Whose a better striker McGregor or GSP?

GSP has far better striking defense, conor has far better power.

If GSP actually makes 155 and they fight, GSP will win the striking just by avoiding the left, landing jabs, and, most importantly, keeping conor terrified of the inevitable takedown.

GSP has more reach, too, and he is more technical with his kicks. GSP'S kicking game is really under appreciated. The kicks he throws with his lead leg are especially smooth.

GSP is very effective in an MMA environment but if there was a small gloves, open style standup league, Conor would be elite and GSP would not.

But even in MMA Conor is far superior. You're talking about a guy who has laid waste to every MMA opponent in striking aside from the first Diaz fight (he showed FAR superior SKILL to Diaz in the second fight).

Wrestling even out many things. Holes and lack of natural flow in striking, is one of them.

Thats why gsp can make his robocop like striking so effective in the octagon.

I could see gsp outstriking conor if he would dry hump him first for a few rounds .

Since you said striking and not just boxing, gotta go with GSP.

Dude has way better kickboxing, solid round kicks, switch kicks. Conors kicks are funny looking

This guy gets it. Nice to see GSP'S kicking game getting some appreciation.

In other news, takedowns are a part of of MMA striking.
He didn’t say MMA striking, he just said striking.
GSP is definitely a great striker but Conor is better.

Who’s the better dancer tho

Well, Conor's style is more striking based. He's mostly a pure striker. GSP's striking is versatile, but he uses it to shoot so he can control fighters on the mat. GSP strikes to set up grappling exchanges, Conor strikes to win those exchanges. With the TD threat gone, I think Conor might have the advantage.

GSP is the better fighter. Conor would be the more dynamic striker.

Conor is not the dynamic striker gsp is, gsp has fallen in love for a while with the roach jab and wrestling, but he is and was first and formost a very amazing dynamic striker.

He has way more tools in the striking department to use.

Have you ever seen when he lands a spinning back kick solid?
Did you see the axe kicks he landed on Hughes standing?
Kicking the feet out from under Hughes?

McGoat

GSP doesn't have the KO power Conor does.

That’s an odd thing to measure as they have fought different weight classes.

If they fought the same people , gsp more than likely would have ko’ed some of the guys Conor did too. Especially if he actually tried for power punches.

Look at the left hook he landed on Bisping recently? That shit would KTFO Any 55’er

Well, Conor's style is more striking based. He's mostly a pure striker. GSP's striking is versatile, but he uses it to shoot so he can control fighters on the mat. GSP strikes to set up grappling exchanges, Conor strikes to win those exchanges. With the TD threat gone, I think Conor might have the advantage.

I completely disagree , in a K-1 environment where GSP just used his striking he would use all the tools he has.

He would put on a striking clinic with his kicks especially.

If GSP wanted to be could probubaly use the kicks to keep Conor out of range the entire fight. Good chance Conor doesn’t land shit before he’s asleep from a head kick ko

he outstruck everyone watch gsp vs Nick diaz, koscheck, dan hardy thiago alves. perfect striking

hes an elite level striker
I guess you missed the first Serra fight. Conor is definitely the better striker. He made it to the top with just his striking.

GSP was afraid to strike with Dan Hardy FFS. I’m not trying to take anything away from GSP he is a great striker but did you see his overhands against Jake Shields? Looked so awkward.

GSP's has kicks and what might be the best jab in MMA, mixes things up and keeps you guessing. Conor has a more rounded toolbox when it comes to his striking and a very well timed left.

A lot of people forget that GSP outstruck a lot of, if not all of his opponents and some of them known for their striking.

They are both equally great strikers. But as another poster pointed out; Conor is purely striking only. GSP opponents had to fear the threat of a takedown which allowed the guy to openly strike with them.

Last edited:
GSP has more weapons & is more versatile. Conor is a better boxer & power puncher but I think GSP has a much more effective & reliable jab. Conor doesn't really put much on his kicks usually & his leg kicks aren't very good. Even Nate Diaz who struggles dealing with leg kicks was able to check Conor's kicks & injure him.

if GSP had this great striking and actually confidence on this claim... He would just Chuck Liddell trough fights, sprawl and strike all day... No superior striker just keeps taking people down when they just can blow people up on the feet... What the fuck is that
He had to fight guys like Fitch or Hughes to actually entertain the idea of keep it standing.

Back