Why are Golden State Warriors sucking so much this season

That sounds plausible. 3 point shooting and no defence really can't carry a team. If it did the Knicks would have won titles with Carmelo Anthony.
Lol at comparing Melos 3pt shooting to Stephs

lol Doncic, Morant, Trae Young, and potentially Zion are franchise level potential guys in the last 2 years alone.
Talented is always emerging don't be daft
Could also end up with bums like Bozo Ball, Fultz, Ayton, Wiggins etc. It's a total crap shoot. But I guess it's the best option since Corey will never be the best player on a championship team.

Could also end up with bums like Bozo Ball, Fultz, Ayton, Wiggins etc. It's a total crap shoot. But I guess it's the best option since Corey will never be the best player on a championship team.
lol what? All of those people are still coveted players in the league who would command a midlevel exception at worst. It's a far better crapshoot in the lottery than not.

What are yall huffing?

lol @ coveted. They are rotation pieces but that's not what you want from tanking.

Why do you hate the Warriors and Curry btw? They did everything right as far as home grown talent (with the exception of the years Durant was there) plus their style of basketball is incredibly entertaining! Would you rather watch James Harden dribble the ball into the floor until there are 5 seconds left in the shot clock and then go run in and flop and go to the free throw line?

I don't like Curry because he isn't worthy of MVP awards. Literally all he can do is shoot. Most Valuable Player should be someone who contributes on all fronts of the team not just scoring. Has Curry ever blocked anything, the guy has to be one of the least athletic point guards to ever play and people jerk him off like he's the 2nd coming of Jesus.

The Warriors I just don't like because of their bandwagon fans. Similar to the way I liked the Lakers but don't like them as much now that everyone is sporting a 23 James jersey. I guess it's more I hate the bandwagoner fans more than the actual team.

I don't like Curry because he isn't worthy of MVP awards. Literally all he can do is shoot. Most Valuable Player should be someone who contributes on all fronts of the team not just scoring. Has Curry ever blocked anything, the guy has to be one of the least athletic point guards to ever play and people jerk him off like he's the 2nd coming of Jesus.

The Warriors I just don't like because of their bandwagon fans. Similar to the way I liked the Lakers but don't like them as much now that everyone is sporting a 23 James jersey. I guess it's more I hate the bandwagoner fans more than the actual team.

I get hating bandwagon fans. I actually live in the Bay Area and you'd be shocked how many SF Giants fans came out of the woodwork between 2010 and 2014 when they won 3 titles. Now you can hardly find any of them around.....they all jumped to the Warriors and now the 49ers..heh.

I would have to disagree about Curry being worthy of MVP awards. He makes the entire team different. Teams have to guard him as soon as he crosses half court b/c his range and quick shot are insane! His 3 point percentage given the number of 3 pointers he takes is nuts. Shooting a career 43% from 3, which is like shooting 60+% from 2 point land. Plus 50% from the field and 90% from the FT line.

Ya, his defense is lacking b/c he's pretty small but the tradeoff is worth it. He (and the Warriors) changed the NBA. Granted he does need help with screens and on the D side which is why Klay is a perfect compliment to Steph.

Compare that to someone like Harden who is a career 36% shooter from 3 and
equally as awful on D. Yet everyone goes crazy over Hardin.

Right now he's top 10 easily in the league depending on your team needs and preferences. I'd take Giannis, Luka, healthy KD, AD, LeBron over Steph. That's about it. I can't stand Harden or Westbrook as they are stat mongers who don't help their team. I have a hard time putting Leonard over those guys I mentioned b/c he only plays like 60 games a year.....though I would put Leonard top 5 during playoffs.

I get hating bandwagon fans. I actually live in the Bay Area and you'd be shocked how many SF Giants fans came out of the woodwork between 2010 and 2014 when they won 3 titles. Now you can hardly find any of them around.....they all jumped to the Warriors and now the 49ers..heh.

I would have to disagree about Curry being worthy of MVP awards. He makes the entire team different. Teams have to guard him as soon as he crosses half court b/c his range and quick shot are insane! His 3 point percentage given the number of 3 pointers he takes is nuts. Shooting a career 43% from 3, which is like shooting 60+% from 2 point land. Plus 50% from the field and 90% from the FT line.

Ya, his defense is lacking b/c he's pretty small but the tradeoff is worth it. He (and the Warriors) changed the NBA. Granted he does need help with screens and on the D side which is why Klay is a perfect compliment to Steph.

Compare that to someone like Harden who is a career 36% shooter from 3 and
equally as awful on D. Yet everyone goes crazy over Hardin.

Right now he's top 10 easily in the league depending on your team needs and preferences. I'd take Giannis, Luka, healthy KD, AD, LeBron over Steph. That's about it. I can't stand Harden or Westbrook as they are stat mongers who don't help their team. I have a hard time putting Leonard over those guys I mentioned b/c he only plays like 60 games a year.....though I would put Leonard top 5 during playoffs.

