Why all this Jones Drama doesn't matter

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Throw Bones, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Throw Bones

Throw Bones Yellow Belt

Because absolutely nothing will be done about his failed test and abnormal testosterone ratios. Just the way the UFC/Dana and NSAC are being right now, you can tell this is all going to swept under the rug. There's already missing blood tests and I wouldn't be surprised if the ones they have now go missing.

I don't want to believe it, but I feel Jones will get away with everything. Don't get your hopes up for any kind of punishment.

2. LikeItIs

LikeItIs Red Belt

You're likely not wrong.

But boy, it's sure fun to speculate and throw around baseless accusations!

3. FrontNakedChoke

FrontNakedChoke ____________________

It matters because people are still mad that Jones beat their favourite fighter.

4. JarlSkuld

JarlSkuld Brown Belt

Cocaine use kind of jumped the shark when the people of the United States elected a former coke user as their president (George W Bush). I think that shows a certain level of acceptance with drug use - even "hard" drugs like cocaine. Snorting coke didn`t exclude George W Bush from receiving the most important job in the country with the most responsibility...so something as insignificant as a sports champion shouldn`t matter much. True, Bush most likely didn`t snort coke while in office...but Jones most likely didn`t snort coke on the days he stepped into the octagon to fight. So, if you voted for Bush II, but feel Jones should be stripped of the belt, you might be a bit hypocritical on this issue.

Possible PEDs use is another story, however.

Jarl

5. SilvaMoney

SilvaMoney Green Belt

of course

6. Sp@cePeanut

[email protected] Brown Belt

Jones earned all of his victories. [email protected] voting in a president....that's adorable

7. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

[​IMG]

8. Throw Bones

Throw Bones Yellow Belt

I don't think he should be stripped of the tittle over cocaine, but it just pisses me off that he's going to get away with everything.

9. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 Bum Life Practitioner Platinum Member

The UFC never had any credibility to damage in the first place, so no it doesn't matter.

The fact that Zuffa is considering to put Silva in the cage with Weidman again is laughable, it also shows the number one priority of the UFC is making $$$$$ regardless of if they look like fools doing it.

10. JDB

JDB Brown Belt

Well, a lot of us would like to hear that T/E ratio explained.

[​IMG]

11. kibz

kibz Brown Belt

The current president admitted to coke use also.

12. icex48x

icex48x Brown Belt

War Jones!!

War Coke!!

13. SilvaMoney

SilvaMoney Green Belt

It is slowly eroding the UFC's already compromised credibility. It may not pulverize this block of granite into dust, but it slowly chips away at each day, and the statue remaining is no work of art. We are witnessing this with the dwindling PPV sales and gate revenues. I wish Dana was smart enough to see this and make the necessary changes for the long-term instead of just caring for short-term gain. Just my opinion.

14. Bob Gray

Bob Gray Deadlights Belt Platinum Member

I agree that nothing will be done in regard to the no rules that were broken.

15. hoyle1911

hoyle1911 Brown Belt

The coke thing I don't really care about. The PED thing could be troublesome if it turns out a reigning champion was using. Completely ruins his legacy and the sport's legitimacy.

16. Cake4Breakfast

Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

His public persona has totally changed, and whomever he was putting the good kid show on for knows what is up with him, which is going to mess with him given how much energy he spent keeping up appearances. His life just got a lot more stressful, especially if he wants to continue to be a party boy.

Plus, now Dana and Zuffa have one up on him.

17. Cake4Breakfast

Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

I don't think you understand what has been going on in sports for the past 40 years or so if a champion using a PED brings the sport's legitimacy into question.

18. iwhoopedbatman

iwhoopedbatman Fox Hunter Extraordinaire

This. He passed the all important CIR test that all of Sherdog has been clamoring for because doctors on twitter led them to believe it would show he was cheating. Out of competition coke isn't banned. He's done nothing to justify any kind of sanction from the NSAC.

19. Cake4Breakfast

Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

I did everything I could to convince people not to vote for GW Bush, but your post is silly. Bush had been a born again Christian for decades by the time he was elected President, Jones snorted coke 1 month out from his fight when most fighters wouldn't drink a coke at that point. Of course they are not going to say he isn't champion anymore, but you are minimizing his actions for a promotion that emphasizes how much their athletes must work and sacrifice to succeed in their sport. It hurts Jones, and all he tried to cultivate with his good boy act, and it hurts the UFC, though the UFC doesn't realize the degree of it because it doesn't know what it wants its fighters to be anymore. Jones looks like a mix between Lawrence Taylor and River Phoenix at this point, and the UFC looks like a mix between SEG/Pride/ and the WWE with the self awareness of Jon Jones.