Why a few years in age makes a big difference when young but not when old

gizmo J

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A 10 year old is 10x the age of a 1 year old.

But fast forward 100 years later the older one would be 110 and the younger would be 100 which is only a 10% age difference.

I was trying to explain this to a friend when discussing age of consent laws and he just did not get it.

interdasting_o_488233.jpg

Brains fully developed at 25? So there are a lot of changes in the early years?

I thought it had to do with biology.

The body's changing a lot more rapidly when you're younger than when you're older. You're doubling your size at infancy, then growing rapidly in childhood and teens. Not much changes when you get older besides a slow decline.

My wife (Irish, not the most academic person you'll ever meet) can't get her head around why you're only double the age of someone once in your life.
She was 16 when her neice was born, so when her neice turned 16 she was 32 and was thrilled with the result.
But now she's 41 and her neice 25, she doesn't get it

This is why I get high a lot

Nice content to av ratio

<mma4>

My wife (Irish, not the most academic person you'll ever meet) can't get her head around why you're only double the age of someone once in your life.
She was 16 when her neice was born, so when her neice turned 16 she was 32 and was thrilled with the result.

Yeah, I had trouble getting a lady to understand that a pound of brick weighs the same as a pound of feathers once.

wow absolutely fascinating never thought of that, I guess I'll stop banging youn-----

nvm

A 10 year old is 10x the age of a 1 year old.

But fast forward 100 years later the older one would be 110 and the younger would be 100 which is only a 10% age difference.

I was trying to explain this to a friend when discussing age of consent laws and he just did not get it.
The real reason is because time accelerates as you get older so it doesn't take as long as when you were young.

She must be great at either sucking dick or cooking. Rich family?

Novelty my man... Novelty...

Yes, TS. Finally someone gets it. This is why years seem shorter the older you get as well. When you are 8 years old, a year is 12.5% of your life. When you’re 30 years old, a year is only 3.3% of your life.

Holy crap. Who would have thought of that?

And, you double your age from 1 to 2 years old, but from 109 to 110, it hardly matters.

what the fuck do I say!??? I clicked thinking I could add to the thread, but fuck!

giphy.webp

Back