed up twice in your company to a guy who work hard, follow the rules and does not bail out in press conference .

Back