Whose Game Are You Studying Right Now?

Sugar Ray Robinson. Rampage Jackson as well. I feel Rampage puts boxing to use better than any other MMA fighter.

I still am studying Michael Moorer. The only HW to KO 12 guys in his career with a "triple jab"

How someone can garner THAT much power with a jab is why I'm studying him

It fascinates me.

I still am studying Michael Moorer. The only HW to KO 12 guys in his career with a "triple jab"

How someone can garner THAT much power with a jab is why I'm studying him

It fascinates me.

That is fascinating. Considering the jab doesnt work in fighting!

Im going to go watch some MM now.

Andy Souwer
possibly Nathan Corbett - since I think his style is like a pure MT version of Souwer's

It's VERY possible. But you can't just look at Malignaggi. You also have to look at Benny Urquidez. One of the better Boxing/Kickboxing hybrids, and watch what happened when he fought Muay Thai stylists. Benny didn't like leg-kicks at all. But his fleet footwork made him difficult to pin down with them, providing an early antithesis that all you have to do to a non-MT stylist is leg-kick him.

You combine that sort of footwork, with lighting fast punches (although for sake of your Health I hope you hit harder and have stronger hands than Paulie), and given you have a natural gift of speed, it CAN be done.

Thank you very much KK.

I'll try to look on Benny. I already have good footwork since I've been doing plyos since I was 6. Now I'll just brush up my fundamentals then proceed to apply the Malignaggi style. :D

Don't worry, I will do my best to improve my power and have stronger hands than Paulie(which is more attainable than to move like him). :)

The Left Kick Of Yod

The kicking speed of Narushima Ryu

The Combinations of Masato

The Angles of Ricky Hatton

The Side Kick of Francisco Filho

The Mustache of Don Frye

cotto for body shots, mayweather for setting up punches and speed and manny just cause he is fun to watch.

as for muay thai i study yod and souwer for setting up punch combos

Back