Why 49-46 is NOT a crazy score

jodka

Regional Manager
@red
Reaction score
I had it 48-47 Jones.

But, 49-46 is NOT a crazy score. People seem to not understand the 10 point must system and how it results in scores like this.

Jones clearly won the last 2 rounds.
Gus won the 3rd round.
Rounds 1 and 2 were CLOSE rounds.

Even if you gave rounds 1 and 2 to Gus, you can't deny they were close rounds. Any close round has a very good chance of going either way. The judges are sitting ring side and often not looking at the screens provided, they are watching the fight live. It gives a totally different view than what you and I see. For them to give a close round to the guy you don't agree with is perfectly reasonable.

I think people were so surprised to see Gus doing well, they immediately gave the first 3 rounds to him. The fact is they were close.

Actually, I gave Jones rounds 2 and 3 very slightly, and gave Gustafsson a close round 1. Glover just said he had it the same way, 49-46 Jones.

I think 49-47 Gus is a much more reasonable score than 49-46 anyone.

10-9 Gus
10-9 Gus
10-9 Gus
10-10
10-9 Jones

I had it 48-47 Gus, but 48-47 either man is fine by me.

I had it 48-47 Jones.

But, 49-46 is NOT a crazy score. People seem to not understand the 10 point must system and how it results in scores like this.

Jones clearly won the last 2 rounds.
Gus won the 3rd round.
Rounds 1 and 2 were CLOSE rounds.

Even if you gave rounds 1 and 2 to Gus, you can't deny they were close rounds. Any close round has a very good chance of going either way. The judges are sitting ring side and often not looking at the screens provided, they are watching the fight live. It gives a totally different view than what you and I see. For them to give a close round to the guy you don't agree with is perfectly reasonable.

I think people were so surprised to see Gus doing well, they immediately gave the first 3 rounds to him. The fact is they were close.

Completely agree. It was a very close fight. Wouldn't have been shocked if it were 48-47 UD for Gus. What can ya do? People should quit whining and just be happy they got to see one of the greatest fights in UFC history. No matter who won, that was a hell of a show.

A lot of people,me included wanted Jones to loose.They let emotion get in the way of judgement.It was a close fight like you say,could of gone either way.All this talk of a robbery is silly.

you-won-that-shit-cray.jpg

I think 49-47 Gus is a much more reasonable score than 49-46 anyone.

10-9 Gus
10-9 Gus
10-9 Gus
10-10
10-9 Jones

I had it 48-47 Gus, but 48-47 either man is fine by me.

10-10 4th...end this fucking thread right now, this man killed it and raped it in the butt

Round 1 was not close, Gus won that shit but Jones won the fight imo.

You have round 1 as close? That's the only round I think Gus clearly won.

Every round was close and competitive. When you're scoring something like that live it just comes down to your bias (not necessarily towards a fighter but possibly favoring Gus's clean head strikes to Jone's kicks).

There are numerous ways you can score the fight and support your score. Just a really close fight.

It seems like the haters don't want to touch this one.. I wonder why.. :rolleyes:

49-46 Jones sounds ridiculous because the fight overall was so close, but it was a reasonable score. I actually had it 48-47 Gustafsson, but rounds 2 and 3 were really close in my book and could have went to Jones, which would make it 49-46. There weren't any dominate rounds, except maybe when Jones hurt Gustafsson in Round 4, so there there were a lot of possibilities when it went to the judges. I wouldn't be upset if there was an immediate rematch either.

Actually, I gave Jones rounds 2 and 3 very slightly, and gave Gustafsson a close round 1. Glover just said he had it the same way, 49-46 Jones.

That's how I saw it. Hell of a fight

49-46 is not an insane score if you break it down round by round but I think in the heat of the moment some people get upset when they hear a score like that because it doesn't represent how extremely close the fight really was.

Personally though I thought it was 48-47 for either guy.

Round 1: 10-9 Gustafsson
Round 2: 10-9 Gustafsson
Round 3: 10-9 Gustafsson
Round 4: 10-9 Gustafsson
Round 5: 10-9 Gustafsson

You have round 1 as close? That's the only round I think Gus clearly won.

Exactly. I had it 49-46 Jones with Gus winning the first. I don't think Gus won any other round but there were some close round in there.

Back