Why are fighters with bad personalities most popular lately?

Because 90% of Sherdog are shitty fans, and gravitate toward pos fighters. Personally i hate every one of you motherfuckers, and pretty much every fighter on the roster. And before you ask why i watch MMA, i watch it to see fighters lose and fans cry.

Douchebag immature, uneducated children for fans. Easily impressed by shit talk, and disrespect. Too afraid, and stupid to think for themselves. Easily swayed by mob rule. Assholes being assholes.

Beta losers to the core.

down.gif~c200

KING OF THE TRIGGERED PEOPLE

giphy.gif

Because Mayweather and Tyson set records. Frazier needed Ali. Holyfield needed Tyson. Everybody needed Mayweather.

Douchebag immature, uneducated children for fans. Easily impressed by shit talk, and disrespect. Too afraid, and stupid to think for themselves. Easily swayed by mob rule. Assholes being assholes.

Beta losers to the core.

If anyone knows this guy in real life, tell his parents to lock away everything sharp.

I mean before we had Fedor and GSP. Both humble and the best in their weight classes, both in GOAT considerations.

Nowadays things are a bit different..in the case of JJ he is that good as a fighter or at least used to be so may be the way he acts actually gets in the way of his popularity. But when it comes down to fighters like Diaz bros, Conor and Ronda who are definitely not the greatest fighters we have seen they all act super disrespectful towards their opponents, yet they have the biggest fan base. I mean they are arrogant as hell, lack emotional intelligence etc etc, yet they are MMA's biggest stars??!

So I really wonder why does one need to be an arrogant asshole to be real big in MMA?

Big talkers have always been popular.

Ali practically invented trash talk and he is many fan's idol.

With Jon Jones though you have a point. The fact that he has any fans at all is a sad commentary on sports fans and people in general.

Bottom line is,someone who talks a lot of shit has to back it up in the cage. Everyone gets theirs. Its somewhat exciting to see someone who is willing to do that,knowing the risks and taking it anyway.

They have to hype up fights so they could get more cash.

On the other hand, A-level athletes just need to show up and perform.

the WWE cansuals entered the MMA era...nothing you can do about it

We had a few good years between the tapout douchebags and the Conor fair weather fans... hopefully once Conor loses another one or two we can go back to the peace... I'm just glad the tapout bros haven't been replaced by the American fighter wearing types

Because MMA attracts douchebags. And douchebags like to watch douchebags. There is your answer

One could ask the same question about politicians. I think there's a cultural backlash going on in the western world right now, where people who feel like they've been constrained by political correctness and notions of "proper behavior" are acting out. The growing popularity of social media makes this all the easier, and this thread is a perfect example. People say shit to each other that they would never say in person.

I seem to be the only guy here not caring 'bout pretty much anything related to the fighters, except whether they bring it at fight night or not.

Beta losers to the core.

Actually that seems like a perfect description of the average sherdogger.

UFC's version of the wwf Attitude era. McGoat is like stone cold while gsp is like Bret hart.

Back