Whose Game Are You Studying Right Now?

No one's in particular. I'm always trying to stengthen my basics, and add a few more moves that are relevant to my game.

Rani Yahya, Marcelo, Jacare - I'm pretty much obsessed with Guard Passing and then finishing

Mimicing everything I see in hope to find something that suits me. Lately I've tried some of the stuff from Bravo's books and been working on my wrestling.

I've been studying Mario Sperry and big Nog recently.

Who I study usually revolves around what instructional I have at the time.

I try to implement the games I see played by my instructors. The browns and blacks at my school provide plenty for me to focus on.

If I could study Gordo and Roleta, I would.

any of you that have the benefit of training with lots of blacks, browns, or good purples, you are committing a horrible atrocity by idolizing people on youtube instead of your gym (unless of course, you are 130 pounds and everyone else is 210). You'll get so much more out of trying to emulate someone you can roll with and talk to every day than someone you watch in blurry pictures on youtube. even if they don't match your style well, you can pick apart different parts of their game you want to be like "i want to play open guard like billy, and side control like sam"

any of you that have the benefit of training with lots of blacks, browns, or good purples, you are committing a horrible atrocity by idolizing people on youtube instead of your gym (unless of course, you are 130 pounds and everyone else is 210). You'll get so much more out of trying to emulate someone you can roll with and talk to every day than someone you watch in blurry pictures on youtube. even if they don't match your style well, you can pick apart different parts of their game you want to be like "i want to play open guard like billy, and side control like sam"
STFU, white belt!

But what if I don't know Billy or Sam? Then can I follow Saulo? I know he isn't that worthy of emulation....well there was that one time at Abu Dhabi.

Back