I'm not a big fan of Harden either, I don't really like that many NBA players. I don't have a team (Well the Knicks but we don't talk about them) I only really follow Derrick Rose and play the 2K games, I watch the finals regardless of the teams in them though.

I was a fan of Jimmy Butler and Demarcus Cousins but lately they're just coming off as completely insane.

As for the Golden State fans coming out of the woodwork and then vanishing just as quick I know exactly what you mean, my cities professional Rugby team the Queensland Reds suck. They have always sucked. They had 3 good season and won the final in 2011. I had never seen so many fans, two seasons later they were shit again and back to 11,000 people showing up to games. between 2006 and 2013 I only missed two of their home games, so I saw the smallest crowds and I saw the biggest crowds.

Curry realized he cannot carry this team without Klay after getting blown out multiple consecutive games. So he faked an injury just after the season begins. Draymond won't do sht without all-stars around him.

Curry realized he cannot carry this team without Klay after getting blown out multiple consecutive games. So he faked an injury just after the season begins. Draymond won't do sht without all-stars around him.
To be fair in basketball is almost impossible to carry a team singlehanded.

remember those horrendous teams that LeRoid kept losing in the playoffs or Finals with?

To be fair in basketball is almost impossible to carry a team singlehanded.

remember those horrendous teams that LeRoid kept losing in the playoffs or Finals with?
Why does LeBron have to be in the conversation? lol

since you mentioned him, at least he was able to carry a team of scrubs to the Finals. Curry had Draymond and DLo and still kept on getting blownout game after game, so he quit and faked an injury.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Warios package their pick with Dlo to get someone

Why does LeBron have to be in the conversation? lol

since you mentioned him, at least he was able to carry a team of scrubs to the Finals. Curry had Draymond and DLo and still kept on getting blownout game after game, so he quit and faked an injury.
I don’t like the guy but it was the only real exception I could think of, at least recently, or a guy dragging a team with him

Lol at this. Curry literally changed the game forever. Had the most efficient offensive season of all time and was the first and only unanimous MVP. But, what do people that spend their days following basketball know.

Lol at this. Curry literally changed the game forever. Had the most efficient offensive season of all time and was the first and only unanimous MVP. But, what do people that spend their days following basketball know.

Changed the game forever? lmao he simply showed that shooting 3pts gets you more points than shooting 2pts (Durrrr). He managed to get a coach who would allow him to take 100000 3pt shots a game instead of the traditional go into the paint and fight for a 2pt layup or pull up shot. If anyone changed the game forever it was his coach who was ready to step away from the traditional offence and allow 3pt shooters open rein to take as many shots as they wanted.

You give Curry too much credit for that. Sure he is a great 3pt shooter most definitely the best in history but at any other team he likely would have been a late in the shot clock can't get into the paint option. (If he was on the game day squad because his handles and his mobility are trash, he offers sweet fuck all inside the arc). Coaches make game plans and he was fortunate to have a coach who let him loose on the outside.

Changed the game forever? lmao he simply showed that shooting 3pts gets you more points than shooting 2pts (Durrrr). He managed to get a coach who would allow him to take 100000 3pt shots a game instead of the traditional go into the paint and fight for a 2pt layup or pull up shot. If anyone changed the game forever it was his coach who was ready to step away from the traditional offence and allow 3pt shooters open rein to take as many shots as they wanted.

You give Curry too much credit for that. Sure he is a great 3pt shooter most definitely the best in history but at any other team he likely would have been a late in the shot clock can't get into the paint option. (If he was on the game day squad because his handles and his mobility are trash, he offers sweet fuck all inside the arc). Coaches make game plans and he was fortunate to have a coach who let him loose on the outside.
Lol

Laugh all you want, Curry started dropping 3's like it was going out of style when Mark Jackson came on board, he created the Splash brothers. Steve Kerr just took what he built and built on it, supplementing the team with players who could pick up the slack that Steph created by being dogshit at everything but 3pt shooting.

Before Mark Jackson Curry played a reserved traditional style PG, passing and only taking the 3 if the no other safer shots were available, now 3pt shooting is considered the first option and post players collect the misses.
I'll take a guess and say you're either a GSW Fanboy or you are a Spurs fan who doesn't have Tony Parker and Tim Duncan to fanboy over so you moved to Curry.

So...one coach had a group a youngsters, the other had them in their prime?...

Michael Jordan must have been shit as well, since it took a great coach to make him a winner?

You have the baskeball knowledge of a young Skip Bayless.

giphy.gif

So...one coach had a group a youngsters, the other had them in their prime?...

Michael Jordan must have been shit as well, since it took a great coach to make him a winner?

You have the baskeball knowledge of a young Skip Bayless.

I'll admit I could be completely wrong and I'm open to being educated. I'm just saying my take on it.
If you wanna present the facts I'm all for it. I'm more than open to my perspective being changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back