Why almost everyone thinks that Francis will beat Jones?

I’m one of those guys who think Jones should be banned from all sports and driving and parties, but I keep it real! Stipe who doesn’t have the best chin showed exactly how to defeat Francis and took big shots doing it! Jones hadn’t been even Rocked and obviously has a very high fight IQ, so why do you naysayers think he won’t implement a good game plan for the monster and take him down or even finish him with same kind of kick that made DC cry in public?
Because Jones is a HW who cuts to LHW to avoid fighting in the HW division , which includes Nngannou . Jon's fight night weight = HW -

Because Ngannou's height and reach cancels out Jones main advantage which is his height and reach.

Ngannou is a pretty fast HW and one clean shot could end the fight.

Not saying Jones wouldn't win, but he'd need to be super cautious and utilize his wrestling But even that would be hard for him considering Ngannou's size and strength.

I might be in the minority but i think Francis is a good match up for Jones. Jones has enough movement to avoid having Francis land clean for 2 rounds and turns up the heat after Francis gets tired.

Jones by UD imo.

mma fans are fickle, all Ngannou needs is 1 more convincing lose and this whole debate will end

mma fans are fickle, all Ngannou needs is 1 more convincing lose and this whole debate will end
even if Ngannou were to lose a fight to another HW, you could reasonably favor him against Jones on stylistic grounds and given how untested and uninterested Jones is in fighting at HW

Keep in mind that Stipe actually went and did amateur boxing to work on his hands. He actually has good boxing skills. Jones, not so much. Stipe was able to avoid getting hit clean for 25 minutes because he can box. I don't think Jones would be able to do that. I also don't think he'd be able to muscle Ngannou around and get him to the ground right away. He would be in much more danger than Stipe was because they don't have the same skill set.

COULD he beat Ngannou? Sure. Do I see it happening? No. Styles make fights. Jones relies heavily on his reach and height advantages in his fights. He would have neither against Ngannou. If Ngannou touches him once, the fight could be over.
Jones will utilize the head kicks and eventually land on Francis and eventually KO him or just trip him and hellelbow him into a Bolivia

Jones will utilize the head kicks and eventually land on Francis and eventually KO him or just trip him and hellelbow him into a Bolivia

Jones apologized for even saying Ngannou's name in an interview when he was asked how he would approach a fight with him. Jones doesn't want any part of a fight with Ngannou.

Because Jones doesn’t have Knockout power that would back Francis up. The best he can do is spam oblique kicks, elbows, jabs, but that means fuck all if your opponent can one hit ko you and is fast like Francis. I dont believe Jones has the strength to hold Francis pressed up against the cage either. So all he can do is pepper Francis with hits and run away but Jones doesn’t have head movement that would prevent him from getting clipped eventually. And a hit from Francis would be debilitating.

There are several, maybe even lots of fighters who are more skilled that Ngannou. But I'd argue that FN's one stop shot power is gonna be severely hard to "outclass" for 15-25 minutes.

Stipe did, but it seems to have taken more out of him to win than he or any of us thought.

You have to fight perfectly the entire bout.

Francis just needs to land once.
Skill advantage doesn't automatically = a win

This is exactly why I say Deontay Wilder could beat any heavyweight boxer in history on any given night.

This is exactly why I say Deontay Wilder could beat any heavyweight boxer in history on any given night.
And I'd add to that; he carries that power in round 1, round 10, even round 12. Super fucking rare.
Ngannou may be lethal all 25 minutes, maybe not. But I think the loss to stipe has improved his lethality. He's much more calculated now, and stipe capitalized on FN'S lack of experience and I give him props.

I'd bet my life that a rematch ends in a devastating beheading for miocic.

Absurd power + patience is often the ideal marriage.

Deontay has shown to be capable of detonation for all 36 minutes.

I think Francis is the same, he just had to eat a loss to learn that lesson.

And I'd add to that; he carries that power in round 1, round 10, even round 12. Super fucking rare.
Ngannou may be lethal all 25 minutes, maybe not. But I think the loss to stipe has improved his lethality. He's much more calculated now, and stipe capitalized on FN'S lack of experience and I give him props.

I'd bet my life that a rematch ends in a devastating beheading for miocic.

Absurd power + patience is often the ideal marriage.

Deontay has shown to be capable of detonation for all 36 minutes.

I think Francis is the same, he just had to eat a loss to learn that lesson.

I actually rewatched the Stipe fight awhile back, Francis wobbled Stipe in the third or fourth round with a big shot and Stipe had to panic wrestle. I think Ngannous power likely would carry deep into a fight like Wilder.

I actually rewatched the Stipe fight awhile back, Francis wobbled Stipe in the third or fourth round with a big shot and Stipe had to panic wrestle. I think Ngannous power likely would carry deep into a fight like Wilder.
Yup. With an arm punch at that.

I've rolled w dudes that even though I won, i would be shakey and trembling for 5-10 mins. After. Onlookers had no idea how deep I had to dig to get that kill. But I knew that had I not finished when I did, I was toast.

That's how stipe appeared to me, personally. Like it took all he had just to win the bout. I don't think he can do it again.

Yup. With an arm punch at that.

I've rolled w dudes that even though I won, i would be shakey and trembling for 5-10 mins. After. Onlookers had no idea how deep I had to dig to get that kill. But I knew that had I not finished when I did, I was toast.

That's how stipe appeared to me, personally. Like it took all he had just to win the bout. I don't think he can do it again.

You pretty much have to fight the perfect fight against Ngannou to beat him. His chin is iron and he hits with so much destructive force behind shots that appear to be nothing, such as the Cain ko.

Stipe would need to mix up his punches and takedowns again, but Francis is smarter now about conserving his energy.

I don’t like stipes chances, but maybe Stipe has been working on his submissions? If he gets top position again in a rematch he has to go for the kill.

Because of the way he ran through Black Beast and Stipe.

Stipe has much better boxing than Jones and better head moment in the pocket. Ngannou has also gotten much better and his TDD and cardio are very underrated. Jones' style is size dependent, when he fights someone of similar height and reach he loses rounds way more often than when he's much taller with a big reach advantage. I think Jones would have a very hard time taking Ngannou down and would get KOed.

Back