Why are Golden State Warriors sucking so much this season

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Woldog, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

Let me start off. I hate GSW, I HATE Steph Curry and I hate Klay Thompson and his costume store goatee. But I don't understand why are they so shit this year? What's changed? Are they tanking without realizing Zion has been drafted already?

As for who I support. I don't have a team. I go where Derrick Rose goes.

2. Grave Saver ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

3. Mo Pete MCGA

Is this a serious question?

They're tanking..pretending Steph had a season ending injury. Giving Draymond q month off. They were Feilding Rustle with a g League roster for a good portion of the season. They're smart, in that they're fast tracking a rebuild, with a solid tank. Stephanie and Klay still have a few years of being productive left. The time frame works perfectly.

4. Mo Pete MCGA

Yeah, Zion is looking like a real take changer. Homebody can't even walk properly.

5. Grave Saver ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

6. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

Tanking for what? AND what are they trying to rebuild? Who have they lost? They've still got their main 3 Curry, Thompson and Green. Are you trying to tell me Kevin Durant carried them all this time...

The current draft class doesn't look all that impressive. Why lose money on Jersey sales (From bandwagon fans) by tanking?

7. Mo Pete MCGA

Curry and Klay haven't played and Daymond has played less than half the games. I'm very confused by your thread

8. Grave Saver ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

[​IMG]
    sounds serious

9. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

Let's see...

No Durant, no Thompson, no Curry.

This isn't rocket science.

10. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

I wasn't even aware Curry and Klay were even out. But I don't follow GSW at all. I just saw their W/L record today and was very confused.

Why are Klay and Curry out?

11. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

The Raptors killed Klay in the Finals(out all year with torn knee), and Curry broke his hand early in the season.

12. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

Ah that's fair enough then. I couldn't understand how they could go from being so dominant to being near useless in a matter of months. I suppose if they tank well enough though they will get a top 3 draft pick so that's a bonus for them maybe scout someone to fill the whole that Durant left.

13. Revolver you sound poor

Steph cant carry the team so he faked an injury in hopes that they get a good draft pick.

14. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

That sounds plausible. 3 point shooting and no defence really can't carry a team. If it did the Knicks would have won titles with Carmelo Anthony.

15. brackis1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

for what?
    The right to take whoever emerges as a top prospect from the thousands of elite young players out their growing into their games.

16. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

Honestly thought what's the point? how many top 10 draft pics have become franchise players or been worth a damn in the last 10 years?

I get that drafting is the chance to get the next Jordan or Lebron or Rose but lately it seems the best chance to get the next flop you trade off for a 33 year old point guard with dicky ankles.

17. brackis1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

lol Doncic, Morant, Trae Young, and potentially Zion are franchise level potential guys in the last 2 years alone.
    Talented is always emerging don't be daft

18. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

Yeah how many of the guys that showed potential actually grew into that potential? right now Only Luka and Ja Morant are looking like they might live up to their potential. Zion seems like a flop at this stage and I'll be very interested to see if Ja Morant can continue his form into next season, right now Morant has future MVP written all over him. Luka is killing it as well. Trae Young doesn't really seem like he'll be the next big thing.

19. brackis1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

lol what? You're twisted bud.
    All 4 have the potential to be on huge banners of themselves outside their respective stadiums in a way that other draft picks who weren't in the lotto definitely lack. And all 4 were lotto picks who had that type of hype coming in to anyone who follows basketball outside the NBA.
    Teams who landed them got them because they wanted to be in the lotto and set themselves up for it.

20. TheNinja Gold Belt

Your original question has been answer....Durant left, Klay out for the year, Draymond been hurt a lot, Steph pretty much out all year (only played 4 games).

Why do you hate the Warriors and Curry btw? They did everything right as far as home grown talent (with the exception of the years Durant was there) plus their style of basketball is incredibly entertaining! Would you rather watch James Harden dribble the ball into the floor until there are 5 seconds left in the shot clock and then go run in and flop and go to the free throw line?