Why all the hate for WMMA?

Ha ha ha... what a joke.
You start by insulting fans of WMMA by asserting that they aren't real sports fans.
Then you tell us a sob story about those fans trying to break you down psychologically (everyone forget, please, that you just attacked them in your opening statement).

WMMA fans have been continuously and enthusiastically bullied on this forum for years, but you want everyone to see the side that has been doing the bullying as being the oppressed victims? Cry me a river, bro.

He did take being a punk-ass little bitch to the next level.

Nunes really hits like a dude. After that why are girls chasing after traditionally and biologically masculine traits while modern guys are chasing feminine ones. Its unsettling.

The guys you’re referring to are making an error that’s as old as time itself.

For centuries betas have coveted beautiful women. They’ve hoped that by being super nice and super respectful to women’s opinions, abilities and autonomy, one day the beautiful woman will say, “wait, why do I keep banging alphas.....this kind, respectful beta is all I’ve ever really needed!”

It’s gotten even rougher in recent decades, as the introduction of new technology has resulted in films and television shows in which that fantasy comes true.

The 21st century has been the worst of all for the beta. Many of the bold men of years gone by have been chastised for their aggressive behavior, as more and more women insist out loud that what the beta has long craved is in fact true: women want to be shown deference and respect.

But we all know how this is going to end for the beta. Confusion. Angst. Frustration.

50 Shades of Gray was the most popular book among women during the height of the MeToo movement. That’s all anyone needs to know.

Pretending to like WMMA will not save you.

Low skill level. I support a woman's right to fight, I just don't want it cluttering up UFC cards, which were always supposed to be shows where the best fighters they could get would fight. So if mildly talented men want to fight, cool! Go fight! Just do it in some regional organization, not the UFC. And if mildly talented women want to fight, that's also cool -- go do it in some other organization, too. There are a few talented girls but then the rest of the divisions suck. There's no depth, and certainly not enough to fill up entire divisions with UFC-caliber talent.

lets be honest, there's only one reason the wmma is still around...and it's not popularity...it's the feminist ruled country...the ufc doesn't dare get rid of any of the women's divisions...they know the huge, and i'm talking huge back lash from the media that would ensue...so they just keep them around..why else would you keep divisions around, with so little talent and it being so utterly devoid of depth.

The guys you’re referring to are making an error that’s as old as time itself.

For centuries betas have coveted beautiful women. They’ve hoped that by being super nice and super respectful to women’s opinions, abilities and autonomy, one day the beautiful woman will say, “wait, why do I keep banging alphas.....this kind, respectful beta is all I’ve ever really needed!”

It’s gotten even rougher in recent decades, as the introduction of new technology has resulted in films and television shows in which that fantasy comes true.

The 21st century has been the worst of all for the beta. Many of the bold men of years gone by have been chastised for their aggressive behavior, as more and more women insist out loud that what the beta has long craved is in fact true: women want to be shown deference and respect.

But we all know how this is going to end for the beta. Confusion. Angst. Frustration.

50 Shades of Gray was the most popular book among women during the height of the MeToo movement. That’s all anyone needs to know.

Pretending to like WMMA will not save you.

I agree with pretty much everything...there are tons of nice sweet dudes sitting home on a friday night..while assholes who treat women like shit, have tons of women on the side, never ever have to worry about if their going to get some. while women can talk about wanting a nice guy, we all know the truth...those guys don't get shit...it's the guys that don't give a shit about girls that get the girls...weird how that works...

A very subjective matter. The fact that they were hired at all is evidence that somebody, whose actual job it was to make such determinations for the organization, decided that they did indeed deserve to be in the UFC.
Women are in the UFC
A. Because Ronda was a media darling during her run.
B. UFC realized wmma is cheap to air as they are paid peanuts and they can fill up a card.

I pay to see the best fighters in the world in their respective divisions.
And the UFC women are that, just as much as the UFC men are that.

Which loses its meaning when the baseline level of performance/depth is so low, relatively speaking.

Someplace in the world, there is someone who is literally the best midget fighter in the world. Five people who are in the top 5 in the hypothetical paraplegic lightweight division. And 10 kiddies in the top 10 of the "7 year old white belt" karate division. Even if they were the absolute pinnacle of their divisions, I wouldn't spend a buck to watch any of them (maybe the midgets).

Sometimes, people with higher relative ranks can be miles and miles behind people with much lower relative ranks because the baselines for the two groups are so wildly different.

oldschool sherdoggers keeps fighting the inevitable. don't know why they keep resisting the times. UFC puts on more and more women fights not because they want to lose money, but because there's a growing market for it

lets be honest, there's only one reason the wmma is still around...and it's not popularity...it's the feminist ruled country...the ufc doesn't dare get rid of any of the women's divisions...they know the huge, and i'm talking huge back lash from the media that would ensue...so they just keep them around..why else would you keep divisions around, with so little talent and it being so utterly devoid of depth.

I wouldn’t go quite that far.

