Whose striking is better, Conor or Anderson?

Duh....

Conor is a lot more fluid than Anderson in any department. Anderson was just a product of it's time.

Conor's boxing technique is a lot smoother and he's better at creating offense, I would argue that Conor has some beautiful counter punch knockouts just like Anderson does. Anderson while he certainly has better technique on his kicks, utilises kicks similarly to McGregor but tends to have less variety, that being said, it always works.

If we're including clinch striking then I'd say Anderson was more complete, but that being said while I hate to be the guy that tries to please everybody, I don't really think they are on different levels in terms of striking. I would say though that Anderson was better at fighting people who couldn't strike with him, typically over aggressive guys, whereas Conor gets the better of better strikers who were more methodical and technical, not to the level of Aldo admittedly

Anderson KO'ed by an American wrestler.
While Conor breaks them.

Can't believe people are taking this seriously...

Conor has decent striking. There are better strikers than him in the division.

Anderson has had some of the best striking of all time.

Well Conor just KOed a guy with an 8 inch reach advantage so he must be the better striker /Conor fans

Last edited:
McGregor is not really a good striker. He has some flashy kicks, but you can go down to any TKD lesson & find girls half McGregor's size & age throwing kicks with greater technique & still capable of maintaining proper balance.

His low kicks are awful, too. Slow, zero torque, just terrible execution all around. Literally looks like a first week novice. Ben Askren-esque in his deliverly, almost:

He has good power, though it's more the result of his sheer size at the weight than natural power. He's very stiff, upright, a complete lack of head movement & generally over-extends himself.

He's essentially a tough brawler that will take two or three shots to land one. Kind of like the Tex Cobb of the MMA world. Although how tough we'll have to see until he actually moved up to his proper weight and starts fighting guys of a similar size.

Conor is a good offensive MMA striker.
Silva is among the greatest fighters we have ever seen, and his entire career was built on his striking prowess.
This isn't close.

McGregor is not really a good striker. He has some flashy kicks, but you can go down to any TKD lesson & find girls half McGregor's size & age throwing kicks with greater technique & still capable of maintaining proper balance.

His low kicks are awful, too. Slow, zero torque, just terrible execution all around. Literally looks like a first week novice. Ben Askren-esque in his deliverly, almost:

He has good power, though it's more the result of his sheer size at the weight than natural power. He's very stiff, upright, a complete lack of head movement & generally over-extends himself.

He's essentially a tough brawler that will take two or three shots to land one. Kind of like the Tex Cobb of the MMA world. Although how tough we'll have to see until he actually moved up to his proper weight and starts fighting guys of a similar size.

not all strikes in the practice room are thrown for show, daniel son

i throw 'sloppy' kicks like that just to nail my shin into the dense part of the bag

and this is why any mma fan should at least try training

Conor has better boxing, but Anderson all round. I can see Conor getting there though.

Connor has more flash but anderson can put you away with pretty much any strike in his arsenal. For a while people couldnt even put a glove on anderson.

Conor because he doesn't have a limp dick and isn't a cheater.

This ridiculous. One is considered the GOAT and has more title defenses than anyone in UFC history and the other is a one truck pony...Anderson...and it's not even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back