Whose fights do you miss more - Diaz or GSP?

mma midwest fan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think Nick Diaz is a frustrating individual who shoots himself in the foot too much, but I have to say that I miss his fights more than GSP's. Anyone else feel the same way?

Both.

They are very different fighters and thus, bring something different to the table. Variety is good.

1. Diaz for the action,
2. GSP because titlefights

Yep. GSP was entertaining because you were watching one of the GOATS fight but you always knew what to expect-25 minutes of domination except for his loss against Hendricks.

Diaz you know what to expect but you dont know how it will actually play out. There are wayyyyyy more interesting fun fights with him. I just want to see Diaz/Condit 2 already.

Both.

They are very different fighters and thus, bring something different to the table. Variety is good.

good job not answering the question. the key word in the title was "more"

Nothing beats the leading up to a GSP fight.

GSP. The best WW ever is more interesting to me than a guy who bitches and moans about money and having to play all parts of MMA. Nick has done a hell of a job limiting himself.

Nothing beats the leading up to a GSP fight.

I enjoyed the aftermath of the fights too - there were always the "I told you so" attitudes of those who felt GSP was going to win, as well as the "I to you so's" of those who said GSP doesn't finish fights. Like clockwork.

GSP. I'm really biased though. It wasn't just the fights. Watching him enter the arena in his home country is just chilling. Up until Hendricks he just had that aura of invincibility

GSP. The best WW ever is more interesting to me than a guy who bitches and moans about money and having to play all parts of MMA. Nick has done a hell of a job limiting himself.

i think he was talking about the fights themselves, not the personalities of the fighters.

I miss GSP more because I was a huge fan, but I'm glad he got out because I'm a huge fan and as a huge fan, I didnt' feel he deserved to be chronically under appreciated and then blatantly disrespected by his boss.

for me, it's diaz. diaz needs to get back to fighting instead of wasting his time teaching. diaz can teach when his fighting career is over.

Is this even a question?

Nick fights. Gsp lays.

Do you enjoy watching fights or not?

Diaz by a mile.

No.

GSP is a legend of mma.

Diaz is a flat-footed brawler.
as a huge fan, I didnt' feel he deserved to be chronically under appreciated and then blatantly disrespected by his boss.
100% agreed.

Dana's public smear campaign against the reputation of St-Pierre after UFC 167 was utterly shameful.

Back