why Anik and not Stann?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Skarr, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Skarr

Skarr Brown Belt

One thing that has confused me for awhile now....why do they let Anik do the post fight interviews and not Stann....or Florian? ((I think they let Florian do post interviews in the past ...maybe when hes been teamed with Goldberg?))

2. 209NickDiaz

209NickDiaz Gold Belt

Yeah he sucked really bad! Why can't he just change another wording? What do u think about your performance is easy enough to understand!
    Awful!

3. tipofmitt

tipofmitt Orange Belt

'nother great Anik interview, eh?

4. ryun253

ryun253 Black Belt

How does Anik even have a job in the UFC?

He really couldn't change the wording without acting like a ****?

5. Skarr

Skarr Brown Belt

yeah that interview was bad.....he has a long history of bad interviews tho....awkward moments and just robotic pointless questions instead of asking something halfway intresting....

6. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

One word: image.

Anik is a dweeby little beta guy that helps promote the image that UFC fighters are these larger-than-life superheros. Have you seen Stann lately? He looks like he's 230 pounds and it appears he must have been cutting height during his fighting career because he's taller than ever. Plus he's got an anvil for a head. If they allowed headbutts in the UFC in his day he would have caused multiple fatalities. You can't have that guy interviewing fighters, he'd make 99% of them look like runts.

7. Skarr

Skarr Brown Belt

I hear what youre saying but I dont think I can agree with it, Stann is a decorated war vet, in terms of America there probably isnt anyone that can give a better image....when it comes to the smaller fighers even Rogan can make some of them look tiny...and Rogan is pretty short...they let Hardy do post fight interviews and while Hardy isnt a tank....hes still over 6ft tall

8. Face Punch

Face Punch Punch Face

I don't like it, but this is correct.

9. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

He's supposed to be the layman, while Stann/Florian are the expert.
    Like Goldie is the layman and Rogan is the expert.

I still think it's a good idea even if it's frustrating to the hardcores. They need a guy asking questions for the casuals, while the expert appeals to the hardcores.

I actually think Goldie is the ideal guy for layman, because he knows enough at this point to really play the part with a little bit of MMA knowledge to go in the right direction.
    Anik and Ranallo aren't in his class on this.

As for the expert, Frank Mir was my favorite one. He really knew his stuff, explained everything well, and was well spoken.
    For whatever reason, half of Sherdog hates him, but he was my favorite announcer ever.
    I thought Pulver was good too, but he seems to have been dropped completely; he was surprisingly knowledgeable and well-spoken.
    I find Florian very political and very annoying.
    Stann is pretty good.
    Rogan can be amazing, but he often chooses to be biased and douchey instead.

Besides Frank Mir, sadly, Chael was probably the best announcer/sportscaster. Maybe Chael will be back...I don't know.

10. Skarr

Skarr Brown Belt

^ dude, we're talking about the post fight interviews...not the whole schabang....
    what youre saying is right....but why is Anik doing the colour guys job((post fight interview)) when hes as you say...the biggest lameass in the booth

11. everysecond

everysecond Purple Belt

rogan interview goat.