why Abu Dhabi

ShadowNINku

SANDBAGGER BELT
@purple
Reaction score
why is Abu Dhabi the place where the biggest no-gi grappling tournaments emerged???

why not Brazil?

i believe it has to do with a prince in that country likes submission wrestling and decided to hold a tournament there with the best in the world competing.

I think it was one of the princes of that country that went to America for college during the early UFC times. He got really into grappling and eventually got his black belt.
After returning home he wanted to set up a tournament for the worlds best grapplers. With the money his family has it was possible

bingo!

I only hope the next question won't be why are there no sheiks in brasil?

kimurense said:
bingo!

I only hope the next question won't be why are there no sheiks in brasil?

that's a sub par question for obvious reasons, the one I asked was not

Has anyone ever been submitted in Abu Dhabi? I've seen a few matches and all went the distance.

Oh I guess I'll have to keep watching then. I've only seen Vol 1 and some clips of other matches.

Does anybody on here know if the ADCC 2005 is worth buying? The 7 disc one...

Cause the shiek is RICH BITCH.

no seriously thats has alot to do with it.

LCDforMe said:
Does anybody on here know if the ADCC 2005 is worth buying? The 7 disc one...

I watched some of it. It is awesome.

And by the way the ADCC are not always held in Abu Dhabi. But they are still sponsored by prince Tahnoon.

Wolverine
///

Also, probably some of the bigger no-gi things in Brazil would be better compitition, but ADCC has turned into a truly international event, which I thinks helps the popularity. Plus, like other's have said, the money is good for the winners.

the 2005 set is pretty cool.. They did a much better job on it than any of the years before.. The production quality is higher i mean.

They need only need commentating, or some light music in the background that doesnt suck.

Gsoares2 said:
the 2005 set is pretty cool.. They did a much better job on it than any of the years before.. The production quality is higher i mean.

They need only need commentating, or some light music in the background that doesnt suck.

I'll just turn on good CD or something in the background :icon_idea

Oh, common. Ya gotta love the drums.

The 2005 was great live, haven't seen the DVDs yet. As soon as I have the money I will buy the set though.

Oh man, in the Royler vs Spanish Vale Tudo guy in Vol. 2 the crowd started chanting Ol

djmarkiss said:
Has anyone ever been submitted in Abu Dhabi? I've seen a few matches and all went the distance.

Roger Gracie submitted everyone of his opponents in the Absolute division, the first person EVER to do so. He might have submitted everyone in his weight too, I don't remember. George St. Pierre got subbed by a flying armbar too. :)

I bought the disc, and it is preeeetty damn good!!! I advise you to buy it

has for there being no subs in ADCC, just watch garcia, jacare, roger gracie, they sub almost everybody! xande is pertty good as well and einimo. vicenzo among many, many others..

ShadowNINku said:
why is Abu Dhabi the place where the biggest no-gi grappling tournaments emerged???

why not Brazil?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Back