Why are fighters with bad personalities most popular lately?

priderulez

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean before we had Fedor and GSP. Both humble and the best in their weight classes, both in GOAT considerations.

Nowadays things are a bit different..in the case of JJ he is that good as a fighter or at least used to be so may be the way he acts actually gets in the way of his popularity. But when it comes down to fighters like Diaz bros, Conor and Ronda who are definitely not the greatest fighters we have seen they all act super disrespectful towards their opponents, yet they have the biggest fan base. I mean they are arrogant as hell, lack emotional intelligence etc etc, yet they are MMA's biggest stars??!

So I really wonder why does one need to be an arrogant asshole to be real big in MMA?

the decline of civalization

MMA is a haven sport people with antisocial behavior. That goes double for fans.

I mean before we had Fedor and GSP. Both humble and the best in their weight classes, both in GOAT considerations.

Nowadays things are a bit different..in the case of JJ he is that good as a fighter or at least used to be so may be the way he acts actually gets in the way of his popularity. But when it comes down to fighters like Diaz bros, Conor and Ronda who are definitely not the greatest fighters we have seen they all act super disrespectful towards their opponents, yet they have the biggest fan base. I mean they are arrogant as hell, lack emotional intelligence etc etc, yet they are MMA's biggest stars??!

So I really wonder why does one need to be an arrogant asshole to be real big in MMA?

Possibly.

Vastly more fights and bloated rosters mean you have to other things to stand out, besides just fight really well.

i

fighters with bad personalities have been popular all throughout history

just look at Achilles, the original disrespectful emo

Douchebag immature, uneducated children for fans. Easily impressed by shit talk, and disrespect. Too afraid, and stupid to think for themselves. Easily swayed by mob rule. Assholes being assholes.

Beta losers to the core.

casuals need acting/drama during press conferences to get excited about fights

"omg he grabbed his belt bro"

Gotta love the ironic condescension from the people who have been triggered the most.

wwwfanforumcom-c3f412f5f487aad4b82854f69b3b751e.jpg

It's prize fighting, they get paid more the more people want to see them fight, the more they get people like you emotionally involved.

They're clearly doing a good job.

Crybaby marks everywhere.

19e8b5d33db0e398f232b455dc35e878d444756e27d2af979b43e8c4fe00f05b.jpg

It's not real. It's all a show.

504229.jpg

Last edited:
Douchebag immature, uneducated children for fans. Easily impressed by shit talk, and disrespect. Too afraid, and stupid to think for themselves. Easily swayed by mob rule. Assholes being assholes.

Beta losers to the core.

This.

Look, I'm glad that "traditional martial arts" were exposed for their weaknesses. But I wish we still kept some of the discipline, integrity, and civility from those martial arts.

MMA fans make me cringe too often, sad to say.

Beta losers to the core.
<33>

It's like boxing: Before we had those great humble champions considered GOAT, like Muhammed Ali...

Oh wait....

Beta losers to the core.

lol triggered. If hardcore fans like yourself actually supported guys like Mighty Mouse then we wouldnt have this problem of fake drama/personalities in order for fighters to make a decent pay check.

Bud sadly beta bitches like you say you are hardcore and respect skill over trash talk yet can't be bothered to pay for a Mighty Mouse PPV unless it has some big thick muscular fighter on the undercard to be worth your money

This is not something that is new to combat sports as a result of MMA's unique influence!

Don't be a 12 Y.O. born last night type.

You had Brash Boxers vs. "respectful" types going back well over a century! WTF is this MMA new "schmeal".

Ever heard of Gentleman Jim? In the late 1800's John Sullivan was the HW beast and champion of 10 years. The "Queensbury rules 1886" gave birth to these "respectful" image fighters like Gentleman Jim Corbett in combat sports.

In 1892, Sullivan came out of his corner "roaring like a lion" FFS!

It has been up and down, back and forth since.

Ali liked to be "arrogant" to sell fights in the 1960's through the mid 1970's. Holmes rarely had a disrespectful word to say as he dominated Boxing mid 70's to early 80's. Tyson? Back to the Schwagger schtick through the 1980's.

Lewis & The Klitschko's did the uber respectful thing DOMINATING the 1990's to Tyson Fury!

Same thing in any other WC.

You have Wilredo Benitez, Tommy Hearns types, and Ray Leonard and Mayweather types. Nothing new under the sun, Son!

Diaz bros have been fighting for like 20 years bro wtf

Fact is hardcore fans say they want humble skilled champs. They already exist in Mighty Mouse, Stipe, Aldo, etc, except harcore fans dont buy those PPVs then complain when guys like Conor are bringing in casuals and making 100x what aldo makes

This is not something that is new to combat sports as a result of MMA's unique influence!

Don't be a 12 Y.O. born last night type.

You had Brash Boxers vs. "respectful" types going back well over a century! WTF is this MMA new "schmeal".

Ever heard of Gentleman Jim? In the late 1800's John Sullivan was the HW beast and champion of 10 years. The "Queensbury rules 1886" gave birth to these "respectful" image fighters like Gentleman Jim Corbett in combat sports.

In 1892, Sullivan came out of his corner "roaring like a lion" FFS!

It has been up and down, back and forth since.

Ali liked to be "arrogant" to sell fights in the 1960's through the mid 1970's. Holmes rarely had a disrespectful word to say as he dominated Boxing mid 70's to early 80's. Tyson? Back to the Schwagger schtick through the 1980's.

Lewis & The Klitschko's did the uber respectful thing DOMINATING the 1990's to Tyson Fury!

Same thing in any other WC.

You have Wilredo Benitez, Tommy Hearns types, and Ray Leonard and Mayweather types. Nothing new under the sun, Son!

Needs more !!!!!!!!!

Back