Why are all the champs scared of their next opponents?

Why would Conor be spooked of fighting Aldo a 4th time? He's 3-0 against Aldo

Woodley calling out Nick Diaz was the worst. Diaz has one win in the past 5 years and it was against natural lightweight BJ Penn.

Bisping against Hendo is pretty weak too. Yeah he's trying to avenge a devastating loss but that was from 6 years ago and Hendo is incredibly undeserving compared to Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold, Romero and even Tim Kennedy.

If you want to choose from the #1 or #2 contender, that seems reasonable. But guys barely in the top 10 or unranked is embarrassing.

Who says "spooked" these days? Tell ol' Roy we landed on the moon!

It's Duck season...

YKd1TY4.gif

Good thing there is at least champs like Cormier, MM and Joanna that doesn't duck challengers.
Hopefully Stipe won't run from Reem like he did to Rothwell.
Also I don't think Conor ducks fighters in 145. More like he doesn't want make that rough weight cut.

Last edited:
I think its all about money. Eddie probably knows him vs Khabib won't be a PPV main event. Him vs. Conor would be. Woodley would make a lot more fighting GSP or Diaz than he would fighting Wonderboy. Amanda Nunes comes to mind too holding out for Ronda. She knows that'd be a main event while her vs Pena or Schvenko probably wouldn't be.

All the champs? no.. only a few are. Mainly Woodley and Alvarez. Bisping got the fight put infront of him, never asked for it.

Anyone who calls a fighter at this level a "coward" or "spooked" is a moron.

Woodley gave you a very clear reason why he wants to fight GSP. Alvarez did as well. They want to make more money. The UFC and fans created this situation. They let Mcgregor do whatever he wanted and now other fighters are using their leverage to try to do the same. A fighter should use his/her leverage while he/she can. The UFC uses and tosses these people away like garbage. They better learn the UFC is not in business for the benefit of its "employees".

Bisping didn't ask for Henderson, the UFC is trying to maximize profit. Bisping vs Romero or Jacare is apparently less buys than Dan Henderson.

Some poster wrote that Woodley is terrified of Thompson. That poster is stupid.

I don't think Connie is afraid of fighting Aldo.

The person he should be avoiding is Edgar.

Aldo Cloner is a striker vs. striker match, where his best chances are.

Lucky Charms definitely doesn't have Aldo's TDD...

Agreed it's weird as Hel that Champions who just won their belts are calling or fighting people who aren't even top 5 contenders.

T-wood calling out GSP kinda makes sense. Dana already said anytime Georges comes back, he can have an immediate TS. Nick Diaz makes no sense.

Alvarez calling for Nasty Nate Connie II winner makes no sense.

Cloner would then go over a year without defending the belt while being active, if Eddie has his way.

Werdum wasnt afraid of Stipe. cost him the belt...

Aldo wasn't afraid of Conor ... same deal.

Sometimes it's better to be a little afraid. You go in there clearly not respecting your opponent's potential to end your night early it often doesn't work out well.

I don't think Connie is afraid of fighting Aldo.

The person he should be avoiding is Edgar.

Aldo Cloner is a striker vs. striker match, where his best chances are.

Aldo's TDs are better than Frankie's (and Chad's and Jones's and Cain's and DC's and Hendricks's ... GSP is the only guy with multiple UFC title fights who has a superior TD success rate to Aldo) and Aldo has a better top game than Frankie too. And Aldo has multiple takedowns against every striking-based opponent he's fought in a title fight that's lasted more than 13 seconds. Aldo even took down Lamas, who has a wrestling base, twice from only two attempts. (Lamas was 1/6 against Aldo.)

If Aldo sets aside his pride and plays to his strengths against Conor, it's not even close. Aldo makes Conor his pet on the ground with ease.

Last edited:
Under the Reebok deal pay structure champs automatically get paid the most so even though I don't necessarily like the champs trying to pick their opponents, I can't say I blame them.

I think its all about money. Eddie probably knows him vs Khabib won't be a PPV main event. Him vs. Conor would be. Woodley would make a lot more fighting GSP or Diaz than he would fighting Wonderboy. Amanda Nunes comes to mind too holding out for Ronda. She knows that'd be a main event while her vs Pena or Schvenko probably wouldn't be.
You get it. These guys calling professional fighers scared of fighting is laughable.

IF they want this to be treated like a real sport, stop bitching on message boards and tell the UFC. Vote with your dollars by not buying it.

Mcgregor is going to set the record for most non-title fights as a reigning champion and those guys complaining about Woodley will buy it. Double standards is the greatest.

They are like people who go to WWE shows and buy Cena sucks shirts.

They seem to not realize the money will come if they keep winning. Wanting to cash out on established greats or popular fighters instead of carving your own path of destruction is actually really quite bitchmade imo.

You get it. These guys calling professional fighers scared of fighting is laughable.

IF they want this to be treated like a real sport, stop bitching on message boards and tell the UFC. Vote with your dollars by not buying it.

Mcgregor is going to set the record for most non-title fights as a reigning champion and those guys complaining about Woodley will buy it. Double standards is the greatest.

They are like people who go to WWE shows and buy Cena sucks shirts.

I do. I rarely watch UFC anymore unless there is a good matchup on the card. I haven't paid for a pay-for-view event in a long, long time. We usually go watch at a bar.

This wouldn't have happened if fighter pay blah blah.

Conor is not afraid of losing the belt to Aldo he's afraid of losing the belt. He and the UFC brass know without that belt he loses relevance. They wouldn't let anyone else hold that belt hostage but him. Conor always says he likes a challenge so he should try defending that title a couple times it's much harder than he thinks

Back