Whose a tougher fight for Khabib: GSP or Gaethje?

He'd make the weight.. But what impact would it make? I have no doubt if GSP is serious about this fight, he will start training in like Sept eyeing a April meeting. Test weight cuts and all.. Training partners for Khabib, constant film sessions. Like he says "Obsessed"..

he is a big ww and is 40 years old..I don't see it..i love GSP but has he ever fought at 155? hard to see that weight cut being effective at his age especially

he is a big ww and is 40 years old..I don't see it..i love GSP but has he ever fought at 155? hard to see that weight cut being effective at his age especially

Not really a huge WW.. He was 185 most of his career..

But I agree 155 at 40 will be hard..

Not really a huge WW.. He was 185 most of his career..

But I agree 155 at 40 will be hard..
if anyone could it would be GSP..I just don't see why he would put himself at medical risk for that (which is what I think he would be doing) I would still favor GSP though at 170--at 155 I wouldn't ...

Gaethje

Younger, stronger, hits harder, better chin.

GSP's main attribute is his high skill level, and Khabib is one of the few who can hang with him.

Gatjhe stronger than GSP?

Staying in shape and being a practitioner of martial arts is not the same, he hasn't trained like an elite athlete and world champion fighter for the better part of 7 years now and he's even said that, while Khabib has.

He's 40, doing gymnastics at the park, lifting some weights, rolling at Tristar, eating properly, going for runs and still practicing some amount of martial arts regularly will keep you in great shape, it doesn't mean at 40 he's anywhere near where he'd need to be preparation wise for a cat like Khabib.

I think its unrealistic, especially at 155. If the betting lines were anywhere near even Id bet the farm on Khabib. GSP at 31 at 170 vs current Khabib? I think GSP outclasses Khabib in that scenario. 9 years is a lot, if Khabib wants legend status have him face the 170lb champion and go out undefeated if he wins.

I think it would be a catchweight.

Weak question.

Ones a lucky to be interim champion.

The others the undefeated MW champion (which is two full divisions above in weight).

I'm going to say gaethje because he's the next fight.

We really don't know how GSP would look to be honest. Stylistically its Khabib's toughest fight by far, but GSP could look like crap. He is getting old

We really don't know how GSP would look to be honest. Stylistically its Khabib's toughest fight by far, but GSP could look like crap. He is getting old

He could but I just don't see it.

Khabib isn't a power puncher, he's a wrestler with a slow, suffocating ground game and he's not known to have the best gas tank vs. a fighter whose known for a phenomenal gas tank, arguably best wrestling in MMA, and a solid reach advantage to use his jab.

Khabib couldn't hold Tibau down, he'd have to hold GSP down for 5 rounds and wear him out, I think the odds are better that GSP puts Khabib on his back and wears him out. Since Khabib isn't lethal on the ground GSP could risk that.

Last edited:
Weak question.

Ones a lucky to be interim champion.

The others the undefeated MW champion (which is two full divisions above in weight).

Undefeated MW champion because he retired after winning the belt by beating a very questionable MW champion.. This is such a disingenuous statement on so many levels.

Undefeated MW champion because he retired after winning the belt by beating a very questionable MW champion.. This is such a disingenuous statement on so many levels.
Do you even sherdog bro? All we do here Is selectively use facts and behave cynical

Khabib vs GSP..I would favor Khabib via Youth and activity...Prime GSP would be a different story...

The hardest for Khabib to date is Justin and GSP is the 2nd hardest

you guys forget that PRIME GSP already got destroyed by a mediocre LW and he got his whole fucking face destroyed by the best LW of his generation
i would literally be scared for GSP's life if he stepped into the cage with Khabib LW GOAT

You also forget that he absolutely obliterated both of them in their respective rematch. To the point that it wasn't even competitive.

Let's not forget that

Back