Who's your favorite Social Commentator?

Benoco

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Orwell, Hicks, Christopher Hitchens, Chomsky, John Lennon, Peter Joseph? Who's your favorite Social Commentator?

I like when they've got a real edge like Hitchens and Hicks. When I'm feeling particularly whacky I enjoy David Icke.

Hicks and Hitch were/are entertaining. As is Doug Stanhope.

Can't always agree with them but when I do, they usually come up with something brilliant.

Hicks and Hitch were/are entertaining. As is Doug Stanhope.

Can't always agree with them but when I do, they usually come up with something brilliant.

I know what you mean, especially in reference to Hitch, I always found his stance on the war odd. His debate with George Galloway was priceless, it was like a highly intellectual episode of "Yo Mama".

I know what you mean, especially in reference to Hitch, I always found his stance on the war odd. His debate with George Galloway was priceless, it was like a highly intellectual episode of "Yo Mama".
Haha, yeah.

For a while the right tried to claim him due to his stance on the war but he made it pretty clear that he was definitely not a conservative.

Countless classic moments from Hitch debates. Funny line here and a vicious attack there. Him versus some rabbis and rev. Sharpton was funny as hell even if it was a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sharpton was funny as hell even if it was a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

A lot of those religious debates are like that, normally you're listening to the theist thinking they're half retarded, William Lane Craig for example. The notable exception was Tony Blair, he was the best representative theists could hope for in a debate, after the opening comments I actually though Hitch had bitten off more than he could chew.

I also have to nominate Sam Harris who has a fair share of haters.

He tackles some ideas that most people don't even want to touch. But I rarely disagree with him after reading his arguments.

So true, dude is one of the funniest people in comedy. Everything he says is just gutbustingly laughable.

His bit about the War on Christmas is getting a bit old though.

It was funny the first couple of times but he's pushing it.

(review of the year, from last night. CB's hilarious)

Americans will appreciate 1:30> haha

I also have to nominate Sam Harris who has a fair share of haters.

He tackles some ideas that most people don't even want to touch. But I rarely disagree with him after reading his arguments.

I've liked him in the debates I've seen him in but he was on Rogan's podcast and it kinda put me off, I can't remember the exact issues though.

Charlie's great, I haven't seen that much of him. He has Stanhope on his show too which is always entertaining.

His bit about the War on Christmas is getting a bit old though.

It was funny the first couple of times but he's pushing it.

Just how many wars are going on right now? War on Christmas, War on Women.... the only war I care about is WAR GSP!!!

If we're talking about just 'social commentary' than it's obviously chomsky. He's on another level.

I've gone off him since he impregnanted some bird from Blue Peter. Wrongun

you would though

konnie-huq-fhm-uk-may-2.jpg

Sorry! Assumed you were a dude haha :redface:

Back