Why all the hate for WMMA?

Honestly, I don't know why anyone bothers with WMMA discussion in the Heavies anymore. It just turns into a shit show

Because most of the women suck.

And most of them aren't attractive enough to make any of their fights worthwhile.

Overall it’s a lesser product. Kinda like the WNBA in comparison to the NBA. I could watch college football, but I prefer the NFL, because that’s where the best players play. I could attempt to follow amateur boxing, but I prefer the pros, because they are better.

I wonder what happened to that one guy who would fly off the handle if you said anything negative about it? I think he was using his real name it was hilarious. Haven't seen him for awhile but that dude got super emotional lol.

Because the majority of the fights are little more than glorified sparring matches. The bar to break into WMMA in the UFC appears to be being a crossfit-level athlete, regardless of skill at all. Look at the WNBA, those are legit the best women basketball players on earth, and its still embarrassing to watch considering they would get wrecked by a nationally ranked HIGH SCHOOL boys team. There's just no point in watching women compete in certain sports because the disparity between men/women at it is so vast.

a lot of them have some deep seated female issues, not all but most. The rest are just more traditional (archaic) In their thoughts towards gender roles, which is fine because at least It's somewhat rational and based In biology. Then i guess you have the faction who think overall they produce lower skilled fights.

WMMA is cool, If there's great fights whether they're men or women I enjoy them all the same.

Last edited:
I love it. It gives me time to refill my drink and get my wings out of the oven

Outside of maybe the top 10 women across all divisions, most are very low level. They are throwing sloppy techniques and it’s just bad to watch. Sure, some men are sloppy and low level, but at least most can actually throw some power and there’s potential for a finish.

So you have low level zero danger fights and it’s just a chore to sit through. The example you gave was definitely an exception and not the rule and even then the girl didn’t have enough power to put her away. They frequently put on the worst fight on the card. Like I said, there’s a handful worth watching but even they aren’t on the level as the men.
well It's pretty much a new sport, it's to be expected. In many ways it can be compared to what mens MMA was In It's growing years.

It's evolving fast though. The overall talent pool needs work but there's a lot of skilled girls out there.

Yes, I know. Sometimes after a lackluster NBA game, it is refreshing to tune in to an exciting, back And forth womens basketball game. Maybe they could mix them together on the same night?

lyanna-mormont-gif-7.gif

well It's pretty much a new sport, it's to be expected. In many ways it can be compared to what mens MMA was In It's growing years.

It's evolving fast though. The overall talent pool needs work but there's a lot of skilled girls out there.

I see this point thrown out a lot and I disagree. Early men’s MMA started with nobody having any clue what actually worked. Guys didn’t know what a guard was and still thought Kung fu worked.

The women have come along when the knowledge is much higher and even train alongside men, yet their skill is still much lower.

Because out of everyone of them maybe 5 fighters are interesting.

I see this point thrown out a lot and I disagree. Early men’s MMA started with nobody having any clue what actually worked. Guys didn’t know what a guard was and still thought Kung fu worked.

The women have come along when the knowledge is much higher and even train alongside men, yet their skill is still much lower.
not that early, but It's in it's infancy without a doubt.

Just look at the immense level of evolution just in the few years since It hit the UFC.

not that early, but It's in it's infancy without a doubt.

Just look at the immense level of evolution just in the few years since It hit the UFC.

I still disagree, the women train at the same places at the men and there still is a large disparity. The fact is, the women will never reach the level of men, that’s just genetics. They will never have the strength or explosiveness.

I still disagree, the women train at the same places at the men and there still is a large disparity. The fact is, the women will never reach the level of men, that’s just genetics. They will never have the strength or explosiveness.
You can't disagree with facts.

The degree of evolution once wmma hit the UFC has been IMMENSE, showing that it's been In its infancy skill wise.

It actually made fighting a viable option for women financially, which completely changed the landscape and speed of evolution.

nothing I said had anything to do with the latter so i'm going to ignore that

For an obvious troll thread, this has a lot of responses.

You can't disagree with facts.

The degree of evolution once wmma hit the UFC has been IMMENSE, showing that it's been In its infancy skill wise.

It actually made fighting a viable option for women financially, which completely changed the landscape and speed of evolution.

nothing I said had anything to do with the latter so i'm going to ignore it.

The fact is the women are receiving the same training in the same places, why is there still a large skill gap? I’d disagree with a massive jump in skill, the best is Nunes who is a brawler, she’s not some great technical striker. She wins because she has enough power to actually punish these poor technique women and make them pay.

The fact is the women are receiving the same training in the same places, why is there still a large skill gap? I’d disagree with a massive jump in skill, the best is Nunes who is a brawler, she’s not some great technical striker. She wins because she has enough power to actually punish these poor technique women and make them pay.
I'm gonna remove myself from this conversation

my points are lost and are completely unrelated to what you're saying anyways.

Back