Who's your favorite Social Commentator?

fair and balanced? he blamed everything on religion (from what i saw of him in interviews). couldn't stand the guy.

from what i remember, he would say that there isn't a problem with celebrating the customs and traditions of religion.

the problem that he had, was when people in positions of power within a religion would use this role as a way to push their own agendas...as in not having to pay taxes due to their religion, eschewing scientific facts which directly contradicts religion, etc.

your personal ideas stay at home.

from what i remember, he would say that there isn't a problem with celebrating the customs and traditions of religion.

the problem that he had, was when people in positions of power within a religion would use this role as a way to push their own agendas...as in not having to pay taxes due to their religion, eschewing scientific facts which directly contradicts religion, etc.

your personal ideas stay at home.

if people want to be idiots, that's their right. religion isn't the only thing used to control people. as a matter of fact, it is generally exaggerated. most people are ruled by fear, money, and food. did he speak out against those things as well?

fair and balanced? he blamed everything on religion (from what i saw of him in interviews). couldn't stand the guy.

Not to mention he seemed drunk off his tits every time ive seen him interviewed :icon_lol:

Doesnt sound like you're fair and balanced yourself.
Religion is a common denominator for the vast majority of world problems, hate to say.

Believe what you believe and i hope it improves your life, but it is what it is.

Doesnt sound like you're fair and balanced yourself.
Religion is a common denominator for the vast majority of world problems, hate to say.

Believe what you believe and i hope it improves your life, but it is what it is.

haha! you and the other poster who quoted me are acting like i'm a religious nut job.

religion is an easy scapegoat for people to point the finger at when they don't want to delve deeper into the issues at hand. the fact that someone would try to blame so many of the world's problems on it seems simplistic and lazy to me. it's also a great way for the people who are responsible for the negative things happening to get their populace to blame some one else.

haha! you and the other poster who quoted me are acting like i'm a religious nut job.

religion is an easy scapegoat for people to point the finger at when they don't want to delve deeper into the issues at hand. the fact that someone would try to blame so many of the world's problems on it seems simplistic and lazy to me. it's also a great way for the people who are responsible for the negative things happening to get their populace to blame some one else.

I dont think you're a nutjob at all, you're jumping to a hyperbolic conclusion.

I'm sorry you see that way, but it's possible to blame individuals and groups, as well as what they believe, which is what Hitchens did readily.

Sounds pretty fair and balanced to anyone who doesnt fall under that shade.

I dont think you're a nutjob at all, you're jumping to a hyperbolic conclusion.

I'm sorry you see that way, but it's possible to blame individuals and groups, as well as what they believe, which is what Hitchens did readily.

Sounds pretty fair and balanced to anyone who doesnt fall under that shade.

like i said, i only saw him in a couple of interviews (it was many years ago. one was on hardball with chris matthews, the other was on bill maher's show, if i remember correctly).

anyhow, i'm saying that people are acting like i take offense to what mr hitchens said. i've no problem with him pointing out that religion is used as a tool to manipulate people into doing bad things (oftentimes contrary to what they even claim to believe in) but from what i've seen, heard, and read, it's oftentimes just a symptom of a much larger malignity in their society. to try and pin it all on religion is not doing anyone a great service. look for the underlying cause, or else the sh't will keep blowing up in your face.

if people want to be idiots, that's their right. religion isn't the only thing used to control people. as a matter of fact, it is generally exaggerated. most people are ruled by fear, money, and food. did he speak out against those things as well?

he did.

he wrote on many, many topics.

he did.

he wrote on many, many topics.

thank you for the edification. as i mentioned, i only saw and heard from him when he was doing his book tour for "god is not great" which was several years ago.

You should look deeper into him, bols.
He was stern in his views, but never skirted around truth or fed bullshit

I'm not saying he's better than all the names listed. But in the world of comedians, you gotta give it up for Chapelle:

I'm not saying he's better than all the names listed. But in the world of comedians, you gotta give it up for Chapelle:

i'm kind of partial to:

with your name i thought you'd be a fan of ezra pound, or eustace mullins.

i'm kind of partial to:

with your name i thought you'd be a fan of ezra pound, or eustace mullins.

haha... that's not even one of his top 10 bits, imo.

Ezra's my son's name.

haha... that's not even one of his top 10 bits, imo.

Ezra's my son's name.

the one i posted? that sh't's hilarious.

"i dodged that sh't like the matrix!" *uses microphone to simulate sperm flying by him* "the guy behind me wasn't so lucky."

the one i posted? that sh't's hilarious.

"i dodged that sh't like the matrix!" *uses microphone to simulate sperm flying by him* "the guy behind me wasn't so lucky."

I didn't say it wasn't funny. It's just not in his top 10... iMo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back