The UFC got into women’s MMA because they didn’t want to give another organization an easy way to differentiate itself.

As other posters have pointed out, there’s a component to this game that goes beyond pure athleticism. Characters and stories can go a long way too, and that’s not limited by gender. Ronda was a great character, and there will be more to come. The non-title fights are absolutely dreadful, but the company will find a way to spice things up. How long do you think it will be before two women fight who had the same boyfriend? (Or ex-girlfriends fight each other? Lol).

In the meantime they can use the occasional title fight to beef up a PPV with a little extra juice, and they can use the other fights as filler. With all the events they’re putting on they’re going to need it.

Personally I don’t have a problem with the female divisions existing or sharing a card with the men’s divisions. (I get a little annoyed when a PPV includes a random WMMA fight but I feel the same way about flyweight to be honest). They can be an entertaining change of pace when they go toe to toe and get it over quickly enough.

The only thing that I’ve objected to in this thread is when posters have tried to say things like “they’re just as good as the men” or “I like watching them just as much as the men.” No, they’re not, and no, you don’t.

oldschool sherdoggers keeps fighting the inevitable. don't know why they keep resisting the times. UFC puts on more and more women fights not because they want to lose money, but because there's a growing market for it

I’m not sure if that’s true or not. You would think that some amount of growth in popularity is natural as the names get more familiar and the talent pool deepens. That’s certainly what we’ve seen in the lighter male divisions or time. There’s a ceiling on that growth though.

FWIW a friend of mine told me that women were headlining Wrestlemania last weekend. Is it possible that people are becoming more interested in watching women generally? My gut reaction is no, but I can’t say that I’m confident in that answer.

I don't get it. Stop it. Women are just as talented as their male counterparts!
giphy.gif

Remember Barboza vs Gaethje... The first couple of fights were sleepers....
but then Jessica Aguilar and Marina Rodriguez stole the show with their amazing fight!
Celebrate don't hate
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4764737932356d6b6958734a2d413d3d2d3235343333313138392e313434633538303235663133386135632e676966
You are now invited to turn a new leaf from your old hating ways. -- You know who you are * If this doesn't apply to you then don't feel accused !*

Because no one wants to watch women fight. Some of you just pretend you do for political reasons.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

I wouldn’t go quite that far.

The UFC got into women’s MMA because they didn’t want to give another organization an easy way to differentiate itself.

As other posters have pointed out, there’s a component to this game that goes beyond pure athleticism. Characters and stories can go a long way too, and that’s not limited by gender. Ronda was a great character, and there will be more to come. The non-title fights are absolutely dreadful, but the company will find a way to spice things up. How long do you think it will be before two women fight who had the same boyfriend? (Or ex-girlfriends fight each other? Lol).

In the meantime they can use the occasional title fight to beef up a PPV with a little extra juice, and they can use the other fights as filler. With all the events they’re putting on they’re going to need it.

Personally I don’t have a problem with the female divisions existing or sharing a card with the men’s divisions. (I get a little annoyed when a PPV includes a random WMMA fight but I feel the same way about flyweight to be honest). They can be an entertaining change of pace when they go toe to toe and get it over quickly enough.

The only thing that I’ve objected to in this thread is when posters have tried to say things like “they’re just as good as the men” or “I like watching them just as much as the men.” No, they’re not, and no, you don’t.

the only women fight i've really enjoyed was nunes vs cyborg...that was entertaining...those fights are very very rare.

But all of the investment bankers and corporate CEOs posting here know far more about the UFC financial statements than the UFC, evidently. It should be obvious to the he-man woman-haters that a successful business will do things that make it money, and not do things that cost it money. I guess that is too much for them to figure out despite their mastery of all things economic.

the thing many guys seems fascinatingly unable to wrap their head around is that women don't fight like men. they're not as strong, there are distinct physical differences. on a similar note, i don't think the best female olympic 100m runners suck, just because they can't run as fast as men. gotta take it for what it is. if you still don't like it, that's fine, but don't come into it expecting to see females throw bombs like Francis Ngannou.

What sport aside from Tennis offers similar ratings for women and men?

So people aren't watching female sports (outside of tennis) for free on cable, yet the UFC not only wants to force it to be viewed by moving it in, they are also charging money to watch it on PPV.

In other sports there is a giant pool of females who play softball, basketball, soccer as a youth so they have a bigger talent pool of experienced players as adults so the skill level should be higher than the low number of females who wrestle, box, muy Thai, BJJ, and yet it's the small sample size of fighting that gets the push over sports girls actually play growing up?

Now take that small talent pool, and make being semi-attractive a way to jump the line over people who were already untalented, and a watered down sport becomes even more watered down, so guys can circle jerk to weigh in videos instead of just googling "hot girls" on the internet like sane individuals.

So yeah, stop shoving down my throat, but in the meantime I look forward to Suarez exposing all these women who dabble with MMA and get to make a career out of it. /End triggered rant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back