Who's your favourite Coach?

cDoXauU.jpg

John Hackleman
I watched a couple of his YT videos.

I think he knows MMA striking though I don't know MMA striking myself (that made sense{<Scared}). Sounds very sensible. Better than Ramsey ' run on' Dewey.<MaryseShutIt>

Just pulling Ramsey's leg (no leg lock). No worries, I like Ramsey too. He's just more talkative versus action.<GOT1>

Last edited:
People hate on him in the commentary, but I love what trevor whitman has done with Rose and Gaethje to name a few.
Whitman is like me, not in favor. At all.<Bottle.gif>
I also like Eugene bareman's almost academic approach to the game. I've heard interviews with Baremen and his understanding of the striking in MMA seems to go much deeper than a lot of other coaches I've heard.
Can't be academic and be accepted in MMA land. I tried & failed.<AckbarTrap>

Roach is a way better trainer than boxer. I looked into his background when I came starting out in TSF. He knows his stuff COLD. Not that anyone in MMA is looking for my view. The guy comes across as the salt of the earth and has common sense to the 5th power.l@nd0

The amazing thing is that he was going nowhere until because of his boxing career experience, an acquaintance tuned some important trainer on to him. And he learned & up, up he went. A classic American success story. What my abbreviated investigation showed.

Last edited:
Too often fans are so eager to point out the flaws and mistakes of high level coaches but we never really take the time to appreciate the beauty and craft of their work being shown in the proper fighters. Hooft seemed to turn his MMA striking coaching after being a pretty bad coach early on with bad corner work and people don't seem to mention him at all anymore.

My favourite Coach: Rafael Cordeiro - his 2015 campaign with Werdum and RDA was insane. 2 fighters with average striking evolved to elite levels and adopted super effective high pressure kick heavy styles, their boxing defence never really matched their entire striking skill level but they were so effective in other areas that it wasn't such a glaring hole. They also adopted amazing thai clinches that were effective for MMA and where used to defensively slow down and opponent or brutalizes a opponent. Guys like Beniel Daruish and Gastelum are high level and calculated strikers with crazy good offence but both share similar issues in boxing defence.
Whenever I hear a fighter go train under Cordeiro I'm always expecting great results.
Tie between Pat Burns (RIP) and Scottie Bowman.

Back